Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should cHOPRA STAY ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Michael Chopra POLL

Thu May 19, 2011 12:23 pm

What are everyone's views on him. He wa once idolised by the City faithfull yes he was on massive wages but he clearly loved our club.
Everyone knows about his gambling problems but he has also thrown help back in the faces that have given it to him.
Dave Jones hasn't exactly helped taking him to the races :o But it seems Booze is also a problem and his disresect for us the supporters when he goes out to all night parties ETC the night before games.

What is peoples opinion on him staying or going ?

Re: Michael Chopra POLL

Thu May 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Get rid, used to love him.

but he cant be good for team spirit, you have the likes of kev and others giving there all for cardiff city, and then chops rocks up late, after being in a bookies, late nights out etc. wouldnt go down well with me if i was a team mate.

we are developing a culture here that needs to be stopped and hes the main culprit....

sadly he wont change, hes had all kinds of help in the passed and is still at it. :cry:

Thu May 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Seems to me that we need to bring in a simular player to contend with him also a good manager and coaches to get behind him to build his confidence up.

Chopras whole game revolves around his form so we also need to give him alot of pre season games as we all know he needs to score goals or his confindence drops and then he goes back to the drink...

Thu May 19, 2011 12:29 pm

We've given him more than enough chaances, if he cant be arsed to stay fit i cant be arsed to support him

Thu May 19, 2011 12:32 pm

it summed it up for me when we played forest at home.. i was involved in the academy prize draw at half time.

before we got back into the tunnel he was on his phone already dressed and on his way out of reception.

enough is enough now..he is as guilty as most for ruining this season.

i am still convinced if he hadnt been out the night before barnsley he wouldnt have got injured.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Dazzatim wrote:it summed it up for me when we played forest at home.. i was involved in the academy prize draw at half time.

before we got back into the tunnel he was on his phone already dressed and on his way out of reception.

enough is enough now..he is as guilty as most for ruining this season.

i am still convinced if he hadnt been out the night before barnsley he wouldnt have got injured.

I have said this Chief being out until 4 in the morning it must have contributed to his injury

Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

He will always be remembered for a few good reasons - Swansea 92nd minute winner - crying after losing play off final - (passion) but sadly he can't break away from his bad habits.... If he publicly promises to clean himself up then yea - otherwise - get shot!

Thu May 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I always thought he was a great player now I think he is waste of time I'm not prepared to give im another chance he is a distraction we can do without.

Time for him to move on and we need to go get Earnie at least he is a player who can score goals, looks after himself and more importantly loves the club.

Goodbye Chops :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 3:49 pm

After all the warnings, just couldnt stay away from the flashing lights. He was out night before Derby game in FYEO till 3am and night before Boro game - shocking, get rid.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Like a lot of other personnel at Cardiff City its taxi time for him. You are either part of the problem, or part of the solution, & i think Chopra is & has been a big part of the problems at our club. We must start as we mean to go on!

Thu May 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What are everyone's views on him. He wa once idolised by the City faithfull yes he was on massive wages but he clearly loved our club.
Everyone knows about his gambling problems but he has also thrown help back in the faces that have given it to him.
Dave Jones hasn't exactly helped taking him to the races :o But it seems Booze is also a problem and his disresect for us the supporters when he goes out to all night parties ETC the night before games.

Most frustrating thing of all is he was furious at start of season we wern't bringing anyone in, then when we did he completely derailed, gutted.. a brilliant goalscorer but loves a beer

Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Like a lot of other personnel at Cardiff City its taxi time for him. You are either part of the problem, or part of the solution, & i think Chopra is & has been a big part of the problems at our club. We must start as we mean to go on!

Agree with that, it's now the time for a big clear out...

Thu May 19, 2011 5:16 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:What are everyone's views on him. He wa once idolised by the City faithfull yes he was on massive wages but he clearly loved our club.

Most frustrating thing of all is he was furious at start of season we wern't bringing anyone in, then when we did he completely derailed, gutted.. a brilliant goalscorer but loves a beer

Yes he did didn't he i forgot that

Thu May 19, 2011 5:16 pm

give him another chance under a new manager. if he dont get his act together, get rid.

Thu May 19, 2011 5:17 pm

In a word OUT.How to go from hero to zero.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:07 pm

KEEP CHOPRA NO QUESTION!!!

look at bothroyd, its took him 10 proffesional seasons to score 20 goals in the championship hes jus lazy we can buy league one players who can win us games ,

both mackormack and chopra have scored 20+

chops could sort himself out under a new manager, and he was still suffering a hangover from wembley (in more than one ways) :lol:

bothroyd is going its his fault chopra hasn't hit form

Thu May 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Keep him
2-1 against the Jacks 2010 - he gave me my best birthday present ever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Eradicate the VIRUS before he spreads his poison to others.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Merlin wrote:He will always be remembered for a few good reasons - Swansea 92nd minute winner - crying after losing play off final - (passion) but sadly he can't break away from his bad habits.... If he publicly promises to clean himself up then yea - otherwise - get shot!

Yes, I'd agree with all of that - but it would have to be avery public apology to us all, along with a promise to clean up!

Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

chopra-. get lost. your nights out drinking. and taking others down with you is unexceptable.your a bad egg. :evil:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:33 pm

i'll like to see him be given one last chance, still think he has alot to offer :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:KEEP CHOPRA NO QUESTION!!!

look at bothroyd, its took him 10 proffesional seasons to score 20 goals in the championship hes jus lazy we can buy league one players who can win us games ,

both mackormack and chopra have scored 20+

chops could sort himself out under a new manager, and he was still suffering a hangover from wembley (in more than one ways) :lol:

bothroyd is going its his fault chopra hasn't hit form

Chopra cannot blame anyone bar himself he is an adult not a Kid. He is a mess at the moment and i cant see him changing unless he is given a strict ultimatum and this Club would have to mean it and stand by it. He has been mollycoddled and allowed to get away with murder for to long "Clean up now or move on".

Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Good Question Nukie,and i will be interested with the final result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wonder what the out come would be if this question was asked 30-40 years ago about...Robin Friday :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I Voted give Chops a chance if he get himself sorted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:10 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Question Nukie,and i will be interested with the final result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wonder what the out come would be if this question was asked 30-40 years ago about...Robin Friday :ayatollah:

HMMM another good question Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:48 pm

If you have not voted on this thread,please do so as i would like to know the RESULT :ayatollah:

After at least 6 other players have gone out and put this club to shame...We still get loads of Anti Chops threads.

What i can't understand is if he is not wanted by most on here why are 55 % of people wanting to give him another chance :?:

Good thread this one Nukie :ayatollah: Stand by for the multie usernames to change this result :roll:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Voted give Chops a chance if he get himself sorted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Everyone deserves a chance but if he doesnt appreciate that chance then he should go.
Michael is in a very privelaged position and appears to be abusing it, sort it out Chops!! :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:54 pm

To help someone they need to want that help otherwise its pointless. If Chops came to the powers that be and said i need help and willing to do anything then you have a chance. But i can't see Chops ever doing that

Sat May 21, 2011 11:08 pm

24 hrs later and - "Give him a chance if he gets himself sorted" is still infront :ayatollah:

So why do i see more Anti Chops threads :?: If you have not voted - vote now so we can all see the clearer picture :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:24 hrs later and - "Give him a chance if he gets himself sorted" is still infront :ayatollah:

So why do i see more Anti Chops threads :?: If you have not voted - vote now so we can all see the clearer picture :ayatollah:

Officer Dibble says ignore The top Cat as he's just an alley Cat and vote Chops out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Only Joking Chief :lol: :lol: