Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

need some advice,not from gwyn though

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:59 pm

the wife given me the threat of leaving if i dont ease up on amout of games by about half,shall i let her go or what,this is true need your help lads on this what would you do

Re: need some advice,not from gwyn though

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Dibs, two choices, both of which I have utilised over the years.

Choice a) You've loved City longer than you've loved her. Women come and go, football is forever!! Give her the Spanish Archer.

Choice b) Cut back on games for a few weeks, but become increasingly annoying to be around, getting under her feet at every opportunity until she practically begs you to go back to watching more games to get out of her hair.

Under no circumstances do you stay under the thumb. Let her know whose boss, mate!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to do some ironing for my beloved!!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:18 pm

My missus has always said she'd never ask me to stop watching or playing football because she knows how much it means to me. She said me without football isn't me at all and hence not the person she fell in love with. I'd say tell her how much football means to you and that despite loving her, you also love football, but in a different way!

Say you are really against missing games but state you'll make it up to her in other ways? Just make sure those ways aren't monetary because that could prove very costly! :)

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:36 pm

she has said i got gradually worse and especially since dibs tours got up and running when the rams disbanded.its not just the football its the 15 odd hours around it having pint with mates.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Graeme John & Partners, Solicitors Victoria Square Aberdare, tell them Gwyn sent you. :oops:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

how many you had mate, any gone over football.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm

If we were still at Ninian Park you could do what I did.I told her I wouldnt give up playing or watching but she could come and watch with me to spend more time together.

Now I've got nothing agaist women at football but for me it has to be with the boys.So I picked a Tuesday night in November against someone shit like Colchester,if I remember right.It was freezing cold,pissing down and gale force winds and I took on the Bob Bank Terrace.

Funny enough it has'nt been a problem since.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Fifth wife and the fourth because of football (or was it coz i'm a crap shag, get confused) No during the fourth marriage I started the Rams and it just took over, 100's of a calls a day, meetings everywhere, going to the actual games was the least of my probs.

Older and wiser now, its all a big game and they need constant reassuring that they still are the most important thing in the world.
Mark my words if you gave up football and become a clinger to her apron strings, she's be complaining net that your under her feet and she don't get any space.

Cutting your football in half wont solve anything, reassuring her and a bit more thought about keeping her sweet is the key thing, (hard when your on the lash with the lads and having a ball, don't be afraid to tell the odd white lie, yes it's OK, but I wish I was home watching the X factor with you, I'm getting to old for all this stuff,blah blah blah)

One of my biggest mistakes was going home once with lipstick on my shirt, she noticed it and said "what's this?" and I replied "it's Ok,I just wiped my cock in it" not clever.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

the happiest day of my life was the day i walked down the aisle,i kissed her on the cheek,and pulled the lid down! :lol:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:07 pm

My advice, as a single bloke, would be to keep the faith!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:41 pm

and ive been loving city a lot longer than her,i did say once i wish she would show me the passion cardiff city players do ,but cant say that about the current team,if i was to tell you she shows be about the same amount as that the 2nd half performance by the players