Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

quickquid loans on telly

Tue May 17, 2011 4:16 pm

just noticed at the bottom of the screen that there annual intrest rate is............1734% :shock: ,please,i know its tempting in these difficult times but dont borrow from them you will lose everything. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: quickquid loans on telly

Tue May 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Nothing good ever comes from loans...... oh hang on!!! :o

Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 pm

My brother and I were talking about this and obviously it's an extortionate rate of interest but for short term loans it can work. Imagine you're in a pub and you're £3 short so you say to your mate 'I'll pay you £3 tomorrow and buy you a pint to show my thanks'. The interest rate of that transaction over the whole year would be ridiculous. Close to 36,500% APR is it? My maths is shit so I could be wrong!

I would never use them personally though. :D

Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Zabier wrote:My brother and I were talking about this and obviously it's an extortionate rate of interest but for short term loans it can work. Imagine you're in a pub and you're £3 short so you say to your mate 'I'll pay you £3 tomorrow and buy you a pint to show my thanks'. The interest rate of that transaction over the whole year would be ridiculous. Close to 36,500% APR is it? My maths is shit so I could be wrong!

I would never use them personally though. :D

yes,£3 quid,and buy a pint another £3,but if you borrow £500 over a year that alot(my maths not good)it shouldnt be allowed :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah, they should be more stringently regulated for sure. I had trouble with Lloyds when I rang them. I only wanted to make a quick transfer of funds but they kept creating issues that didn't exist. The first was that I didn't have enough funds in my account. When I stated I did they then went 'oh yeah, sorry, just a technical error' then they said they'd transferred it as a bill and it wasn't sending which I then said 'why? I never mentioned anything about a bill' and they were adamant I was. How could I be when I've never even heard of a bill transfer before???

All this just to squeeze every extra penny out of me via telephone banking. Lloyds have seriously become the worst bank by a country mile for customer service now. Shocking.