Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones - You Can Say What You Want But...

Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 am

I was one of the ones calling for his head in January. I defended him valiantly until then but when the same old issues cropped up and the same old interviews created the same old statements from him I decided he should go. He has to go now and I think that is the general consensus.

However, no matter how much you want him gone or how long you have wanted him gone, you cannot deny what he has done for this club. Back in the dark days he had his chance to walk but he stayed (before his agent was applying for stuff). He worked under horrible conditions being lied to and screwed over by his chairmen and he's brought some quality players to this club on a minimal budget.

He guided us to Wembley three times and yes, we fell at the final hurdle but we got there and experienced three trips that will stay with me for the rest of my life. He has had his awful moments and he's not been our greatest manager but when he goes I hope we can all look back and agree he was a good manager whose shelf life expired 18 months ago.

Dave Jones, I personally feel you have to go because things have become stale. I do thank you for the good times though and wish you and your family all the best. You've become a part of Cardiff folklore but now it is time for a new era.

Re: Dave Jones - You Can Say What You Want But...

Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 am

This club will not move forward while he remains manager. It's as simple as that. He failed to address massive problems on the field and not just this season. We've had several seasons without a decent goalkeeper. If Lee Naylor was the answer at left back it must have been a stupid question. Apart from KMC no pace at all at the back. A lad who was being touted as a potential £5m player only last season completely frozen out this season and then allowed to move for virtually nothing. Our midfield, with the exception of Bellamy when he played him wide, looks like it's towing a punctured caravan. This was never the best squad in the division. Best strikers? Maybe. Best manager? No way. Tactical dinosaur. If he's not up the road during today I'll be pissed off.