Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When the dust settles.........

Tue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm

and we reflect on this season:

1. I don't think that we can complain about not going up. Over the course of the season we haven't been good enough. At times we've looked great, but we've lacked consistency. I don't think the blame lies solely at the door of DJ. Yes, he's made mistakes in terms of signings and tactics, but players like Bothroyd, Chopra and, to an extent, Whittingham did not put the effort in over the second half of the season and that has cost us. Regardless of DJ's tactics there is no excuse for not putting in the effort.

2. Not going up could be the best thing for us. Not going up will surely spell the end for DJ and, although not everything is down to him, I do feel we need to freshen things up a bit. A new manager, new ideas etc.

3. Not going up will also enable us to get shot of some of the pi**heads and those who have not put the effort - we all know who they are. We need younger players who will fight and are ambitious and who are desperate to make a name for themselves - at times this year I think some of our players have believed the hype too much.

It'll be interesting to see who is in the dugout and what the starting XI will be on the first day of the season.

PS - well done Darcy Blake - City's MOM in my opinion