Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is the current squad strong enough??

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Right, we now all know that the squad we now have will not be strengthened during January. My question is.. will it be strong enough to get us to the Prem? also, If we fail to reach the Prem will the team be ripped apart come the summer? or will we even lose 1 or 2 during the next few days?

My own opinion is that the current squad can get us to the promised land, but failure to do so will mean the break up of the team, as more wealthy clubs will see us as ripe for asset stripping.

Shit or bust really. The break up of the team could also see the departure of Dave Jones.

Never an easy life supporting the City is it?

Re: Is the current squad strong enough??

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Right, we now all know that the squad we now have will not be strengthened during January. My question is.. will it be strong enough to get us to the Prem? also, If we fail to reach the Prem will the team be ripped apart come the summer? or will we even lose 1 or 2 during the next few days?

My own opinion is that the current squad can get us to the promised land, but failure to do so will mean the break up of the team, as more wealthy clubs will see us as ripe for asset stripping.

Shit or bust really. The break up of the team could also see the departure of Dave Jones.

Never an easy life supporting the City is it?

The team will be ripped apart as from tomorrow, as statement reads "assets will be sold" anyway if we keep all of them the reply is still no.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:38 pm

The question you ought to be asking here is can we "do a Burnley"?

Because that's effectively it. Tiny squad, players trying their utmost for the shirt atm.

However, I think with the strongest front four in the league plus Burke/ Rossco, we can still do well. The emergence of Wildig and the performance of Darcy in his comeback has been a dream for us as centre midfield is where we've been short for two years now.

The league is poor. We're not the best, but we're good enough. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Let's see if we get through the next few days unscathed, then see what we have left. :(

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:44 pm

The statement was put out purposefully to alert other clubs of potential bargains therefore the squad as we know it will be ripped apart like we have been ripped off :evil:

I would imagine enquire's are raining in for Adam matthews....Whittingham....Chopra.......We are fucked only a miracle can save us now and that aint gunna happen:(

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:52 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:The statement was put out purposefully to alert other clubs of potential bargains therefore the squad as we know it will be ripped apart like we have been ripped off :evil:

I would imagine enquire's are raining in for Adam matthews....Whittingham....Chopra.......We are fucked only a miracle can save us now and that aint gunna happen:(

If the last bit of your statement becomes reality then Dave Jones should be fuming as well, his squad decimated just when we were looking good for play offs etc. :evil:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Maybe strong enough, maybe not

But wait untill the asset strippers / vultures have done their worst over the next 4 days