Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we had to pick a way to go up it would be the playoffs

Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 am

Wouldn't it?

Look how happy Blackpool were? Who remembers who won the title and came second? No one. However everyone remembers Blackpool's day out at Wembley and achieving promotion.

That's why I think it's going to be great winning promotion through the play offs. Will give us a massive boost going into next season.

Re: If we had to pick a way to go up it would be the playoffs

Wed May 11, 2011 12:43 pm

If We go up Neil, Then if I am Honest this is the Best way in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2011 12:51 pm

maccydee wrote:Wouldn't it?

Look how happy Blackpool were? Who remembers who won the title and came second? No one. However everyone remembers Blackpool's day out at Wembley and achieving promotion.

That's why I think it's going to be great winning promotion through the play offs. Will give us a massive boost going into next season.

They'll also be remembered for coming down. No one will remember Newcastle for coming down will they? :lol: :lol:

Wed May 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If We go up Neil, Then if I am Honest this is the Best way in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes it's probably the way most of us would dream about :ayatollah: Trouble is, if we lose it's just the worst possible feeling :cry:

Surely it's our turn to win if we get to Wembley :ayatollah:

Wed May 11, 2011 1:07 pm

what a load of bull shit be honest for once, you lot at the beginning were saying its autos or we are fucked.because even the most hardened fans thought that you wouldn't make it through the play offs so whats changed then :?:

Wed May 11, 2011 3:14 pm

portsidejack wrote:

what a load of bull shit be honest for once, you lot at the beginning were saying its autos or we are fucked.because even the most hardened fans thought that you wouldn't make it through the play offs so whats changed then :?:

I don't disagree and I'm not happy with the play offs.

What I would say though is if at the start of the season someone with a wish said to me. You can go up automatic or have a day out at Wembley with 35000 other fans of your club and go up that way what would you prefer? I would take the play offs.

Don't forget my West Walian friend we have gone up that way before so know how it feels.

Of course I would prefer the stress less option at the moment and be up already but if we go up I will say it was the best way as Blackpool would I am sure.

The fact Blackpool are struggling is nowt to do with playoffs it's to do with little or no investment in players or many quality players to start with unlike the others who went up.