Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" £250,000 BONUS FOR LOSING LAST SEASONS PLAY OFFS "

Tue May 10, 2011 1:45 pm

to One person at Cardiff City.
I know some people dont like it when I state these Facts, but Surely everyone is entitled to know ?

Cardiff City is Our Club.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Hmm

Re: " £250,000 BONUS FOR LOSING LAST SEASONS PLAY OFFS "

Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Its not DJ's fault how much bonus was given to him or that he's on 800k a year.....i cant think of anyone that would go into a contract negotiation and say "i think thats a bit much, pay me less" the club and riddlers fault for writing it in his contract

Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Hes not worth that money mind you!

Tue May 10, 2011 2:02 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Its not DJ's fault how much bonus was given to him or that he's on 800k a year.....i cant think of anyone that would go into a contract negotiation and say "i think thats a bit much, pay me less" the club and riddlers fault for writing it in his contract

No I would not refuse £760,000 plus £200,000 Expenses,Plus a losing Bonus of £250,000, plus now your own personal bodyguard this season costing £20,000 plus a yr, Just Riddler said something last week, which made me think, People accused the Riddler off high wages etc, look at our club now and when you pay Top Ten Premiership wages, you expect TOP STANDARD FOOTBALL.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Its not DJ's fault how much bonus was given to him or that he's on 800k a year.....i cant think of anyone that would go into a contract negotiation and say "i think thats a bit much, pay me less" the club and riddlers fault for writing it in his contract

No I would not refuse £760,000 plus £200,000 Expenses,Plus a losing Bonus of £250,000, plus now your own personal bodyguard this season costing £20,000 plus a yr, Just Riddler said something last week, which made me think, People accused the Riddler off high wages etc, look at our club now and when you pay Top Ten Premiership wages, you expect TOP STANDARD FOOTBALL.

Totally agree on that, thats why its do or die these next 2 games, otherwise its taxi for jones!

Tue May 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

This, in my opinion is 'hush, hush' money to keep Jones quiet after Golden Ticket etc.

A least we know why he's always got his hands in his pockets...... it's to stop all his notes falling out!

Tue May 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Rewarding failure.

Too many people with their heads stuck firmly in the trough.

Why can't these bonuses only be paid for WINNING something?

Perhaps then the wasters at our club would actually pull their fingers out.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Isnt that a contradiciton in itself? coming from the Riddler.... These players (or most of, are playing under his wage structure?) The players wages are purely negotiated by "the Agent" and which ever "director or Chairman" control these negotiations? I was watching that Alan Sugar on football the other night on BBC2 and Harry Redknapp stated that most managers dont have a clue what their own players are on..... They just tell the chairmen/Director who they want - and then they try and secure a deal....

Tue May 10, 2011 2:25 pm

I think you'll probably find that the bonus was for getting to the final of the play-offs not for the act of actually losing it :lol: No doubt he would have got even more (around £1m I think you've said previously) for winning it so therefore you could say he lost £750k for losing :o

I take your point but I think the terminology can cloud the actual picture. If DJ is really only here for the money then I would have thought that a £1m bonus for promotion is incentive enough to make him care :lol:

Tue May 10, 2011 2:27 pm

in my opinion every single footballer at this club should have a win bonus on every game we play , that way everyone of our players might play to the final whistle which might also turn alot of the results around when we concede 1st

Tue May 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:to One person at Cardiff City.
I know some people dont like it when I state these Facts, but Surely everyone is entitled to know ?

Hmm

bit insensitive of you annis
have you seen the price of horse feed and the green fee's down the vale these days.
probably just scraping by on that pittance

Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm

davids wrote:Rewarding failure.

It wasn't rewarding failure, Annis has been very clever with his words.

He would have had a bonus in his contract for getting to the play-offs, obviously 250k. If we had gone up it would have been more. However, there should not have been a bonus for making the Play-Offs, it should have been ONLY if we were promoted.

We cannot blame the current board for paying DJ his salary this year, it is a contract that was put in place by PR. The only way out of it is for DJ to walk (as if) or he is paid a years salary and told to sling his hook.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm

If we offered to pay the players their bonuses in beer tokens and betting slips we'd fly into the Premier League!

Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

davids wrote:If we offered to pay the players their bonuses in beer tokens and betting slips we'd fly into the Premier League!

or bupa vouchers for bothroyd to help towards curing his cauliflower arse

Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm

darran1927 wrote:in my opinion every single footballer at this club should have a win bonus on every game we play , that way everyone of our players might play to the final whistle which might also turn alot of the results around when we concede 1st

I think you'll find they probably do :ayatollah: In addition, I think Chopra also gets a bonus each time he scores a goal.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Hmm

Hearsay .........?

Tue May 10, 2011 2:38 pm

steve davies wrote:
davids wrote:If we offered to pay the players their bonuses in beer tokens and betting slips we'd fly into the Premier League!

or bupa vouchers for bothroyd to help towards curing his cauliflower arse

:lol: :lol:

Tue May 10, 2011 2:45 pm

DJ is on a one year rolling contract?
Did the club give him notice last year.If not why not?

Tue May 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Hmm

Why at such a critical time in the history are people insitant on publishing negative propaganda that will have a detrimental impact on our Club? Now IS NOT the time!!! This is not in anyway going to benefit the situation in which we find ourselves in now!

Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 pm

He is already the highest paid manager outside the Prem. So to give him more on top to fail is a joke .

Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Dave Jones has more responsibilities than just coaching the team, hence his high wage.
Andf I'm not sure if the bonus applied if he made the play offs. He'd have surely gotten more had we won or finished in the top two. So yes he lost, but I blame the people who put it there rather than DJ for taking it.

I know this is another chance to have a dig at DJ, but right now we don't need shit like this. While DJ is manager he has my support, as do each and every player on that pitch.

Tue May 10, 2011 3:03 pm

What is it with the people in this part of the world who are willing to pay over the odds wages to average players and manager who are clearly not as good as they think they are.

Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Dave Jones has more responsibilities than just coaching the team, hence his high wage.
Andf I'm not sure if the bonus applied if he made the play offs. He'd have surely gotten more had we won or finished in the top two. So yes he lost, but I blame the people who put it there rather than DJ for taking it.

I know this is another chance to have a dig at DJ, but right now we don't need shit like this. While DJ is manager he has my support, as do each and every player on that pitch.

Agreed. Which is again making me think as I did previously that there is some kind of hidden agenda going on with fans being pushed toward a certain way of thinking. Even if it jeorpardises the club and risks respective performances on the pitch and effectively costs us promotion. You start to think people would be happy if we didn't go up as at least they would have self fulfilled their own prophecies, got their own way and had chance to further their own interests and agenda.

Tue May 10, 2011 3:31 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Hmm

Hearsay .........?

How is it Hearsay when thats what was paid out ? :roll:

Tue May 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Hmm

It was for getting there.... not losing it.

I see your experience as an author has taught you how to "spin" ...... tut tut ! nawteee boyyyy! :old:

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

the way everybody is talking you would all like to lose the playoffs just to get rid of dave jones for god sake get behind the manager and team for the playoffs its not helping us all this negative talk

Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm

You can't blame him for accepting such a contract, blame the people who offered it to him.

Tue May 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Hmm

It was for getting there.... not losing it.

I see your experience as an author has taught you how to "spin" ...... tut tut ! nawteee boyyyy! :old:

Getting there meant absolutely nothing unless we won the game.

Last season we were in the Championship. As we were this season.

What justifies payment of a bonus just for getting to the play-offs?

The answer is of course the ridiculous contract handed to Jones by the useless Leeds prick.

As I said above, rewarded for FAILURE.

Tue May 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Whether he is worth it or not (I don't think he is), it is none of our business.

Who here would be comfortable posting their pay packet details ?

Tue May 10, 2011 6:52 pm

You post things like this on the messageboard and cause more unrest amongst the fans (with a very important game just days away). Don't worry about you hating Dave Jones it's no wonder he has no time for you.