Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I WAS WRONG

Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 pm

I sad DJ would get us to top two and he FAILED.
I also thought he would take us up and FAILED.
I WAS WRONG

In my opinion the arrival of CB39 raised expectations beyond belief including mine. Lets be honest for the first 6 months he had minimal effect and only for the last 3 months we seen the real Bellamy and the others around him were top 6 players but no more.

I will still continue that DJ has only spend £100k on a player this season but he had a good wage bill and credit to him he used it well by bringing in very good players but his management of those players let him down.

I think DJ major strength is building a squad which he has had to do every season because of sales. We all expect a new manager but can he create that quality squad?

If as expected DJ is repalaced then it could mean a positive impact but im much more concerned it will dip the other way. If DJ stays we know we will be pushing for promotion....New manager could mean top 2.....new manager and one or two poor signings and who knows? my head is concerned for a relegation battle.

BTW for those who like to have a dig at Annis I told him I would post a message saying I was wrong and he was right and he said dont, he was hurting like everyone else and it didnt matter. Everyone can have an opinion here :ayatollah: (except Milly :evil: )

I am also happy to take any stick or questions :lol:

Re: I WAS WRONG

Tue May 17, 2011 11:34 pm

I'd just like to take the time to add that Jones' position at the club is now untenable and if we can find a better manager willing to come here then now is as good a time as any.

Good on you 2blue :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Mate, we are all hurting now no matter what our views our.

We've disagreed over the season, but no need for you to post it as Annis said. I respected your view point, even if I didn't agree

Tue May 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Luke, we had totally different Opinions, but We always Respected each others posts. We have our beliefs and sometimes were right/sometimes were wrong, BUT WERE BOTH CITY FANS.

You dont have to Admit anything, WE ALL LOVE CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2blue2handle wrote:I sad DJ would get us to top two and he FAILED.
I WAS WRONG

In my opinion the arrival of CB39 raised expectations beyond belief including mine. Lets be honest for the first 6 months he had minimal effect and only for the last 3 months we seen the real Bellamy and the others around him were top 6 players but no more.

I will still continue that DJ has only spend £100k on a player this season but he had a good wage bill and credit to him he used it well by bringing in very good players but his management of those players let him down.

I think DJ major strength is building a squad which he has had to do every season because of sales. We all expect a new manager but can he create that quality squad?

If as expected DJ is repalaced then it could mean a positive impact but im much more concerned it will dip the other way. If DJ stays we know we will be pushing for promotion....New manager could mean top 2.....new manager and one or two poor signings and who knows? my head is concerned for a relegation battle.

BTW for those who like to have a dig at Annis I told him I would post a message saying I was wrong and he was right and he said dont, he was hurting like everyone else and it didnt matter. Everyone can have an opinion here :ayatollah: (except Milly :evil: )

Fair play to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I WAS WRONG

Fair play. But we need a manager with passion and players that want to play for Cardiff City. We never got that with DJ. If not DJ who would you like to see here Chief ?

Im not saying I want him to stay or go, I just hope if/when he goes they get the right man as it will be a hell of a job now. I know DJ can keep us top 6ish. My worry is a new manager may take us the other way. Talk of Hughton scare the fck out of me

Tue May 17, 2011 11:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im not saying I want him to stay or go, I just hope if/when he goes they get the right man as it will be a hell of a job now. I know DJ can keep us top 6ish. My worry is a new manager may take us the other way. Talk of Hughton scare the fck out of me

Why he took the Toon up 1st attempt :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 pm

YES YOU WERE WRONG BUT DONT WORRY. YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AS WE ALL OUR.

LETS JUST HOPE DJ GETS THE BOOT AND WE CAN SIGN SOME RUTHLESS PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB RATHER THAN THE SPOILT BRATS WE CURRENTLY HAVE. I RECKON WE SHOULD SPEND AROUND £5m in the transfer window all on £500,000 - £100,000 League One, low end championship players who stand out at their current clubs.

Bring in a manager like Hughton who can make them bond and bring them together and sorted.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
I WAS WRONG

Fair play. But we need a manager with passion and players that want to play for Cardiff City. We never got that with DJ. If not DJ who would you like to see here Chief ?

I know people go on about passion but for me thats a sub quantity, far more important things to a manager (althought a nice extra). I like O'Droscoll at Donny as a realistic target but even then im not sure if thats a sideways move....then I struggle to think of names.
We have big Sam talked about.....If people dont like DJ's ego, tactics and attitude they want like his lol

I think some people on here think im just stubborn, harsh and like to argue :lol: but tonight fcking kills me and I do kind of want DJ out (a little) but im scared of the flip side.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm not sure if having DJ at the helm will result in us challenging next year.

So much negativity around the place now that something needs to happen to jolt life back into it.

These were his players
His team
He failed

Won't bring in quality CM's. Loves full backs for some reason. Can't train youth players. Falls out with players then boots them asap. He has positive qualities too and the man has done wonders at this club. But time now for someone else to do the job.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I wouldnt want allardyce or hughton

I'd want warnock, o'neil, walter smith, neil lennon, DAI HUNT or poyet

Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:YES YOU WERE WRONG BUT DONT WORRY. YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AS WE ALL OUR.

LETS JUST HOPE DJ GETS THE BOOT AND WE CAN SIGN SOME RUTHLESS PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB RATHER THAN THE SPOILT BRATS WE CURRENTLY HAVE. I RECKON WE SHOULD SPEND AROUND £5m in the transfer window all on £500,000 - £100,000 League One, low end championship players who stand out at their current clubs.

Bring in a manager like Hughton who can make them bond and bring them together and sorted.

Come on now, Gutierrez alone cost arounf 7-10m odd and was on around 70k a week before we start on the rest of the squad...lets behave a little now.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:47 pm

NEIL LENNON WAS AT THE CCS TONIGHT.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:48 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I wouldnt want allardyce or hughton

Poyet is also someone ive rated for sometimes, the brains behind Wise (like anyone thought he had any :lol: )

Tue May 17, 2011 11:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
jamesbarnett91 wrote:YES YOU WERE WRONG BUT DONT WORRY. YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AS WE ALL OUR.

Come on now, Gutierrez alone cost arounf 7-10m odd and was on around 70k a week before we start on the rest of the squad...lets behave a little now.

SO WHAT? BOTHROYD COULD EASILY BE ON 50,000 NEXT SEASON AND HE'LL STILL BE LAZY.

GUTIERREZ STILL NEEDED A MANAGER FOR MOTIVATION AND GUIDANCE AND STILL NEEDED TO PUT THE EFFORT IN HIMSELF WITH THE REST OF THE SQUAD. STOP LOOKING FOR EXCUSES.

MOST OF OUR TEAM IS INTERNATIONAL OR EX PREM AND THEY STILL COULDN'T DO IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO HUNGER, NO PASSION, NO DESIRE TO ACHIEVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO ATTACHMENT TO THE CLUB.

THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES IS BELLAMY BECAUSE HES A CARDIFF LAD.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:49 pm

We will all still be there next season and forever which ever division we are in. Don't worry about a thing cos every little things gonna be alright.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:54 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

SO WHAT? BOTHROYD COULD EASILY BE ON 50,000 NEXT SEASON AND HE'LL STILL BE LAZY.

GUTIERREZ STILL NEEDED A MANAGER FOR MOTIVATION AND GUIDANCE AND STILL NEEDED TO PUT THE EFFORT IN HIMSELF WITH THE REST OF THE SQUAD. STOP LOOKING FOR EXCUSES.

MOST OF OUR TEAM IS INTERNATIONAL OR EX PREM AND THEY STILL COULDN'T DO IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO HUNGER, NO PASSION, NO DESIRE TO ACHIEVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO ATTACHMENT TO THE CLUB.

THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES IS BELLAMY BECAUSE HES A CARDIFF LAD.

Who is looking for excuses? im not.
Simple fact is the players werent up to it and neither was the manager.

I dont see your point about newcastle thought who were a totally different animal on super huge wages in comparison and full of multi million pound players. If you want to make a point look at Paul Lambert or Warnock who have done well....Hughton just done his job IMO, not a good manager.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:56 pm

I say bring on next season :ayatollah:

I would like to say, well done to all the support who have been to the home games and away games this season!!!!

Its time to rebuild, while some say this has been a disastrous season, I would put forward a different perspective, top 6 finish for the second consecutive season. Time to move on, onward and upwards!!!!

Wed May 18, 2011 3:20 am

TBTH What about crap tactics with squad he had tonight. falling out with players, Ledly, Mathews, Alexander to name but a few. Crap signings this season again Haylor all Keepers, waiting too late to change things and most of all show no emotion what so ever. Time to go rant over

Wed May 18, 2011 5:25 am

I WAS WRONG

just pay for my season ticket for next season and all will be forgotten :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think DJ major strength is building a squad which he has had to do every season because of sales. We all expect a new manager but can he create that quality squad?

Yes, he may be able to build a squad, but as you say his management of the squad is very very poor. Pointless having a brilliant squad on paper who dont quite work as a team due to a lack of management - as we have seen, it gets us nowhere.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:33 am

2blue2handle wrote:
:

In a nutshell I think you've got it right with this point.

He did build a squad, but he couldn't build a team.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:36 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I wouldnt want allardyce or hughton

Neil Lennon comes near Cardiff and I'm out of here! Awful human full stop.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 am

mate, i really respect you for this post but do you really think Jones' transfer record was any good this year? For me this myth that he is a good wheeler and dealer is officially over! The only player he brought in who was any good was Bellamy and that was a no brainer!!! Oli was very hit and miss and then just look at the other players he brought in: Drinkwater, Keogh, Koumas, Naylor, Parkin, JET, JLS, Bywater and Brown!! Think of all the wages we have wasted on that lot!!! Its just not good enough!

Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am

as i am sitting at airport to fly back to belfast i can now say that a change in manager is probably required. this season was easiest if thats possible to go up. we need to choose carefully , the southampton manager, poyet, oneil , warnock are the only ones to consider. lets revamo the squad build around bellamy, get hungry players who want to fight for every ball and hungry.jay can go he has let himself and us down. chopra needs to sort out his addictions. lets get a team who fight and want to win .next two months crucial fir our season ahead.was great to meet loads from board last nite.lets keep the faith

Wed May 18, 2011 11:40 am

I WAS WRONG

dont worry mate so was i :( im sick of being the nearly club!

Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:mate, i really respect you for this post but do you really think Jones' transfer record was any good this year? For me this myth that he is a good wheeler and dealer is officially over! The only player he brought in who was any good was Bellamy and that was a no brainer!!! Oli was very hit and miss and then just look at the other players he brought in: Drinkwater, Keogh, Koumas, Naylor, Parkin, JET, JLS, Bywater and Brown!! Think of all the wages we have wasted on that lot!!! Its just not good enough!

Yeah some poor performances over the season from players he brought in but IMO that was a good squad that didnt live up to expectations, again maybe mismanaged I dont know. He only spent £100k and spent that well. i think just bringing in loans brings its own problems and they are available on loan for a reason.

I didnt agree but everyone has been saying that this is the best squad in the division so he must of got something right.
IF DJ stays then I have no doubt we will be fighting top 6 again, most likely fail at the end.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Very noble of you Luke.

As you know we have been on the opposite ends of the stick over this. I felt very confident that DJ would fail this season. Carl saw it in my face many times. As the season went along that confidence grew but I laid off the argument unlike the bulldog Annis :lol: .

If I have to point to one thing that made me feel this way it would have to be the players DJ brought in. He had 2 stabs at it, one after the embargo was lifted and the other one in January. In my mind these players have been absolutely shocking:

Naylor: First Cardiff player I have heard get cheers when he was substituted.
Koumas: What a waste he has been this season. One dynamic goal does not wash with me.
Keogh: First loanee I have ever seen go out on loan.
Drinkwater: Shame he got injured but has to go doen as a letdown.
Oli: Looked good at first but playing in this league he has come down to its standard.
JET: Cant believe this guy is on Arsenals books.
JLS: Joke.
Bywater: Is he really a keeper.

If we could have got say 3 half decent players from league one to replace those above I reckon we would have done alot better.