Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Listen to Lenny Dave

Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28670675/?

"I believe the most successful way of earning success at this stage is by remaining strong defensively. That’s the key".

I agree and this is where we have been weak all season. I believe we should play 5 across the middle to protect the back 4 but have enough pace in midfield to burst through and support Bothroyd up front and if Bothroyfd don't cut the mustard then throw Parkin on instead. First and foremost though every player must be up for it straight from the whistle 7.45 on Friday night :ayatollah:

Re: Listen to Lenny Dave

Wed May 11, 2011 9:29 am

Coming from a man who played Spencer Prior at CB in our victorious game against QPR I'd say that's a bit rich :roll: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 am

piledriver64 wrote:Coming from a man who played Spencer Prior at CB in our victorious game against QPR I'd say that's a bit rich :roll: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Horses for courses mate we were in a first division play off then not going for the Premier League and forgive me if I am wrong but from memory we didn't concede a single goal in the three play off matches that season so Spencer Prior did his Job. Let's hope our defence does their job over the next 3 games.

Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 am

ihatealiens wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Coming from a man who played Spencer Prior at CB in our victorious game against QPR I'd say that's a bit rich :roll: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Horses for courses mate we were in a first division play off then not going for the Premier League and forgive me if I am wrong but from memory we didn't concede a single goal in the three play off matches that season so Spencer Prior did his Job. Let's hope our defence does their job over the next 3 games.

Agreed :ayatollah: I just think Prior was always a disaster waiting to happen at any level and the fact that we did keep a clean sheet in all 3 games (your recollection is right !) was therefore more by luck than judgment :lol:

Perhaps we'd agree that we need a bit of Lennie's luck which included a goal from a guy who usually couldn't hit a barn door .............. step up Quinny my son :lol: :lol:

Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 am

ihatealiens wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/05/11/lawrence-cardiff-city-can-emulate-my-2003-side-and-win-promotion-91466-28670675/?

"I believe the most successful way of earning success at this stage is by remaining strong defensively. That’s the key".

I agree and this is where we have been weak all season. I believe we should play 5 across the middle to protect the back 4 but have enough pace in midfield to burst through and support Bothroyd up front and if Bothroyfd don't cut the mustard then throw Parkin on instead. First and foremost though every player must be up for it straight from the whistle 7.45 on Friday night :ayatollah:

100% agree!!! Ive been saying this all season! We are suspect at the back but have looked great whenever we have played 5 in midfield and we have even scored a hatfull of goals when we have done this! However, no matter what formation or tactis you play it will never provide you with bottle and character! Thats what we need more than anything now and im afriad it's in very short supply!

Wed May 11, 2011 10:17 am

And how many goals did we concede during the 2003 playoffs.