Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City FC official website....

Fri May 13, 2011 11:16 am

Isn't good enough! Take a look at Liverpool's Website....

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

Simple, Lots of news, interviews, and the occasional free video for people that aren't subscribed.

Now look at Our website....

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Hom ... 35,00.html

I know we are not at Liverpool's level, but surely we could have a website that was as good, as helpful and as easy to use?

How many people actually use our official website?!

Re: Cardiff City FC official website....

Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 am

Cardiff website isn't created by cardiff but supplied by a web design and management company ( I can't remember there name) hence why all the other championship websites have the same layout and its mainly the colours that are different. The costs of managing a website probably run into the £100,000 of pounds a year which I don't think we can afford.

Cardiff City staff just add the content to the website nothing else.

Fri May 13, 2011 11:24 am

They are limited to what they can do and what they can change and apparently tied into a long term deal like most football league clubs.

The website is very poor though, very user unfriendly

Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 am

2blue2handle wrote:They are limited to what they can do and what they can change and apparently tied into a long term deal like most football league clubs.

The website is very poor though, very user unfriendly

so why the hell cant Barrie and Mark manage their own website for CCFC ........ cant be that difficult can it web designing and all that ?? But it does seem that a lot of other clubs ALL use the same type of website , maybe its an FA or FL thing ??

Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 pm

You're tied into to the Football League/Premier League contract with a web-design company who also run "Player/World". To get out of it, we would have to pay the Football League a certain amount to buy out the contract for us. There are only a few teams in the English League System who do not use the design, Ie. Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City & The Premier League it self...

Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 pm

It is a truly awful interface to use. Cluttered, untidy and damn right awkward.

It's bugs me to the extent that I haven't been on it for about 2 years. Even the ticket part is bloody awful.