Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If you could go back in time !!

Thu May 19, 2011 12:42 pm

What single event would you like to witness ? Maybe it would be a famous Battle or Football related seeing City win the FA Cup back in 1927 or for the English on here watching England win the world Cup.

Mine would be to witness the Battle of Rorke's drift

Re: If you could go back in time !!

Thu May 19, 2011 5:51 pm

To go back to 1961 to see City playing in the top flight, is there anyone on this MB who witnessed it. and what was it like :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:54 pm

go back to the year hitler was born, at the place of his birth when he was just a bout to be born and stomp on his head...that would save alot of lives...may've gone bit over board but it would of saved millions of lives :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:go back to the year hitler was born, at the place of his birth when he was just a bout to be born and stomp on his head...that would save alot of lives...may've gone bit over board but it would of saved millions of lives :ayatollah:

Cracking answer.

Thu May 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I actually remember the 1969 moon landing, but that would be my choice.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:go back to the year hitler was born, at the place of his birth when he was just a bout to be born and stomp on his head...that would save alot of lives...may've gone bit over board but it would of saved millions of lives :ayatollah:

Did you know Hitler was a bit of an inbred Jack?

He was fathered by his mother's uncle :shock: FACT

Thu May 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Did you know Hitler was a bit of an inbred Jack?

He was fathered by his mother's uncle :shock: FACT

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: so what the f**k is/was Bin Laden and George Bush :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Ali - Rumble in the jungle

Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 pm

I'd go back about 30 secs ago and not read this thread because i cant stop thinking about cool stuff to do if i had a time machine :? :? :? :? :?

Thu May 19, 2011 6:22 pm

If I could go back in time it would be to the 25th May 2005 and I well tell Sam Hamman don't listen to Ridsdale he is nothing but a snake in the grass and this miserable fat scouse tw*t he wants to bring in as manager will achieve nothing except to drive all passion out of the club. ;)

Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I'd go back about 30 secs ago and not read this thread because i cant stop thinking about cool stuff to do if i had a time machine :? :? :? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Steve I'd go back to the 1995-96 season the 1.0 win v Leyton Orient you were there also it was a super game and the atmosphere on the bob bank was Brilliant all 4,000 of us. It did piss down with rain which added to the scene. :D

Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 pm

blue nile wrote:To go back to 1961 to see City playing in the top flight, is there anyone on this MB who witnessed it. and what was it like :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I went down a few times with my father when we were in the old 1st Division, I can remember a couple of those games and how I was in awe of the players and the big name teams at the time, also the passion of the crowd, hopefully we will experience those times again.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

nobber wrote:
blue nile wrote:To go back to 1961 to see City playing in the top flight, is there anyone on this MB who witnessed it. and what was it like :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I went down a few times with my father when we were in the old 1st Division, I can remember a couple of those games and how I was in awe of the players and the big name teams at the time, also the passion of the crowd, hopefully we will experience those times again.

Thanks for that nobber, how did the holiday in Greece go after :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Great thanks mate, weather was good and we chilled out, good crack in the nights at the hotel. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:27 pm

nobber wrote:Great thanks mate, weather was good and we chilled out, good crack in the nights at the hotel. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry im childish :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nobber wrote:Great thanks mate, weather was good and we chilled out, good crack in the nights at the hotel. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I meant craic, but there was more than likely some good crack around as well. :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

nobber wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I meant craic, but there was more than likely some good crack around as well. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:22 pm

I said single event that you Witnessed not altering the past :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: come on Sheriff (Bridgend bluebird) Jules we was there so i wouldn't want to see it again :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Come on then !! What historical event would you like to witness even if it to see if the History books were correct.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:39 pm

"Mine would be to witness the Battle of Rorke's drift"

I would have been there as a ZULU CHIEF

Thu May 19, 2011 9:53 pm

pearl harbour mad day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 pm

I have a list, but they all basically centre around living in the 40s/50s haha. Born in the wrong era I think.

Definately would go to an old style 50s diner, like the one in Grease :D
Interested in the history of midwifery so that one'd have to go in there, probably practicing in the East End docks!
I'd be a nurse in a military hospital in the war or a wartime midwife probably
Meet Marilyn Monroe

Yep I was definately born in the wrong era!

Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 pm

" Mohammed Ali ", THE GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME IN MY OPINION, I WOULD OF LOVED TO HAVE SEEN HIM FIGHT LIVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" Mohammed Ali ", THE GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME IN MY OPINION, I WOULD OF LOVED TO HAVE SEEN HIM FIGHT LIVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Annis that is a good one. I also would of loved to have seen Jack Johnson winning the world heavyweight Championship or watched Jack Dempsey fight. Or to of seen the father of Boxing Jack Broughton (f**k me they are all Jacks) Or i would grab a load of Jacks (again :lol: ) and take them back to the time they ran some Kids into the Sea and show them what the last generation of inbreds had done :o