Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We have no reason to fear.......

Tue May 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Ok Swansea have made it to the final and quite deservedly in my opinion. They held Forest at home, with 10 players, and pretty much demolished them at home.

Lets concentrate on us...... There is absolutely no reason why we cannot do the same.

We have a host of players, all over the park, who have played at International Level and are therefore better prepared for the "Big Match" atmosphere.

Reading are a good team and we need to be careful but our players, on a player-to-player basis, are better than them.

We cannot go into the game "expecting" to win. But we can go into the game believing that we are better than Reading. We need to be confident and if we play the sort of game that we are capable of then we will win comfortably.

We need to have confidence. We need to remember Man City. We need to remember Leeds and we need to remember Middlesboro. We have succeeded so many times before and there is no reason we cannot do it again. If anyone doubts me play the Cardiff Middlesboro game before you set off and then walk to the ground knowing that we can win.

I'll be gutted if we lose but I'll be even more gutted if we dont give it 200%. If we give it 200% then we should succeed and join Swansea in the Final.

Tonight is not about protecting players careers. Its not even about Money or Bonuses. Tonight is about the Pride and Passion that comes with wearing the Cardiff City Shirt. Tonight is about winning the match and being able to face our friends, from Swansea, knowing that they have not got one over on us. Tonight is about every single Cardiff City Supporter who has supported the Bluebirds throughout the years, including those no longer with us, who want to see Cardiff in the Premiership. Tonight is about that disabled lad who comes onto the field, prior to kick off, who has very little going right in his life - but who wants to see Man Utd & Liverpool play at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Tonight is about a lot of things - Lets Just Do it!

Re: We have no reason to fear.......

Tue May 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Agreed! Apart from the swansea demolished forest last night, if u mean forest had a blatant penalty turned down and hit bar 3 times!!!