A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tomorrow Support and attendance update NOT Good

Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Cheers mate. Worth every penny though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
by bluebird58 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 pm
Be interesting to see how many spaces there will be in the family enclosure - where people bought £50 season tickets for their kids who aren't really interested

pathetic statement,
think about what you have just said, THE FAMILY STAND, meaning familes more importantly kids, my daughter is going as she did last year, but we didnt leave the stadium till 10:15 last year at the age of 10 i think, personally thats too late, in fact very late for a school night, maybe you have different parenting skills to me who knows.

annis are you taking your girls ? seeing as you think its an interesting point ??
carl what about you ??
andy i know morgan and lloyd are older but ???
ian ??
anyone else ??

What about me ?

Yes Angharad will be with me.

Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 pm

No Andy am not taking my girls.

Tuesday nights you can accept the empty seat but my gripe is the amount of times I wanted to take my girls on a Saturday but could not get into the family stand knowing there would be plenty of empty seats.

Mon May 16, 2011 8:39 pm

thats all i was asking, because the post went from bad attendance too
it being parents who have bought season tickets for their kids, fault, which i took offence too.

Mon May 16, 2011 8:43 pm

ian i wouldnt expect you too mate, but then your not one of the parents being blamed for empty seats in the family stand,
as your girls for this season dont have them.
saying that, what would your outlook be should you manage to get them one next season and that comment was made?

Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:ian i wouldnt expect you too mate, but then your not one of the parents being blamed for empty seats in the family stand,
as your girls for this season dont have them.
saying that, what would your outlook be should you manage to get them one next season and that comment was made?

Annoyed as I would be one of those parents making every effort to use my seats.

It is those parents who have hogged a childs seat with hardly any intention of using it all but for big occasions that the comment is made at.

Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I am in the family stand and have not bought my boy a ticket, he is just 4 and cannot be up that late! I would rather sit with my mates in the Ninian Stand and let others buy my seats but when I rang earlie in the season it would cost me! :roll:

Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 pm

but you cant segregate them ian, we cant always get them there even on a saturday
and i have as you will acnowledge, (seeing as you sit in her seat when shes not in it) have not taken chloe to about 6 of the home games this year due to partys or another thing going on, but other than the small group of posters that i/we associate with prior to a match wouldnt know any different thus taring me or anyone like me with the same brush.

which is wrong, maybe the club should monitor the seating and charge if they are not used or use a sliding scale depending on how often they are used for next years price, i dont know the answer or profess too, but being blamed as one of them parents i wil not accept

Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

boyo1927 wrote:I am in the family stand and have not bought my boy a ticket, he is just 4 and cannot be up that late! I would rather sit with my mates in the Ninian Stand and let others buy my seats but when I rang earlie in the season it would cost me! :roll:

exactly,
thank you,
obviously some of the old guard do not appreciate the future city supporter having access to 75% of the matches played at home. i bet as kids (junior/infant school) they went to every home game. mmmmm

no annis this is not aimed at you :D

Mon May 16, 2011 9:18 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:but you cant segregate them ian, we cant always get them there even on a saturday
and i have as you will acnowledge, (seeing as you sit in her seat when shes not in it) have not taken chloe to about 6 of the home games this year due to partys or another thing going on, but other than the small group of posters that i/we associate with prior to a match wouldnt know any different thus taring me or anyone like me with the same brush.

which is wrong, maybe the club should monitor the seating and charge if they are not used or use a sliding scale depending on how often they are used for next years price, i dont know the answer or profess too, but being blamed as one of them parents i wil not accept

No one is blaming a regular like yourself or Chloe. As I said earlier it is expected that kids can't make night games or some Saturday matches.

You dont see it where you sit but trust me most home games this season you can predict which seats will be empty in the family stand. We are not talking about one or two but rows of them. Somewhere I read it is nearly a thousand seats that go empty.

The club will be monitoring it this season. I have heard that they will bring some sort of system where you can resell your seat if you cant make it.

Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

lets hope so then mate.

i dont understand rows of them mind, as that would suggest that the rows only have kids in them or that the parents are not going either

another question, annis you or carl may know the answer

do season ticket sales acctually count against the attendance wether their there or not

example, if we had 25k of ST holders and they didnt come to a game
but we sold 100 walk up would the attendance be 100 or 25100 ?

Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 pm

I live in Pembrokeshire and for reasons relating to travel and other stuff I don't watch many games, only a few a season although I'd like to see more, last one was the 4-1 win against Derby but I've got tickets to the game tomorrow even though I've got exams all week and I'm really looking forward to it :D

Mon May 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Yes ST do count towards attendances.

I heard another fact that you can take off around 5000 to what is announced of our attendance.

Mon May 16, 2011 9:37 pm

I'll be there for the game Tuesday, and will be making as much noise as possible, like all the city faithful, I LOVE CARDIFF! Regardless of the minority of the players in the pre borough antics, its bit unfair to tarnish the whole team because of it, those who play for the shirt, deserve our support. We are one win away from being at Wembley again, maybe because of the loss at last years final, people dont want to go through the heartache again, who knows......

For those who have bought their tickets for the game, well done, lets hope the players return the favour with their performance. Lets play our role Tuesday night and make some noise, from the Canton, to the Ninian, to the Grange to the Grandstand. I'LL BE THERE :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
matthewpope534 wrote:people taking there GCSE's and A level's may account for people who were normally go not buying tickets

i agree with you. there will be alot of students/pupil who will miss out due to important exams. exams are more important than football :ayatollah:

EXAMS!! :| what the fook kind of exams are these kids taking? lasting to 7pm at night...

Personally I put it down too people watching it in the pub wantin to save money

Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
matthewpope534 wrote:people taking there GCSE's and A level's may account for people who were normally go not buying tickets

i agree with you. there will be alot of students/pupil who will miss out due to important exams. exams are more important than football :ayatollah:

EXAMS!! :| what the fook kind of exams are these kids taking? lasting to 7pm at night...

you gotta revise aswell :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 pm

sorry end of season, the squad we had were good enough to go up, in this weak league, i bet qpr and norwich feel like barcelona, and real madrid in this shit league, city aint getting no more money of me , end of season now, away in turkey in july, thailand in jan, :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Well with regards to exams my Daughter is in Swansea Uni studying for her BA Honours and had exams yesterday, today and tomorrow and obviously as to revise which makes it a very stressful time.

So i could understand if some of our fans who are students couldn't make it however despite all this my daughter is driving from Swansea tonight meeting up with me and will be at the game. Thats my girl :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: