Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player end of year dinner

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:16 pm

You know the one they have every year at the end of the season, how do you get a invite? do you have to be "in with the right people" ? Ive never been to one and would like to go, any info would be great :D

Re: Player end of year dinner

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:17 pm

You can buy tickets from the club, same as a football game.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Ben wrote:You know the one they have every year at the end of the season, how do you get a invite? do you have to be "in with the right people" ? Ive never been to one and would like to go, any info would be great :D

Ben, we will have 2 tables from this forum this season, so your welcome on ours.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Are these worth attending? I was always worried that for the cost it wasn't worth it considering the time of year and other financial commitments. It would be pretty good to experience one though.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Zabier wrote:Are these worth attending? I was always worried that for the cost it wasn't worth it considering the time of year and other financial commitments. It would be pretty good to experience one though.

I started going in 1978 till 2003, then they changed big time, Sam invited a lot of non football and wannabies and the players also got big headed.
But I have decided to give it a go again. They were great nights out.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 pm

How much is a ticket?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 pm

i will be up for it mate

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Humphry's wrote:How much is a ticket?

About £45 a ticket, 5 course meal and wine.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:51 pm

10 of us who sit together at ccs have already started to save £2.50 every home game. One of the lads is a bank manager and has opened an account for us. It spreads the cost so we won't miss it in one lump sum come April. We are all looking forward to it and have a sweep on which player could be on our table . See you there Annis.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Maybe you could get Peter Whittingham on your table and shake some consistency into him? Or bully Jay Bothroyd into not falling over as much?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:55 pm

I'd love to go to one of these.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm

How do we sign up to one of the forum tables???