Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man U 1974 - the away match

Mon May 16, 2011 8:07 am

Obviously heard loads about the home match but what about the away that season - I don't supposed many teams went to Manchester that year.
How many did we take ?

Re: Man U 1974 - the away match

Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 am

March 1st St Davids day 1975. Very few FANS if I remember right as it was also Scotland v Wales same day. And I can not remember seeing any trouble between the two sets of fans that day, but mind I was a little tippsy to see any thing.

:old: AND STILL TIPPSY

Mon May 16, 2011 11:13 am

stan106 wrote:Obviously heard loads about the home match but what about the away that season - I don't supposed many teams went to Manchester that year.
How many did we take ?

i was on one of three coaches that went up and we were in the stand to the side of the scoreboard end.
as frank below says it was a piss poor turnout.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 pm

franks memory must be fading alittle bit iwas on the train with the boys about 20 of us sent the brummie reds and cockney reds packing on new st station birmingham fair play we were only outnumbered by 20 to one also i remember frank throwing daffodils around old trafford as it was st davids day the good oldv days eh

Mon May 16, 2011 4:15 pm

from what i remember everyone kept quiet in the ground, we were dotted in the corner.
not one chant as i remember, sorry to say.

Tue May 17, 2011 6:40 am

brackla bluebird wrote:franks memory must be fading alittle bit iwas on the train with the boys about 20 of us sent the brummie reds and cockney reds packing on new st station birmingham fair play we were only outnumbered by 20 to one also i remember frank throwing daffodils around old trafford as it was st davids day the good oldv days eh

Your spot on with the Daffodils though, But can you tell me what coat I was wearing. ? A beer if your right.

Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 am

Got to be a butchers coat if it was 1975. :lol:

Tue May 17, 2011 7:41 am

Danny Says wrote:Got to be a butchers coat if it was 1975. :lol:

or a black crombie ??? :old:

Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Got to be a butchers coat if it was 1975. :lol:

or a black crombie ??? :old:

It was a full lenth RAF coat. I'm sure a few will remember that one.

:old: and getting a little nervy about tonight.

Tue May 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I was at OT, I broke a heel off my platforms. Police boarded our bus before we got into Manchester and warned us not to wear colours and to fake our accents :lol:

Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 pm

yes frank i can remember the coat can you remember the new st station fun and games