Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HOPE THAT THE MALAYSIANS HAVE PLAN B

Tue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm

I have a feeling that they would have already decided what will happen if City didn't achieve promotion this year, there must be a plan in place and I hope decisions will be made quickly to get us all looking forward to next season. We need a fresh new start, a young manager with new ideas - no loan players, but young hungry players.........

I hope that a press conference will be called in the next couple of days - I have never slagged off Dave Jones and I am against doing it now, because I believe the man has increased our football profile. Having said that - I'm not blinkered to think that Jones can carry on after this season, there have been times this year that I cannot believe an experience man like himself can make such silly managerial errors:

* Totally dismissing Lee Naylor's poor performances in the first half of the season
* Sending Gerrard on-loan - I said at the time it was a mistake and that's definitely been proven - player of the season at Hull City
* Slagging off Adam Matthew's after the Ipswich game, having seen all the errors that Naylor & Hudson were making (not good for team morale) and selling him to Celtic. Why did he actually bring him on tonight was beyond me, when the guy hasn't figured all season
* Signing Parkin but not giving him a look in even though Bothroyd was going through a very poor time
* One of the biggest downfalls in the season was giving players time off before the Middlesbrough game, that will ultimately cost him his job, because the camp hasn't been the same since then. Drinking before that game was unacceptable in my eyes and Jones has to take full responsibility

Bring on next season and new beginning :ayatollah:

Re: I HOPE THAT THE MALAYSIANS HAVE PLAN B

Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm with you on every point. Jones has done more good than bad over 6 years, but his time is up.

Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Just said most of that myself mate in another thread. We need to take a long hard look at ourselves. We were never as good as some thought. Some gaping holes in some areas. Big changes needed starting with the manager. League tables never lie.

Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 pm

you better hope that they don't pull the plug on Cardiff, because you are walking on very thin ice.
and with the words on sky sports tonight. that's all that can be heard at Cardiff city stadium is the clunk of empty seats. its not going to go down well with the Malaysians. you have been warned but you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and say aew we really that well supported the answer is a big no. i have never seen that many fans leaving before the end of a Swansea game and that is fact. :(

Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 pm

our support was good tonight, but what is there to cheer about when some of our shit signings don't give a f**k about the club and have a shocking game. there is no plan b and the players along with DJ were clueless.