Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I know some people who have got

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:01 pm

kids and mortgages etc not on a lot of money who one way or another managed to find the cash for next years season tickets, just before Christmas cos our "honest" Chairman promised that there will be players coming in on the income from the season ticket money. Well......................................................
He has to remember that a lot of our fans are only on a basic wage and cant afford it. He really has taken the Piss!!!!!!!!!

Re: I know some people who have got

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

the yorkshire ripper :evil:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:38 pm

BlueCheg wrote:kids and mortgages etc not on a lot of money who one way or another managed to find the cash for next years season tickets, just before Christmas cos our "honest" Chairman promised that there will be players coming in on the income from the season ticket money. Well......................................................
He has to remember that a lot of our fans are only on a basic wage and cant afford it. He really has taken the Piss!!!!!!!!!

I like the word "some".
I80-90% of our fan base is family orientated

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Like your post here cheggs, im currently a student on dont really have much money as i cant really work as im in college monday to friday and the football on a sat (i no its not an excuse but) over the last 2 years even with my money problems i have been to at least 10 away games and always had a season ticket, i couldnt afford it this season but still saving, im really glad i never brought it early and gone overdrawn lol. something has be done about this cus ur right most people dont earn that much money

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

I owe my entire season ticket money to a third party. I couldn't afford it over Christmas and I am still in debt now. It's ok though, he's got his comfy car and lifestyle so f**k it. If Riddler's happy, I'm happy!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 pm

is the tw*t paying the tax bill tho ????????? I dont give a f**k about players or promotion at the mo I just want to be sitting in the seat Ive paid for next season watching the Bluebirds !

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 am

BlueCheg wrote:kids and mortgages etc not on a lot of money who one way or another managed to find the cash for next years season tickets, just before Christmas cos our "honest" Chairman promised that there will be players coming in on the income from the season ticket money. Well......................................................

Well said chegs and i'm in that category mate! :oops:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 am

papa wrote:the yorkshire ripper :evil:

Well said mate

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 am

Personally i think that anyone who couldnt afford this season ticket offer, but went ahead and signed up for it, need their head examining.
Live within your means, if you cant afford something, then dont buy it..

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:22 pm

papa wrote:the yorkshire ripper :evil:

Agreed, also known as "The Yorkshire Rip Off"

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 pm

I have been a City supporter for thirty five years, and a season ticket holder for the last twelve years.

I normally take advantage of the various payment plans that have been available , or use my credit card and pay it off over a couple of months.

This year however I managed to put in a few overtime shifts at work before Christmas and was able to renew my families three season tickets, and paid in cash.

The fact that the tax bill had been paid, new investors were imminent, and with the money being earmarked for new players, led me to believe that I would be safe to pay in cash.

If at the time the club had told the truth and said that they needed to use the revenue from the season ticket money to keep the club going, then I would have twigged that all was not right, and would have given myself a bit of protection and used my credit card as payment.

However if the club now go into admin myself and many other loyal City supporters face the prospect of having to pay for our season tickets again.

The level of financial mismanagement, deceit, and lies spouted by the club is beyond belief.

The only option for Ridsdale is to walk now and take his money grabbing cronies, who have never put a single penny into our beloved football club with him.

And here’s hoping that he is never able to surface at another football club ever again.