Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones has insulted us & our player!

Wed May 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Adam Matthews.....

An outstanding prospect for the future of Cardiff City Football Club, some may say another Aaron Ramsey, just whithering away on the training ground and on the bench (if he can make that even these days!)

We haven't seen too much of our young starlet over the past season after making a couple of mistakes including an own goal away at Ipswich mid season.

We pleaded and begged for Adam to be given a chance at Cardiff, as the fans could quite clearly see there was a raw talent inside him, Yet once again the reluctancy to blood our youngsters by Dave Jones is causing a big unrest for the future of OUR club.

To put him into yesterdays game for the remaining 10 minutes, when we were 2-0 down in the 2nd leg of a playoff Semi-final was a right piss take for me. I believe (maybe others feel the same) that given the right opportunity and a run of competitive games in his correct position Adam Matthews will come of age, and develop into a very good player for our club.

I felt insulted about this substitution personally, and Im sure Adam is disillusioned as to where he stands right now. As I understood it from news on here - He has signed a pre-contract at Celtic, (can this be changed? I guess so???) because with the amount of loan players returning to parent clubs and Rumours that TG and VT not going to support DJ if here stays here, This is exactly the kind of player and budget we should be sticking to!! Not sending up to the Black Hole up in Scotland where he will disappear for ever!!! Adam loves playing for Cardiff in front of our fans, just as much as Darcey Blake does, So why does Jones want to see him away?

We can not have managers falling out with players just because they made 2 playing errors, this is all part and parcel of learning to play football, and EVERYBODY makes mistakes, just because he made 2 of them in consecutive games, doesn't give Jones the right to start dismantling our youth system and damaging the future of the club.

I hope they work hard to keep Matthews at Cardiff. (maybe you dont agree - but this is MY opinion)

Re: Dave Jones has insulted us & our player!

Wed May 18, 2011 1:54 pm

he's signed a contract, don't think he can get out of that one!!

Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Well if he has gone, then there's nothing we can do, but What the hell was the point in bringing Matthews on for 10 mins for..... At first I didnt even know who it was walking onto the pitch! :o

Wed May 18, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't think he's that good. I would have liked us to keep him though as he is young and Welsh and would make a decent squad player. I hope he does well at Celtic.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Merlin wrote:Well if he has gone, then there's nothing we can do, but What the hell was the point in bringing Matthews on for 10 mins for..... At first I didnt even know who it was walking onto the pitch! :o

still cant understand that decision .

Craig(Merlin) By bringing on Matthews who Jones hounded out and then hardly ever played him All Season, by bringing Mattews on with 10 mins or so to go, when the Match was Totally lost, Jones insulted Matthews/US Fans and Cardiff cIty in My Opinion.

To be honest I just dont think he is good enough certainly not good enough for our first team this season.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Craig(Merlin) By bringing on Matthews who Jones hounded out and then hardly ever played him All Season, by bringing Mattews on with 10 mins or so to go, when the Match was Totally lost, Jones insulted Matthews/US Fans and Cardiff cIty in My Opinion.

^ this. fully agree.

One of the reasons I can't be assed getting all caught up in the club whilst he is still there. He is a virus.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:35 pm

im sure that even though he,s signed a pre contract if the club offered him one before the final date he can accept it ....its only a pre contract hes signed ....im sure if they offered him one he,d stay as he doesnt want to leave.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:39 pm

d20 wrote:im sure that even though he,s signed a pre contract if the club offered him one before the final date he can accept it ....its only a pre contract hes signed ....im sure if they offered him one he,d stay as he doesnt want to leave.

we need jones to go maybe it will happen then.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:45 pm

he has insulted us all season come on the board dont bottle it like he did sack him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
its our club we will always be here its time for a fresh start :ayatollah: :ayatollah: