Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS COULD BE OUR LAST CHANCE

Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm

FOR A WHILE ......cos if we dont make it this year we know there will be changes with players ,management ,loaned players etc ...ive no doubt the malaysians will sort things out regardless but with changes sometimes you need time and it could take another year or two to get going again....we,ve bounced around the play offs for a few years now and not many teams do that ,hopefully this year could be 3rd time lucky...after losing out by a goal v preston and then blackpool maybe our 2 years of suffering will end with another trip to wembley and a winning one as sometimes you have to experience the bad to relish the good .....no different to when stoke beat us and the year after we beat qpr in the final ...so COME ON CITY !!

Re: THIS COULD BE OUR LAST CHANCE

Tue May 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Everyone said the same last season but we bounced back with a creditable season.

Lets just see what happens this season before worrying about next season

Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

well im going for the 3rd time lucky ...we as fans have had enough moments in the last 2 years to devastate us no more so than last year ,so maybe we,re going back to win it !

Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 pm

The only possible changes that would be detrimental to our promotion chances next year (if indeed we do not make it this season) will be the loss of Bellamy as a player and leader (as I cannot see how an arrangement can be made).

I cannot see anyone coming in for any of our players who are tied up in contracts (even Burke as he hasn't been great).

We will lose loan signings that patched together a good nucleus but nothing of note.

Heaton, Marshall, Quinn, McNaughton, Keinan, Hudson, Gerrard, Blake, Whittingham, Burke, McPhail, Wildig, Parkin and Chopra will all be back.

We then need to build this back up, preferably through permanent signings but losing our loan players won't really be too bad.

Are we going to miss Brown and Bywater? No. JLS, JET, Koumas? Not really. Olofinjana to an extent yes but they are all easily replaceable

Tue May 17, 2011 2:14 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:The only possible changes that would be detrimental to our promotion chances next year (if indeed we do not make it this season) will be the loss of Bellamy as a player and leader (as I cannot see how an arrangement can be made).

I cannot see anyone coming in for any of our players who are tied up in contracts (even Burke as he hasn't been great).

We will lose loan signings that patched together a good nucleus but nothing of note.

Heaton, Marshall, Quinn, McNaughton, Keinan, Hudson, Gerrard, Blake, Whittingham, Burke, McPhail, Wildig, Parkin and Chopra will all be back.

We then need to build this back up, preferably through permanent signings but losing our loan players won't really be too bad.

Are we going to miss Brown and Bywater? No. JLS, JET, Koumas? Not really. Olofinjana to an extent yes but they are all easily replaceable

Jay is probably gone too

Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 pm

With a bit of luck. Diving lazy c*nt

Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm exciting no matter what happens. Looking forward to the next 12-24 months no matter what the result tonight. :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Zabier I'm with you there. If we get to the final it will make for the most exciting gut wrenching experience of our lives as football fans. The media will be all over it and banter will be at it's high point for years.

If we don't, we have a new manager to discuss and a new exit strategy out of this god forsaken league.