Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The GREATEST welsh Derby - EVER?

Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 am

It is my opinion that the greatest game the south wales derby will ever see - is just around the corner.....

Will we be able to make the final step tonight to reach a game that may never ever happen again....

The South Wales Derby is one of the best in the world - but to bring the game to the capital of England and viewed by millions world wide is an occasion to behold!

We have to take tonight's game by the scruff of the neck, believe in ourselves and play with 100% pure passion. Let's hope the staff and players have the right attitude going into tonight's game - To give the fans of the club a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Come on the Bluebirds! :ayatollah:

Re: The GREATEST welsh Derby - EVER?

Tue May 17, 2011 6:22 am

I just hope that the players and management are as up for the game tonite as us the fans are , coz we are and we know what's around the corner . But do they ?? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 am

Im not feeling confident in anyway whasoever

Tue May 17, 2011 6:49 am

I believe we will win tonight but it is not going to be easy as IMO Reading as a team have a greater belief in the way they play football, but we have the quality and that I believe will see us through a tough game tonight.

What worries me is the club are doing this everyone is going to get a banner and the players are looking forward to walking out and seeing them being waved, f**k banners, f**k fireworks, f**k laps of honour just get out there man up and beat Reading it doesn't get any simpler than that. Save any banners, fireworks or laps of honour until we actually win something.

If we do win tonight of a bigger concern is we will play the biggest game in our history on the biggest stage in this country against our biggest opponents.

A mixture we all know our manager doesn't like hopefully if we overcome Reading someone can sit numbnuts down and explain it may be a derby game but it's being played over a 100 miles from South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 8:19 am

I'd rather a token for a free strongbow!!! Lol - would go a longer way the a bloody banner!

Nah, seriously, we must just knuckle down, knock the ball around and concentrate on getting past Reading. Please lads don't put the Wenbley blinkers on early or you WILL get taught a lesson!
:ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 8:25 am

Could be the worst derby at the same time! Couldn't bare to lose against them!!

Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 am

easternblue wrote:Could be the worst derby at the same time! Couldn't bare to lose against them!!

just think of all the banter on the way up the M4 etc before the game tho :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 am

Promotion to the premier league and ensuring your arch rivals stay in the dungeon, what could be sweeter

Tue May 17, 2011 12:44 pm

it would be the greatest Welsh derby match ever NQAT - either extreme bliss or extreme depair!!!

Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Merlin wrote:It is my opinion that the greatest game the south wales derby will ever see - is just around the corner.....

Will we be able to make the final step tonight to reach a game that may never ever happen again....

The South Wales Derby is one of the best in the world - but to bring the game to the capital of England and viewed by millions world wide is an occasion to behold!

We have to take tonight's game by the scruff of the neck, believe in ourselves and play with 100% pure passion. Let's hope the staff and players have the right attitude going into tonight's game - To give the fans of the club a once in a lifetime opportunity.

You are right, it is or will be the biggest and we hope the best game that Wales has even seen. The games between us always are. But the number 1 Dreby is not Manu v ManCity or even Everton V Liverpool , Its Wolves v WBA and that is Official ! it was on one of the sports shows about 2/3 weeks ago.
One thing I would say about Wloves V WBA games is they hate with a passion :twisted: , but many many times I have seen they can always give credit where its due and I have also seen many times in the forum that they say, I KNOW WE HATE YOU AND YOU HATE US ! BUT HOPE YOU STAY UP ,I WANT ALL THE BLACK COUNTRY AND MIDLANS TEAMS TO DO WELL. That I have see many times in forum and on teamtalk.

Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm

We have to ge through tonight first . Then we can think about the Jacks

Tue May 17, 2011 1:11 pm

If we win today, then it's not only the greatest welsh derby ever, but probably one of the best derby matches EVER, just considering what's are the stakes...that would probably be a game that you'd want to see if you could watch just one match in your entire life

Tue May 17, 2011 1:13 pm

easternblue wrote:Could be the worst derby at the same time! Couldn't bare to lose against them!!

I remember losing to the Jacks in the FA cup and it was still a great day out. :lol:

Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Merlin wrote:It is my opinion that the greatest game the south wales derby will ever see - is just around the corner.....

You are right, it is or will be the biggest and we hope the best game that Wales has even seen. The games between us always are. But the number 1 Dreby is not Manu v ManCity or even Everton V Liverpool , Its Wolves v WBA and that is Official ! it was on one of the sports shows about 2/3 weeks ago.
One thing I would say about Wloves V WBA games is they hate with a passion :twisted: , but many many times I have seen they can always give credit where its due and I have also seen many times in the forum that they say, I KNOW WE HATE YOU AND YOU HATE US ! BUT HOPE YOU STAY UP ,I WANT ALL THE BLACK COUNTRY AND MIDLANS TEAMS TO DO WELL. That I have see many times in forum and on teamtalk.

Yea, Wolves v WBA def biggest rivalry in British football, footballpolls or whatever that site also listen it in first place (South Wales derby was 5th but just because it was made in 2008 so right before jacks got promoted), and yea, they aren't that bitter like we or jacks are, respect the players and staff, but they just hate each other and that's what rivalries are about, jacks were brilliant and I don't think it's wrong to acknowledge that