Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEXT SEASON

Mon May 09, 2011 8:15 am

does anyone fear for next season if we dont go up,never mind the answers we are going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: NEXT SEASON

Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 am

Even if we do stay down I don't fear next season.

Maybe we'll have a new manager and a vastly different playing squad but I don't think VT and TG are going to up sticks on their investment yet and therefore we have to be positive whatever next season holds for us.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:24 am

last May they promised us that we wouldnt have to go thru another Wembley play off Final for promotion .......... so here we are again ?? :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 8:30 am

Part of me thinks we would be in a far better position going up next season, rather than this. Both off the field and on.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:30 am

If we have another season in the championship I'd like to see major changes made, I would like to a new manager but only because I don't feel DJ would be up for doing a hatchet job on the squad, in my opinion we need shot of huds, Quinn, witts, macphail, Jay, chops and send back JK, oli and Samual.

Obviously the manager would need funds to do this, but the last couple of seasons have proven that nothing can motivate this squad.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 am

I don't fear next season but I think we could do without the playoff process as it puts everything back 3 weeks like which players are we keeping and which are going.

More importantly its about what players are available in particular who is out of contract this summer we will now be at least 3 weeks behind other clubs wondering where we will be playing next season.

We all know Rae, Matthews, Burke, Bothroyd, Gypes, Bellamy, Olafinjana, Koumas, JET, Brown, Samuel and Bywater are all due to leave this summer - How many will be back who knows but it does represent nearly 50% of our playing squad.

There are loads of interesting players already available Diomansy Kamara, Craig Fagan, Anthony Gardner, Neil Danns, James Vaughen, Angel Rangel, Darren Pratley and Eddie Johnson (Only joking).

We may not be interested in any of these players but these are just a few of those available but other clubs have the heads up on us by knowing where they are next season.

It's one of the negatives about being in the playoff process and for me it's a worry. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 8:39 am

beddau blue wrote:does anyone fear for next season if we dont go up,never mind the answers we are going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Depends on what quality will be coming up and down for that matter. I think the Championship will be a real tough league next year more so than this year.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 am

I reckon if we don't go up this year we could win the league next year! The teams that look like coming down aren't anything special so if we could get Bellamy back and keep some players and get rid of the dead wood and the new manager bring some decent players in, who knows what could happen!

Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 am

Vintage 63 wrote:last May they promised us that we wouldnt have to go thru another Wembley play off Final for promotion .......... so here we are again ?? :ayatollah:

Hardly their fault though...they supplied the dough to keep us going, get in the likes of Bellamy, Olifinjana etc. :ayatollah: