Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones...

Mon May 09, 2011 3:08 am

I'm not sure if you lads and ladies will agree but, I myself have my reservations about DJ's abillity to take the club further. But I think we shouldent be leading him to the gallows just yet. What I mean is that if we are all harping on about "DJ OUT. DJ OUT" that adds a lot of un-needed pressure and animosity on the shoulders of everyone involved with the squad for our playoff double and hopefully final...

This is just me talking but DJ's position as manager should be reviewed at the END of the season REGARDLESS of promotion or otherwize, Just not now in the lead up of the seasons most important match.

Opinions? :ayatollah:

Re: Dave Jones...

Mon May 09, 2011 6:04 am

clemoza wrote:I'm not sure if you lads and ladies will agree but, I myself have my reservations about DJ's abillity to take the club further. But I think we shouldent be leading him to the gallows just yet. What I mean is that if we are all harping on about "DJ OUT. DJ OUT" that adds a lot of un-needed pressure and animosity on the shoulders of everyone involved with the squad for our playoff double and hopefully final...

This is just me talking but DJ's position as manager should be reviewed at the END of the season REGARDLESS of promotion or otherwize, Just not now in the lead up of the seasons most important match.

dont spend anytime worrying about it as he wont be here either way.

Mon May 09, 2011 7:05 am

Its a little hard to say what Dave thinks is the best way to go up . When he took Wolves up in the play offs, he didnt have any money to buy more players. Then in his own words he said , Its hard going up by the play offs, But a great occasion for the fans but, the others clubs have had more time to bring in new players and it leaves us no time at all.

Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Its a little hard to say what Dave thinks is the best way to go up . When he took Wolves up in the play offs, he didnt have any money to buy more players. Then in his own words he said , Its hard going up by the play offs, But a great occasion for the fans but, the others clubs have had more time to bring in new players and it leaves us no time at all.

Well lets hope he learns from the past if we do go up via playoffs.

Mon May 09, 2011 11:10 am

steve davies wrote:
clemoza wrote:I'm not sure if you lads and ladies will agree but, I myself have my reservations about DJ's abillity to take the club further. But I think we shouldent be leading him to the gallows just yet. What I mean is that if we are all harping on about "DJ OUT. DJ OUT" that adds a lot of un-needed pressure and animosity on the shoulders of everyone involved with the squad for our playoff double and hopefully final...

dont spend anytime worrying about it as he wont be here either way.

Not solely on here mate, a couple of idiots are obviously going to voice it via some sort of publicity...

Mon May 09, 2011 11:24 am

In 35 years of watching the club Dave Jones has been the best manager that we have had. He may lack the charisma of Frank Burrows & Eddie May. He'll never have the same rapport with the fans that they did.

He has taken us to levels that we previously could have only dreamed of FA Cup Final, Play-offs , Challenging for promotion. We were not even close to that previously, When you look at the likes of Charlton & both Sheffield clubs a change at the top does not guarantee success. I bet all those clubs wish that they had kept their managers and not listened to the media/fans.

Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 am

No doubt he has done a decent job under difficult circumstances in his time with us. I've been a supporter for 25 years and this is the highest we've been (Not the best time I've had but that's another matter).

My issue is that he has a massive chip on his shoulder and spends most of his time trying to blame others for everything that goes on rather than addressing what might be wrong. He has alienated supporters throughout his time here rather than trying to build a bond with us.

I don't understand why because if he did things the right way he could be a hero for life.

Instead he's a bitter 2@ and for that reason I can't see many being sad when he's gone.

That said, I have never shouted Jones out at a game and I hope I never do. I will support him and all the players on Friday night and hopefully he can come good at the end.

UP THE CITY!

Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

Fairwater Youth wrote:In 35 years of watching the club Dave Jones has been the best manager that we have had. He may lack the charisma of Frank Burrows & Eddie May. He'll never have the same rapport with the fans that they did.

He has taken us to levels that we previously could have only dreamed of FA Cup Final, Play-offs , Challenging for promotion. We were not even close to that previously, When you look at the likes of Charlton & both Sheffield clubs a change at the top does not guarantee success. I bet all those clubs wish that they had kept their managers and not listened to the media/fans.

May be but at some point we have to say enough is enough when the same end of season shambles happens year on year.