Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JET has a big role to play

Sun May 08, 2011 9:28 pm

In the play offs imo. Burke, like last season, seems to now be looking tired and out of form at a crucial period, and where players are now getting leggy and mentally worn out I believe JET with his freshness; speed; power and size can really take advantage here on in.

I envisage him having a big say on the outcome of both legs with Reading (which i think we'll win) and in the final on a big pitch using his superior technical ability at this level against the majority of the Jacks defence (who i think we'll meet at Wembley).

Burnley yesterday showed glimpses of what we'll see over the next '3' matches...lets hope its a valuable contribution to the realisation of a lifelong dream :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: JET has a big role to play

Sun May 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Or we will get to the final, Bothroyd will get injured after 5 mins JET will replace him and have a shocker and we will lose.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm

maccydee wrote:Or we will get to the final, Bothroyd will get injured after 5 mins JET will replace him and have a shocker and we will lose.

good god mate do you want me to find you a rope!!

I really think jet could make a difference whether its instead of burke or bothroyd or even coming off the bench in the second half!! dont think the guy has had much of a chance!

roll on friday!! :ayatollah:
Last edited by brewer918 on Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm

maccydee wrote:Or we will get to the final, Bothroyd will get injured after 5 mins JET will replace him and have a shocker and we will lose.

There are notable similarities between both players (i.e JET & Etuhu) to suggest that is a distinct possibility! Its like holding a mirror up at both seasons...although we didnt have Bellamy then :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 9:36 pm

JonScam wrote:

There are notable similarities between both players (i.e JET & Etuhu) to suggest that is a distinct possibility! Its like holding a mirror up at both seasons...although we didnt have Bellamy then :ayatollah:

oh shit it just came back to me tried to put it out of my head, but i think jet is a much better player than etuhu!!

Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

brewer918 wrote:

I really think jet could make a difference whether its instead of burke or bothroyd or even coming off the bench in the second half!! dont think the guy has had much of a chance!

Roll in Friday indeed!!! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Depends which Jet turns up.
I'd play jet ahead of Koumas I witts has to play LM but not sure i would for Burke, especially against reading.

Sun May 08, 2011 10:05 pm

burkey has to play against reading! he's played really well against them the last couple of seasons to be fair to the guy.

i like JET as well as burkey but i feel JET doesn't do the basics that well and often tries to do too much with his flicks and tricks.

burke is more direct and runs at the full-back. reading's left-back - ian harte is very slow so he needs to be targeted and burkey can tear him apart. :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:05 pm

brewer918 wrote:

VERY WELL SAID MATE. :ayatollah: Jesus there's a lot of potential suicides on here sort your heads out.

Sun May 08, 2011 10:51 pm

JET is so inconsistent

bad points - hes far to laid back ( very much the arsenal way ) and i feel this costs him his place in the team

but good points are when he is good, he shows signs of quality, and given a good run in the team i think he could be a vital asset in these next 2 games

Sun May 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Jet was so poor when i seen him play up front first time I watched him I had to ask my mate why olifinjana was playing up front

on the wing he's not much better hes got all the moves talented, but hasn't got the routledge effect

Mon May 09, 2011 6:58 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:Jet was so poor when i seen him play up front first time I watched him I had to ask my mate why olifinjana was playing up front

on the wing he's not much better hes got all the moves talented, but hasn't got the routledge effect

I thought that until Burnley. 2nd half he came on and totally eclipsed anything that Burke had done (which was very little). He looked sharp, direct and changed the momentum of the game in our favour. Possibly Burke offers a bit more defensively in the away leg but JET can count himself very unlucky if he doesn't start.

Mon May 09, 2011 7:33 am

Yer I have thought for a while now that Chris has lost his form, but he do still really try. The only one in this team that has still got all his passion is Bellers. The others look like there not bothered about it.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 am

I reckon our big players will really step up now. The obvious players such as Bellamy, Bothroyd, Koumas, Oli, Mcnaughten will come good for us when we need it most. Also think, if given the opportunity, JET can make a difference in games, as proved on Saturday. Good with the ball and can take players on and if we need to hold up play.

Give him a chance Jones, know he won't but worth an ask!

Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 am

Richie wrote:I reckon our big players will really step up now. The obvious players such as Bellamy, Bothroyd, Koumas, Oli, Mcnaughten will come good for us when we need it most. Also think, if given the opportunity, JET can make a difference in games, as proved on Saturday. Good with the ball and can take players on and if we need to hold up play.

Give him a chance Jones, know he won't but worth an ask!

I tend to agree except the bit about Koumas who is poor and must not start.

Mon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm

I would play Jet on the right and whitts on the left.Burke and koumas to come on as impact players :ayatollah: