Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lack of midfield creativity

Wed May 18, 2011 9:17 am

One thing that has been plainly obvious is that we have struggled in central midfield, I have said for the last couple of seasons that we need a player of the ilk of Gary O'neil who can dictate the way we awant to play the game, I think this was proven when Rambo had is loan spell with us, if we could have had him for the reminder of the season; I believe we would have had the second spot. On DJ I think he is the best manager we have had in our lifetime, will he stay or will he go? if he goes you need a better replacement, and how many out there will want to come to CCFC? In DJ defence look at the players he had to sell and replace? the majority went to Prem league. SO BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!! :old: :old: :old:

Re: Lack of midfield creativity

Wed May 18, 2011 9:23 am

Not only in midfield but also in defence. Season after season, DJ just can't get it right. It's been a situation little short of shambolic at times [first goal last night for example]. But what do people in "this part of the world" know???

Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 am

Lacking creativity, yes i agree. Personally i'd say we're seriously lacking some steel in midfield. We have a soft centre and it needs sorting asap. We need a couple of no nonsence grafters in there who can win the ball and give it to the better players.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 am

for me midfield has been a problem jones hasn't addressed since he's been here. I keep getting told how good mcphail is in training!! But he's too slow and often a liability on the pitch, especially when opposition got runners. Oli started well but flattered to deceive. Rae is just not good enough. Whitts got all the ability in the world but doesn't use it, and our wingers are too slow and give us no outlet when we're under pressure. Compare this with swansea midfield and i'm sorry i'd take all their midfield instead of ours