Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you honestly think you will?

Mon May 09, 2011 8:57 am

Rivaly a side do you honestly think you will get into the Premiership? Your heads must be down again scrapping a draw with nothing to play for Burnley.I think it will be between us and Reading with a close win by us with Florist and a comfortable win by us against Reading

Re: Do you honestly think you will?

Mon May 09, 2011 9:04 am

Bellamy Shooots.....it hits the post and it's in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 am

Burnley are a decent team who last season were in the Prem and to go there and get a point where Swansea got none isnt a bad day out .......... beating a relegated team 4 - 0 who had 10 men and 5 youth team players making their debuts isnt exactly stuff to write home about ??

Mon May 09, 2011 9:10 am

Yes :roll:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:11 am

brick1964 wrote:Bellamy Shooots.....it hits the post and it's in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hmmm 50/50 really we beat you at your place when your team just didn't turn up

Mon May 09, 2011 9:19 am

We have the team to win playoffs quite easily, its whether they can be bothered to turn up or not

Mon May 09, 2011 9:20 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:
brick1964 wrote:Bellamy Shooots.....it hits the post and it's in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hmmm 50/50 really we beat you at your place when your team just didn't turn up

And you think that it's likely that we won't turn up at Wembley if we get there :shock:

If you do then carry on kidding yourself :roll: take a look at our end of season form ........ if the Boro game is taken out of the equation it looks pretty good to me.

Are you really that confident that your team that can lose at Preston (where we won when they were fighting for their lives !!) is up to the job of beating us and Forest in consecutive games ............ even the most optimistic Jack would be nervous surely :o :roll:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:25 am

Your confidence reminds me of me this time last year. We are battle scarred and are all thicker skinned thanks to it and are prepared for any outcome....I get the feeling you JB's are gonna fall hard and it's gonna hurt. Don't say your older, bigger bro didn't tell you!! :D

Mon May 09, 2011 9:27 am

let's be honest here ....

Any of the 4 teams in the play offs are capable of winning it.
All you need is your team to turn up for the 3 games plus a bit of luck.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:34 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Burnley are a decent team who last season were in the Prem and to go there and get a point where Swansea got none isnt a bad day out .......... beating a relegated team 4 - 0 who had 10 men and 5 youth team players making their debuts isnt exactly stuff to write home about ??

Boro caught you with your pants down and we went to Millwall (who are my favourites for Promotion next year) and took an easy 3 points from a well established side 6 goals from 2 games is a well inform team by anyones standards.

1 (90th minute) goal in 2 games is not what you want to go into the play offs especially against Reading must be worrying?

Just a thought like...?

Mon May 09, 2011 9:41 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Burnley are a decent team who last season were in the Prem and to go there and get a point where Swansea got none isnt a bad day out .......... beating a relegated team 4 - 0 who had 10 men and 5 youth team players making their debuts isnt exactly stuff to write home about ??

Boro caught you with your pants down and we went to Millwall (who are my favourites for Promotion next year) and took an easy 3 points from a well established side 6 goals from 2 games is a well inform team by anyones standards.

1 (90th minute) goal in 2 games is not what you want to go into the play offs especially against Reading must be worrying?

Just a thought like...?

11 away wins this season for Cardiff and only 3 losses at home so Im not bothered ....... and as for 90th minute goals then why not speak to some Norwich fans and they will tell you the justification of them :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:46 am

One thing the Jacks should learn: Don't shoot your mouth off until the job is done :roll: :lol: It makes coping with any failure even more difficult to stomach :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 am

Yes :roll:
Nice Pegs From Swansea.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:52 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:

Just a thought like...?

2003, did'nt win any of our last 5 league games, limped into the playoffs . Beat Bristol City and QPR without conceding a goal. Form means nothing.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 am

Stick your head in the sand lads it was you lot on here talking about...automatic promotion and who you would like to come up with you via the play offs,cardiff have no passion your players act like big time charlies p1ss on you and shatter your dreams your manager is like a 65yr old man on the last day of his retirement he's got no fire in him, your fans walk out after 30 minutes because they can see whats coming....I'm telling you if you want to drown your sorrows lump your money on the Jacks to go up because we will do it and wont bottle it on the big stage.

BTW Love the pegs and gypo jokes

Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 am

Four good teams, & anything can happen. I can see penalties playing there part again, in at least one of the two semi final, second leg games, just like last season.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:08 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:

Just a thought like...?

Forget form and recent games, it's a lottery. I just have a feeling we will get the rub of the green. ;)

Mon May 09, 2011 10:11 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:Stick your head in the sand lads it was you lot on here talking about...automatic promotion and who you would like to come up with you via the play offs,cardiff have no passion your players act like big time charlies p1ss on you and shatter your dreams your manager is like a 65yr old man on the last day of his retirement he's got no fire in him, your fans walk out after 30 minutes because they can see whats coming....I'm telling you if you want to drown your sorrows lump your money on the Jacks to go up because we will do it and wont bottle it on the big stage.

Love the confidence, back, bite, bum. :D :D :D

BTW When most of our crowd walked out, we still had a bigger attendance than you. :D

Mon May 09, 2011 10:28 am

Uncle Fester wrote:
Morriston Monkey wrote:Stick your head in the sand lads it was you lot on here talking about...automatic promotion and who you would like to come up with you via the play offs,cardiff have no passion your players act like big time charlies p1ss on you and shatter your dreams your manager is like a 65yr old man on the last day of his retirement he's got no fire in him, your fans walk out after 30 minutes because they can see whats coming....I'm telling you if you want to drown your sorrows lump your money on the Jacks to go up because we will do it and wont bottle it on the big stage.

BTW When most of our crowd walked out, we still had a bigger attendance than you. :D

Attendances...FFS And?
My house is bigger than your house :D

Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Attendances...FFS And?
My house is bigger than your house :D

As it happens, ours is. ;)

Big topic on the radio/in the media, your club trying to drum up support etc, Bury your head in the sand if you like, your attendance is shyte! Not many people want to go and see your club. :D

Mon May 09, 2011 11:33 am

Really come on attendances don't win games stop the record player FFS mun...

Teams with bottle,pride,and passion win games which your team does not have....

I'm sure we will not do a "CARDIFF"

Mon May 09, 2011 11:41 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:Really come on attendances don't win games stop the record player FFS mun...

im not confident going into the playoffs neither am i negative. i suggest you be concerned about how your own team will do and not think of us.

Mon May 09, 2011 11:51 am

Morriston Monkey wrote:Really come on attendances don't win games stop the record player FFS mun...

I suppose when you get crowds as low as yours it do grate a bit. FFS mun...lol :D

I have noticed your team bottle a few games this season. I suspect and hope they will again in the play-offs. ;)

Mon May 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Monkey from experience it doesent pay to be too cocky going into the playoffs this time im going to enjoy them not like last year :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Some interesting comments there...

Oh well good luck anyway, it must have been hard for you as club and the capital of our country to see us above you on the final day of the season.....personally I'm very surprised you are not in the premiership seeing as your the capital and a big city I would have thought a club of you size would have been mixing it with the big boys a long long time ago...I've seen my team in the top flight playing the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Manchester Utd you never know you might be lucky enough if the play offs go your way :roll:

Mon May 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Morriston Monkey wrote:I've seen my team in the top flight playing the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Manchester Utd you never know you might be lucky enough if the play offs go your way :roll:

That means you must be at least in your late 30s, shame you seem to have a mental age of about 10. :roll:

Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:
Morriston Monkey wrote:I've seen my team in the top flight playing the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Manchester Utd you never know you might be lucky enough if the play offs go your way :roll:

That means you must be at least in your late 30s, shame you seem to have a mental age of about 10. :roll:

Bless :) :) :)

Mon May 09, 2011 3:02 pm

IF BELLS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT, THEN YES WE WILL GO UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Morriston how do you know you won't bottle it? you've never been anywhere big enough to be seen as bottlers when you lose, although Northampton final was very funny

Mon May 09, 2011 3:39 pm

The Play offs is a lottery, anything can happen. End of.