Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair play to Taarabt + Cardiff Goals/Assist Stats

Sun May 08, 2011 6:42 pm

He got 19 goals and 21 assists in the league this season...
That's just outstanding... to have someone in your team play a part in 40 of your goals throughout the season, is just... well it's no wonder they won the league is it!!

Bothroyd got our most, with 18 league goals and 10 assists :)
Which makes it hard to knock him (plus he'd probably fall over if we did), but that total could have been A LOT more had he not had such an average second half to the season!!!

Just something for all those who want Whittingham out of the team, he was actually involved in 22 of our goals, which is the same as Bellamy!! (and before you all say but Bellamy shows alot more passion etc, i agree, but Whittingham actually works harder than people give him credit for too)

Burke got 5 goals and 9 assists, which probably isnt good enough, is what im guessing the general opinion will be...

Just one more point, I'm surprised that Lewis McGugan at Forest didn't even get a mention from what i can remember, in the Championship team of the year this year, considering he has the second most amount of assists in the league this year (15) and he's scored 12 goals and has been injured for a number of games.

And just for the record, my team of the year would be...

Kenny
McNaughton
Gorkss
Williams
Harte
Taarabt
King
McGugan
Sinclair
Graham
Holt