Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

millenium stadium final ?

Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 am

i have just been told by someone who say (yes says) its been told to him by good authority that millenium stadium staff have been put on allert for the possibilty of a final

rumor at this moment i know. :ayatollah:

Re: millenium stadium final ?

Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 am

That is probably standard procedure in these days of heightened risks of terrorism. I can't see them changing the final to Millennium Stadium unless Wembley make a stipulation that they still receive all profits.

Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 am

It would be the most sensible idea if it is an all welsh final, bubble trip for Jacks ? :D

Mon May 16, 2011 10:59 am

Wembley dont want the welsh there :lol: i wish it was the case too

Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 am

the fa could still run the thing, tickets and the like, and get the money, just pay the millenium for the use of the stadium.
then they could just use millenium workers and not wembley ones.

i cant do it now but i have a friend who stewards the city games and she works at the millenium for the rugby and concerts i will ask her later if she has been contacted.

as i said in the first post, just a rumor i know but there is always a bit of flame when theres smoke.

Mon May 16, 2011 11:41 am

If both sides did get there then it would appear the common sense thing to do.

Would the local police be keen for it though? Lots of factors to take nto account but the extra drinking time would be much appreciated I'm sure :lol:

Mon May 16, 2011 11:47 am

the extra drinking time would be much appreciated I'm sure

im sure you dont wait until you reach the destination to crack open a can of heavy or McEwans :lol:

Mon May 16, 2011 11:55 am

would be much easier if bridgend had a 80k stadium...its inbetween both jackland and cardiff :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 11:57 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
the extra drinking time would be much appreciated I'm sure

im sure you dont wait until you reach the destination to crack open a can of heavy or McEwans :lol:

You've seen the state I arrive in , never mind end up in!!!!

Mon May 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:would be much easier if bridgend had a 80k stadium...its inbetween both jackland and cardiff :lol: :ayatollah:

Get the portable stands up down newbridge :lol:

Mon May 16, 2011 1:13 pm

adamt958 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:would be much easier if bridgend had a 80k stadium...its inbetween both jackland and cardiff :lol: :ayatollah:

Get the portable stands up down newbridge :lol:

could happen :D id prefer fly the Bernabau over...f**k wembley :D get bout 10 army helicopters and fly the fucker over :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm

I work at Network Rail, and they have also been notified of a possible event being held at Millenimum Stadium

Mon May 16, 2011 2:03 pm

What would be the financial take for the FA if it were held at Wembly or Cardiff. If the finalists are Cardiff and Swansea, no way will it be held at Cardiff. It would only set a precident if they did.

Mon May 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Not enough coaches to bus fans up to wembley transport chaos but then again .....we aint there yet,
But here's hoping eh :ayatollah: ' :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 4:32 pm

if the police can handle a manchester derby at wembley then they ll be confident in handle us against the jacks

Mon May 16, 2011 4:38 pm

caerblue wrote:if the police can handle a manchester derby at wembley then they ll be confident in handle us against the jacks

They are pussy cats in comparison Chief. After all the City fans live in Manchester and UTD live mainly in south England and Newport

Mon May 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Yes it'll be moved. People are sure of it.

Ok, so ticket debentures at Wembley will be annoyed, having already missed the other league playoff finals.

Ok, so sponsors will be livid having to travel to Wales for it.

And I'm sure the FA will be positively delighted when the WRU charge them a massive wodge due to the short notice.

Nope, can't see any flaws in the plan whatsoever...

Mon May 16, 2011 4:51 pm

i really do feel that it is gonna be in wembely at the end of the day wembely aint gonna pay for its self , they need the income

Mon May 16, 2011 4:54 pm

it will not be moved...IF we got there...

money people at wembley dont care about a few taffs having a scrap outside!

like someone said im sure they can cope with it, they had a manc derby the other week, theres plenty of big games taken place over the years.

they cant move the game everytime a big teams/rivals come together :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 pm

milly44 wrote:it will not be moved...IF we got there...

like someone said im sure they can cope with it, they had a manc derby the other week, theres plenty of big games taken place over the years.

Agree with that post Milly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 6:07 pm

1. Both Welsh teams won't make it. Corrupt referees will see to that. We have Mr Webb (Mr England) tomorrow, we're screwed.

2. If by some miracle it did, like the event of a beach ball from Porthcawl getting on the pitch and the ball deflecting in off it then it would still be held at Wembley.

why?

1. The transport the English would make from coaches/trains/LU to Wembley.

2. The business made in England around Wembley. Like hell would they let us Welsh benefit from the event.

3. Wembley holds 15,000 more fans. Do you really think they're going to miss out on all the cash generated from those tickets? No.

4. Its an excuse for London Met to get in hard on both us and swansea fans on the day and brand us as hooligans ruining our image with the media up and down Britain

Mon May 16, 2011 6:10 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:1. Both Welsh teams won't make it. Corrupt referees will see to that. We have Mr Webb (Mr England) tomorrow, we're screwed.

2. If by some miracle it did, like the event of a beach ball from Porthcawl getting on the pitch and the ball deflecting in off it then it would still be held at Wembley.

why?

1. The transport the English would make from coaches/trains/LU to Wembley.

2. The business made in England around Wembley. Like hell would they let us Welsh benefit from the event.

3. Wembley holds 15,000 more fans. Do you really think they're going to miss out on all the cash generated from those tickets? No.

4. Its an excuse for London Met to get in hard on both us and swansea fans on the day and brand us as hooligans ruining our image with the media up and down Britain

100% spot on!! the engerlish would benefit alot from this. They know if wales hosted it, as you clearly said, local cardiff businesses would make money therefore boosting the welsh economy...now we cant have that can we Mr. Cameron? :roll:

Mon May 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Webb was the ref for our 2nd leg game last season and for the play off final in 2003...

Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 pm

griffy wrote:Webb was the ref for our 2nd leg game last season and for the play off final in 2003...

did we win last year? yes on penalties. we lost in normal time.

in 2003 he wasn't as much of an idiot as he is now. as he's gotten older, gotten more rep, hes become more self loving and an english nationalist. Even in an interview after the WC final he said 'I feel proud to represent England, my country and do them proud as I always strive to do'. Basically, hes going to do England proud tomorrow night by letting an English team go through.

Its written in the stars.

Mon May 16, 2011 6:20 pm

but it wont just be outside will it, there will be running battles along the 150 miles or so, eeven possible confrontations ON the M4 in traffic jambs

your right there nathan, so how much do you think its going to cost too,

put a minimum of 2 coppers on every passover (bridge, footpath, viaduct) between brittony ferry bridge and kew gardens
a squad of coppers on every service station from magor on
a gang of coppers at every pub within a 3 mile radius of any junction on the M4 with a back up battalion close by.
thousands of coppers all around wembley and along wembley way ??

who pays their wages ??
i may have started this thread as a rumor i have heared, but im hearing more to make it sound feasable.

Mon May 16, 2011 6:23 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

but it wont just be outside will it, there will be running battles along the 150 miles or so, eeven possible confrontations ON the M4 in traffic jambs

your right there nathan, so how much do you think its going to cost too,

put a minimum of 2 coppers on every passover (bridge, footpath, viaduct) between brittony ferry bridge and kew gardens
a squad of coppers on every service station from magor on
a gang of coppers at every pub within a 3 mile radius of any junction on the M4 with a back up battalion close by.
thousands of coppers all around wembley and along wembley way ??

who pays their wages ??
i may have started this thread as a rumor i have heared, but im hearing more to make it sound feasable.

Someones been watching 300 and Lord of the Rings too much IMO.

Mon May 16, 2011 6:25 pm

dont know what 300 is and never seen lord of the rings. :geek:

Mon May 16, 2011 6:27 pm

milly44 wrote:dont know what 300 is and never seen lord of the rings. :geek:

Apparently, this is going to happen on the M4, all the way up.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1046&bih=585&q=300&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=

Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 pm

mmmmm mock me i will sit and wait judgement once tomorrows battle is done.

tell me how do you see
80 thousand fans of who 40-50 thousand i would say hate each other, will travel along the same route,
use the same roads, same toilets, same eateries, same garages, same pubs, same exits and the same final modes of transport to the bull ring (wembley way) where all hell will be let loose. ?

saying that im sure the ref will have a lot to do with the game tomorrow after a phone call from the FA at 21:36

Mon May 16, 2011 9:45 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

mmmmm mock me i will sit and wait judgement once tomorrows battle is done.

tell me how do you see
80 thousand fans of who 40-50 thousand i would say hate each other, will travel along the same route,
use the same roads, same toilets, same eateries, same garages, same pubs, same exits and the same final modes of transport to the bull ring (wembley way) where all hell will be let loose. ?

saying that im sure the ref will have a lot to do with the game tomorrow after a phone call from the FA at 21:36

There will be dead Jacks all the way up the M4 in every toilet every eateries every Pub :lol: :lol: :lol: