Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IDIOT DJ FAN

Tue May 17, 2011 9:48 pm

After the game a small crowd gathered in the grand stand to watch the post match interviews. When DJ was being interviewed some booed. Out of nowhere this absolute nutcase starts going off on one saying Dave Jones is the best thing that has ever happened to this club, the fans will get him the sack and we are all idiots. He even had the cheek to say "What the f**k has Bellamy done this season?" If anyone disagreed with him he went head to head with them with his eye balls popping! Ive seen some idiots in my time but this guy was the biggest prick ive ever seen at football, if people like DJ they are entitled to their opinion but this guy was a disgrace!!

Re: IDIOT DJ FAN

Tue May 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:After the game a small crowd gathered in the grand stand to watch the post match interviews. When DJ was being interviewed some booed. Out of nowhere this absolute nutcase starts going off on one saying Dave Jones is the best thing that has ever happened to this club, the fans will get him the sack and we are all idiots. He even had the cheek to say "What the f**k has Bellamy done this season?" If anyone disagreed with him he went head to head with them with his eye balls popping! Ive seen some idiots in my time but this guy was the biggest prick ive ever seen at football, if people like DJ they are entitled to their opinion but this guy was a disgrace!!

Yes, I was there too. You summed up the situation correctly. I would say just two things:

(1) DJ is tactically naiive, and has probably been one of the worst in that respect.

(2) DJ assembled a fine squad by Championship standards but had no idea of turning a team of individuals into a team.

I still stand by what I said to this gent: "What would Billy Ayre or Frank Burrows have given to be in charge of a squad like this year's?" Tactically, far superior to DJ they would have moulded a team that performed better. At least 6 years in we wouldn't have had a manager who still didn't have a clue how to counteract a team that played with 5 in midfield.

StT.

Tue May 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Great scout, average manager, terrible man manager.

Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:After the game a small crowd gathered in the grand stand to watch the post match interviews. When DJ was being interviewed some booed. Out of nowhere this absolute nutcase starts going off on one saying Dave Jones is the best thing that has ever happened to this club, the fans will get him the sack and we are all idiots. He even had the cheek to say "What the f**k has Bellamy done this season?" If anyone disagreed with him he went head to head with them with his eye balls popping! Ive seen some idiots in my time but this guy was the biggest prick ive ever seen at football, if people like DJ they are entitled to their opinion but this guy was a disgrace!!

Yes, I was there too. You summed up the situation correctly. I would say just two things:

(1) DJ is tactically naiive, and has probably been one of the worst in that respect.

(2) DJ assembled a fine squad by Championship standards but had no idea of turning a team of individuals into a team.

I still stand by what I said to this gent: "What would Billy Ayre or Frank Burrows have given to be in charge of a squad like this year's?" Tactically, far superior to DJ they would have moulded a team that performed better. At least 6 years in we wouldn't have had a manager who still didn't have a clue how to counteract a team that played with 5 in midfield.

StT.

I heard you say that and you are 100% correct!!!! Len Ashurst would have killed for this backing!!! the guy was a complete moron and i was glad you joined me in sticking up to him!

Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:

StT.

I heard you say that and you are 100% correct!!!! Len Ashurst would have killed for this backing!!! the guy was a complete moron and i was glad you joined me in sticking up to him!

Hi Jimbo,

Glad to make your acquaintance.

Tactically naiive, stubborn, unteachable, poor man-management skills and never failing to miss an opportunity to make disparaging remarks about S Wales' fans or media; he belongs to a byegone era. Below are two posts I made on Dec 28th/29th 2009 after our 4-4 draw at Peterborough U.

(1)
"Listening to the CCFC iPlayer commentary of today's game at Peterborough crystalised why Peter Ridsdale MUST get rid of our present manager NOW. With him in charge I simply can't see how we will ever get promotion. To keep him and still get promotion will need an absolute miracle.

As I have posted many times before, the man has my absolute respect in coming through the awful, unfounded court case that would have ended most people. However, as a football manager the man has now become an abject liability. I have no delight in writing this; it is merely my observations of watching football over 50 years and studying his modus operandi during his spell in charge at CCFC.

Let’s be honest. Its easy being a manager when your team is winning but great managers manage to get victories from the most unlikely of situations. Great managers have a perceptive mind as sharp as a knife in dissecting what’s happening on the pitch, know how to rectify that situation and a ruthless streak in putting it right. Wenger, Mourhino, Ferguson, Ancelotti etc are professors in this respect. Meanwhile we have the prison that is 4-4-2, the continual selection of players who haven’t played well in months, poor man-management (remember: Alexander and Thompson etc) and abysmal motivational skills. His stubbornness and unteachability are now legendary amongst City followers. [Furthermore he also has a penchant for distancing himself from taking responsibility after poor performances. After the loss against a woeful Plymouth team his repeated mantra was: “I told the players to … but they didn’t.” “We told them to … but they didn’t.” Well if this is the situation, then perhaps we need a manager who will not allow these things to drift on as they are but still selecting players who are at fault in his eyes.]

Sure its easy when things are easy but good managers, like cream, come to the surface in hot times. Time and time again in the big games Jones’ tactics cause us an uphill fight before the first ball is kicked. Remember the F A Cup Final (where was Ramsey ? why didn’t Thommo play instead of Hasselbaink?), the Swansea C games and many others show this is a repeating trend.

In short, any outfit that somehow manages to score the first goal against us; any side that adopts a somewhat physical game-plan; or any side that dares to play 4-5-1 against us and its as good as saying, “Bye, bye 3 points.” Jones simply has no comprehension of how to respond to these basic movements of the oppositions’ pawns. His, reaction, to defeat, “You haven’t played the game professionally so shut up! … [SP … I have and I do know!]” is condescending and arrogant in the extreme. I guess he’d say the same thing to Wenger and Mourinho (who only played 12 pro games between them). What a cheek. Anyone with an analytical brain and ideas has more to offer than the Jones’ approach.

Some will say that we can’t afford to get rid of the manager. I will still say that we can’t afford to keep him! He must go and go now."

(2)
"So the dust has settled on the London Road fiasco that was supposed to be a football match between a relegation-bound Peterbro and an aspiring Cardiff City team but I dare say that both the anger over that performance and demand for action from Peter Ridsdale has not receded amongst City fans. For I don't know how many times in his reign DJ, when cornered by hacks, his last throw of the dice is as predictable as his 4-4-2 formation: "The players this ..." "They didn't that ..." You can't distance yourself from your troops. Imagine Montgomery during WWII saying such. You know I still haven't watched my copy of the Stoke (h) Play-Off defeat yet and I think it will be as long a time before I muster the resources to watch Dave's after-match comments from Monday.

I don't wish to say I told you so, but for a number of years my views on Mr Jones,the manager, have not changed. What has is that there is now such a ground swell of opinion against our present leader that unless Mr Ridsdale takes decisive action, and soon, then any further iffy results will make DJs' position completely and utterly untenable and, sadly, an open revolt from the fans could follow. This I would not wish upon DJ for even he deserves to be treated with dignity, particularly after the shocking events he and his family have had to come through in their private lives.

Decisive action can still be done with dignity. Jonsey has done well, in very difficult times, but, I believe, he has taken us as far as he can. For that what he has done I say, and PR needs to say, "Thank you Dave, I appreciate everything you have done for this Club but the time has come for fresh ideas."

So where does that leave Cardiff City FC? Some say Mark Hughes but he, too, hit his peak after the victory over Italy and, high and dry in his own prison of 4-5-1, was found wanting on the international stage. Who can forget when losing to Russia, in a match we needed to win, he brought on Earnshaw but consigned him to play on the right in an unchanging 5-man midfield. Managers in their fifties are not for me; they think everything is as it was 20 years ago. But the game has moved on! For this reason Curbishley and Coppell are not for me either. Alex Ferguson, and only a few others, keep that hunger for victory alive in their latter years. We need a hungry young man who is not affraid to stand up to some of our prima-donas. Whether that means a 40-something manager in his own right or a 30-something track-suited eager beaver with an older head as his Number 2 I don't know. But this Club, these players need new ideas. Dave Jones, sadly, is not the person who can deliver that."

StT.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 pm

StT.[/quote]

I heard you say that and you are 100% correct!!!! Len Ashurst would have killed for this backing!!! the guy was a complete moron and i was glad you joined me in sticking up to him![/quote]

Hi Jimbo,

Glad to make your acquaintance.

Tactically naiive, stubborn, unteachable, poor man-management skills and never failing to miss an opportunity to make disparaging remarks about S Wales' fans or media; he belongs to a byegone era. Below are two posts I made on Dec 28th/29th 2009 after our 4-4 draw at Peterborough U.

(1)
"Listening to the CCFC iPlayer commentary of today's game at Peterborough crystalised why Peter Ridsdale MUST get rid of our present manager NOW. With him in charge I simply can't see how we will ever get promotion. To keep him and still get promotion will need an absolute miracle.

As I have posted many times before, the man has my absolute respect in coming through the awful, unfounded court case that would have ended most people. However, as a football manager the man has now become an abject liability. I have no delight in writing this; it is merely my observations of watching football over 50 years and studying his modus operandi during his spell in charge at CCFC.

Let’s be honest. Its easy being a manager when your team is winning but great managers manage to get victories from the most unlikely of situations. Great managers have a perceptive mind as sharp as a knife in dissecting what’s happening on the pitch, know how to rectify that situation and a ruthless streak in putting it right. Wenger, Mourhino, Ferguson, Ancelotti etc are professors in this respect. Meanwhile we have the prison that is 4-4-2, the continual selection of players who haven’t played well in months, poor man-management (remember: Alexander and Thompson etc) and abysmal motivational skills. His stubbornness and unteachability are now legendary amongst City followers. [Furthermore he also has a penchant for distancing himself from taking responsibility after poor performances. After the loss against a woeful Plymouth team his repeated mantra was: “I told the players to … but they didn’t.” “We told them to … but they didn’t.” Well if this is the situation, then perhaps we need a manager who will not allow these things to drift on as they are but still selecting players who are at fault in his eyes.]

Sure its easy when things are easy but good managers, like cream, come to the surface in hot times. Time and time again in the big games Jones’ tactics cause us an uphill fight before the first ball is kicked. Remember the F A Cup Final (where was Ramsey ? why didn’t Thommo play instead of Hasselbaink?), the Swansea C games and many others show this is a repeating trend.

In short, any outfit that somehow manages to score the first goal against us; any side that adopts a somewhat physical game-plan; or any side that dares to play 4-5-1 against us and its as good as saying, “Bye, bye 3 points.” Jones simply has no comprehension of how to respond to these basic movements of the oppositions’ pawns. His, reaction, to defeat, “You haven’t played the game professionally so shut up! … [SP … I have and I do know!]” is condescending and arrogant in the extreme. I guess he’d say the same thing to Wenger and Mourinho (who only played 12 pro games between them). What a cheek. Anyone with an analytical brain and ideas has more to offer than the Jones’ approach.

Some will say that we can’t afford to get rid of the manager. I will still say that we can’t afford to keep him! He must go and go now."

(2)
"So the dust has settled on the London Road fiasco that was supposed to be a football match between a relegation-bound Peterbro and an aspiring Cardiff City team but I dare say that both the anger over that performance and demand for action from Peter Ridsdale has not receded amongst City fans. For I don't know how many times in his reign DJ, when cornered by hacks, his last throw of the dice is as predictable as his 4-4-2 formation: "The players this ..." "They didn't that ..." You can't distance yourself from your troops. Imagine Montgomery during WWII saying such. You know I still haven't watched my copy of the Stoke (h) Play-Off defeat yet and I think it will be as long a time before I muster the resources to watch Dave's after-match comments from Monday.

I don't wish to say I told you so, but for a number of years my views on Mr Jones,the manager, have not changed. What has is that there is now such a ground swell of opinion against our present leader that unless Mr Ridsdale takes decisive action, and soon, then any further iffy results will make DJs' position completely and utterly untenable and, sadly, an open revolt from the fans could follow. This I would not wish upon DJ for even he deserves to be treated with dignity, particularly after the shocking events he and his family have had to come through in their private lives.

Decisive action can still be done with dignity. Jonsey has done well, in very difficult times, but, I believe, he has taken us as far as he can. For that what he has done I say, and PR needs to say, "Thank you Dave, I appreciate everything you have done for this Club but the time has come for fresh ideas."

So where does that leave Cardiff City FC? Some say Mark Hughes but he, too, hit his peak after the victory over Italy and, high and dry in his own prison of 4-5-1, was found wanting on the international stage. Who can forget when losing to Russia, in a match we needed to win, he brought on Earnshaw but consigned him to play on the right in an unchanging 5-man midfield. Managers in their fifties are not for me; they think everything is as it was 20 years ago. But the game has moved on! For this reason Curbishley and Coppell are not for me either. Alex Ferguson, and only a few others, keep that hunger for victory alive in their latter years. We need a hungry young man who is not affraid to stand up to some of our prima-donas. Whether that means a 40-something manager in his own right or a 30-something track-suited eager beaver with an older head as his Number 2 I don't know. But this Club, these players need new ideas. Dave Jones, sadly, is not the person who can deliver that."

StT.[/quote]

probably the best post ive seen on here!! 100% correct, ive been saying the same for years!