Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lets face it...We are just not good enough?

Wed May 18, 2011 4:39 pm

5 loan players, big names, under performers, over paid and a manager that cant get us up in 6 seasons. QPR, one star (cost £1 million) no big time charlies and a hard working manager that takes them from relegation to Champions in 14 months. Norwich quietly going about their business and sneaking up to second. Lets just face it we are not the team we think we are. QPR were light years ahead. Fact.

Re: Lets face it...We are just not good enough?

Wed May 18, 2011 4:41 pm

we failed due a manager whos poor.

YES HES POOR. A manager that cannot motivate a team to come from 1-0 down more throughout his career is poor. His record when going behind is absolutely disgraceful and you can't just blame the players because this record has happened with him managing a different set of players over the seasons.

Then we have spoilt and unpassionate loan players who dont care about the club who know full well they're going back to their parent club in the summer.

We just need passionate low end championship players/league one players who stand out at their clubs, bring them together to form a solid team and then we can move on.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Agreed, but look at other teams built around solid and steady players, no real big stars at Forrest, Reading, QPR (one exception) and Swansea have only Scott Sinclair. When Is DJ going to realise that hard work, graft, passion, commitment and honesty is what gets you out of this league??

Not a Neil Warnock lover but he wouldn't put up with Bothroyd falling on his arse every ten minutes and JET prancing about all dressed up with no-were to go. Reckon Warnock wouldn't take six bloody years to get cardiff up either.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:50 pm

you have also got to remember that everyone else's teams you have mentioned are running on half and maybe 1/4 of what we pay out :cry: makes me sick

Wed May 18, 2011 4:51 pm

after the leeds away game i thought we would be going up as champions...... and if we played like that all season we would have, something went very wrong this season and personally i put that down to dave jones....... :ayatollah: