Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Borley; Can You Honestly Look in the Mirror?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Today changes nothing for me personally, the depth and severity of our financial problems have been here for a long time now and this is actually the first sensible decision Ridsdale and the board have made in not signing players we cannot afford. That it means fans have been lied to, well, we've been told them all along anyway, its just a little more blatant and emotive to the masses this time, but is actually far less important than the prolonged financial incompetence that Ridsdale has practiced during his entire tenure at the club along with the propaganda and deceit that so many have fallen for, to a small degree myself included early on.

What really annoys me is that so many have known what is going on for such a long time, yet all we have been told to do is wait with time we do not have. Thread after thread rightly highlights his rape and pillaging of our club, yet in the next breath says not to do anything about it, don't protest yet, wait for this, wait for that, meaning we have just sat on our hands doing nothing whilst the club falls apart in front of us. For God's sake, we should have been protesting if not for months, certainly weeks, yet we have stood by doing nothing. We have wasted time we do not and did not have, if this finally makes fans stand up and do what we should have been doing all along, then that is a positive, I just hope its not too late. If it is too late, we can crucify Ridsdale all we like with just cause, but I wonder if many of us, the most high profile being Steve Borley, can look himself in the mirror and think did he do what was best for Cardiff City?

Not like me to use expletives when I write, but we've piss arsed about sitting on our hands doing f**k all while letting Ridsdale get away with murder, our spineless, piss poor and almost non-existent reaction to it in my eyes makes us somewhat culpable too for letting it happen for so long without so much as a f*cking murmur. Its about time certain people at the club and us as fans grew a set of bollocks.
Last edited by saladthedragon on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: So Are We Finally Done Talking At Last?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

I would give it this analogy. When teenagers reach puberty their bollox drop into the sac and bobs your uncle. Our fans have at last reached puberty and the sacs have filled and grown - look out Ridsdale beware of Cardiff fans with big bollox.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:46 pm

I just hope its not too little too late.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

I think PR is sitting on his fat wallet laughing !

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 pm

I've read alot about what PR has done and said over the last year. Until today though I dont think there was anything we could have gone to war over him. We can speculate but we cannot attack unless we have concrete evidence. Today we got that evidence.

I was out in the Middle East just before the 1st Gulf War. Saddam sent 100,000 soldiers onto the border of Kuwait. He said it was only an exercise but we all knew what was going to happen. Anyway no one could do anything until he crossed the border. We know what happened. Today as far as I'm concerned PR crossed over the border that he should not have done.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 pm

WE PUT OUR BANNERS UP LAST NIGHT, more than anything anyone else has done.

Re: Borley; Can You Honestly Look in the Mirror?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm truly lost for words at the moment, but if Borley can honestly look in the mirror and say he is doing what is best for the club, well...

I see no way we can get to the end of the season without admin, the assurances from many, Keith (Since62) who I have no shame in admitting is the peron who's view I respect more than any other (Steve Davies is up there too, as are some others), saying he has little or no doubt we will survive I simply do not see. Unless investment comes in, no-one on this board, either individually or collectively has the financial rsources to subsidise the £7m or so we need to get to the end of the season, that's disregarding the £2.7m tax bill of course. Bearing in mind if we make it that far, we will make an operating loss next season of around £10m, and not necessarily below it, how the hell and who the hell is going to ensure we can continue to function with such astronomical and escalating debt?

I don't say this lightly as I appreciate the severity of administration, firstly and most importantly there being no guarantee that we come out of it, secondly the likelihood of relegation and thirdly the years of recovery that will mean where we are now will be but a distant dream, but give me admin, gve me third or even fourth tier football but most importantly, give us a chance to get our club back because frankly, anything is better than the f*cking disaster that this club now is.

Re: Borley; Can You Honestly Look in the Mirror?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm

You are right Ian, before he was in a comfort zone and we the fans would have had the negative press for forcing him out.

Now it’s plain for all to see that yet again he is not competent enough to run a football club, a club that is in huge debt and not generating a profit, yet this wanker of a chairman earns a obscene amount of money.
To cap it all off he then employs his mates and gives them a handsome wage also for doing sod all.

Enough is enough.

p.s Hello Annis, sorry it took me a while to start posting here, work was manic after I returned from holiday.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I've read alot about what PR has done and said over the last year. Until today though I dont think there was anything we could have gone to war over him. We can speculate but we cannot attack unless we have concrete evidence. Today we got that evidence.

I was out in the Middle East just before the 1st Gulf War. Saddam sent 100,000 soldiers onto the border of Kuwait. He said it was only an exercise but we all knew what was going to happen. Anyway no one could do anything until he crossed the border. We know what happened. Today as far as I'm concerned PR crossed over the border that he should not have done.

There was evidence of his incompetence at Leeds and at Barnsley. There was evidence of his incompetence with the Hasselbainke debacle. His forte is lies and spending money that's not there.