Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ive got to be honest

Wed May 18, 2011 5:00 pm

I do think Dave Jones is a good manager.

He has taken teams up, hes experienced relegation (does help), and he has taken us this far.

However, I think his time is now up at Cardiff. He did well when he first joined with not much money to toy around with. And obviously he took us to an historic FA cup final, a Play- Off final. Which is an impressive 3 Wembley appearances (FA cup semis) for a championship..but my problem is with Dave Jones is the fact that he gets us there...but cant finish it off. I agree with Jay saying he picks the team and its up the players to get a result on the pitch..to a point...he also needs to sort out the tactics and shite. He has bought decent players over the years...not the best at selling. He also has a good eye for Scottish players. But then again it is also his job to shout tactics, change formation and make tactical substitutions (and injury subs if needed).

If he had the cutting edge and the will power to go all the way then no doubt we'd want a statue of him.

Now I would like to thank Dave Jones for what hes done at the club, the history hes made for the club and improving our league position. If he was to leave, I wish him the best of luck and hope he manages a decent team, I think he deserves it. So thank you Dave Jones for what you've done at this club but I'm sorry I (and many others) think its time for you to leave.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ive got to be honest

Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 pm

No hes not. HIs record when we go 1-0 down is atrocious. A good manager doesn't have a record like that.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Why you being so nice ? Why not say to him f**k OFF you tw*t much easier Sheriff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Why you being so nice ? Why not say to him f**k OFF you tw*t much easier Sheriff :lol: :lol: :lol:

What can I say? I'm a nice guy :D Nah that is my honest OPINION. So anyone who slates me (not saying you are constable) bare in mind its my >>>>OPINION<<<< :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Why you being so nice ? Why not say to him f**k OFF you tw*t much easier Sheriff :lol: :lol: :lol:

^ this.

Its because of DJ I haven't even done my blog yet. The next post is going to be when our new manager comes in and talking about the start of next season with the new players.

DJ and most of the current players are not worth putting in the effort to blog about. They didn't put the effort in so why should I?

Wed May 18, 2011 5:10 pm

If Jones goes we all should be saying thank you Dave for what you have done for the club but he has had a terrible attertude towards the supporters even blaming them for losing in certain games also on certain players not signing for us.

I still think Jones did make us into a good top half championship team and took us to a FA cup final so he has made history but I still think he stayed a season to long.

I also agree that I am too concerned to who will replace him but change is needed and we have to trust the club to do it.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:15 pm

valleyrambill wrote:If Jones goes we all should be saying thank you Dave for what you have done for the club but he has had a terrible attertude towards the supporters even blaming them for losing in certain games also on certain players not signing for us.

I still think Jones did make us into a good top half championship team and took us to a FA cup final so he has made history but I still think he stayed a season to long.

I also agree that I am too concerned to who will replace him but change is needed and we have to trust the club to do it.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Dave Jones; Good in the Market, Shite on the touchline.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Bledd10 wrote:Dave Jones; Good in the Market, Shite on the touchline.

aye i agree...perhaps he could be a scout instead? he'd be a good scout for us imo :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

aye i agree...perhaps he could be a scout instead? he'd be a good scout for us imo :ayatollah:

What would be a ideal is Jones scouting and Di Matteo or Hughton as manager and Bellamy as player/coach we can all drean eyy? ;)

Wed May 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Bledd10 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

What would be a ideal is Jones scouting and Di Matteo or Hughton as manager and Bellamy as player/coach we can all drean eyy? ;)

that could actually work :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 5:24 pm

aye i agree...perhaps he could be a scout instead? he'd be a good scout for us imo :ayatollah:[/quote]
What would be a ideal is Jones scouting and Di Matteo or Hughton as manager and Bellamy as player/coach we can all drean eyy? ;)[/quote]

that could actually work :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]
It could.. but realisticly won't :lol: