Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Referee tonight

Tue May 17, 2011 9:07 am

Is Howard Webb. Everybody is talking about somes conspiracy theory about not letting two welsh teams in the final, but Howard Webb is a world class referee and will not be biased imo. If they didnt want a welsh team in the final last season theb Webb wouldnt have given a penalty. Itll come down to whoever is the better team on the night and whoever deserves it :ayatollah:

Re: Referee tonight

Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 am

spot on fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 9:35 am

Spent a fair while with Howard Webb last wednesday at buck palace (long story) and he strongly fancied Cardiff to go up. He then told me that he was reffing us at home and reminded me that he gave Chops offside goal last year :D

He was aware of some fans unrest towards the team and manager and genuinly interested in us not only as a club but the supporters too. He mentioned the fuss about the CCS atmosphere and that as far as he was concerned it was good. Nothing compared to NP though! Also reminded me that he was ex OB and asked what plans we would expect for final with the scum. He didnt have a clue how it would or could be policed.

Parting shot was dont forget the QPR final and Leicester last year. Not saying he'll do one for us but is he lucky for us????

Top fella to be fair. Nothing like the arrogant prick I expected

Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 am

Did he ref our final against QPR

Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 am

yes

Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 am

jbirdrules wrote:Is Howard Webb. Everybody is talking about somes conspiracy theory about not letting two welsh teams in the final, but Howard Webb is a world class referee and will not be biased imo. If they didnt want a welsh team in the final last season theb Webb wouldnt have given a penalty. Itll come down to whoever is the better team on the night and whoever deserves it :ayatollah:

its not about A welsh team in the final its about 2 welsh teams in the final, giving them a massive headache and police bill