Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joining the F.A

Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 am

Playoff's aside for a second. Do you think it's time we joined the F.A? If not, why? I'm interested to hear valid points from any yes & no camps.

If we want premiership football then surely we would have to join the F.A anyway? As I said to Taffyapple in Burnley, if you work for me and you really step out of line then I should have the right to discipline you for whatever we see fit within company policies. If i dont have complete control over you because you answer to another governing body then I'm not gonna employ you in the first place! My point being why should the F.A want us in their most cherished league...I don't blame them. I think that unless we get up on our own merit they will have every finger and toe crossed in the hope that we don't go up. Any chance they have to influence our progression, they will as we saw with QPR. That's my opinion only of course.

Imagie we play, let's say Chelsea. Terry and Bellamy come head to head and exchange a few shoves. Both get straight reds and both clubs appeal, Terry fails his appeal but Bellamy get his dropped by the F.A.W! There would be uproar and I feel there would be a biased view from the F.A there on in towards any player or team playing against Cardiff... It would make a mockery of the game....even more than it already is.

It's time for change, it just makes perfect sense to me. If anyone would like to give me some great reasons why we should stay with the F.A.W other than a possible European spot we mention often, then I honestly would be grateful.