Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season tickets are now selling really well

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

The meeting Monday helped the supporters Trust' fight to get installments for the five year freeze on tickets...you can order now and start paying in January...five equal installments until May...its a great deal now and open to the first 10.000 fans....

Obviously they have a cash flow problem and will be glad of this possible income now, I was unhappy because they expected fans to do this before Christmas,,,this new option is a no brainer and I would recommend everyone who is thinking of getting a season ticket to take this option...5 years at the same cost...we could be in league 2 or the Premier league...either way you are not forced to ever buy another season ticket...but if we do get lucky...we are will be laughing.

Re: Season tickets are now selling really well

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:09 pm

thats excellent corkey well done :D just rang and done mine.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:20 pm

I think I will do mine very soon. Thanks for the info

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 pm

What's mad about this is the Trust had brought this up to the club and they wouldn't listen, or they listen,nod and do nothing.
Yet we can have an open meeting organised by just another fan like you and me, and someone from the crowd unattached to any of the Official organisations just asks about the interest free option and it get's done.

Personally I think this is a snub by PR to our clubs two Official bodies, and a case of playing to, or even playing the crowd.
Don't get me wrong I'm so glad they have set it up and I will take advantage of the offer, but it should have been worked out with proper consultation with the Official supporters groups.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:42 pm

brilliant news.

thats my presents sorted for everyone this christmas

well done everyone involved

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:59 am

Personally I think this is a snub by PR to our clubs two Official bodies, and a case of playing to, or even playing the crowd.
Don't get me wrong I'm so glad they have set it up and I will take advantage of the offer, but it should have been worked out with proper consultation with the Official supporters groups.

I thought that at first but Mona told me that this was sorted before Monday, it took time to get a deal with the finance company and it looks like the stumbling block was the club having to pay the interest on the advances instead of the fans. Monday did help with the guy in the audience also bringing it up. The real point is that this should have been discussed in advance and maybe these things could have been aired and talked through...and there is no doubt in my mind that the fact that less than 3,000 had taken up the offer also helped them work out an agreement with Zebra finance...

Whatever the reasons, the right thing has now happened and the offer is great for the fans, like I have said from the offset the only thing wrong with it was forcing the less well off fans into paying up in full before Christmas, this has now been rectified and the supporters Trust are happy to fully support the offer and encourage fans to take it up.