Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HELP WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Non footie question. Business colleague of mine who is into watching men play with funny shaped balls is going to the Millenium Stadium this weekend to watch the Heineken Cup Final. He is looking for somewhere to park whereby he can get out of the city as quickly as possible, can anybody give me some info on where best for him to park, is the CCS car parks used for such an event for example?

Re: HELP WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Hadfield Road up on the pavement. Then walk to the Millenium Stadium.

Thu May 19, 2011 2:41 pm

DWQPR wrote:Non footie question. Business colleague of mine who is into watching men play with funny shaped balls is going to the Millenium Stadium this weekend to watch the Heineken Cup Final. He is looking for somewhere to park whereby he can get out of the city as quickly as possible, can anybody give me some info on where best for him to park, is the CCS car parks used for such an event for example?

Park in Canton and bus it into City centre is the best bet.

Thu May 19, 2011 2:43 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:Hadfield Road up on the pavement. Then walk to the Millenium Stadium.

Thats in the industrial estate behind the CCS isn't it? Could he then get a train from Ninian Station to the MS?

Thu May 19, 2011 2:55 pm

He could try the long term car park behind the railway station, about 5 minutes walk from the stadium and not usually too busy, it costs about £6 to park all day.

Thu May 19, 2011 2:57 pm

DWQPR wrote:
jamesbarnett91 wrote:Hadfield Road up on the pavement. Then walk to the Millenium Stadium.

Thats in the industrial estate behind the CCS isn't it? Could he then get a train from Ninian Station to the MS?

No mate and he could be booked or clamped.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:06 pm

[quote="DWQPR"]Non footie question. Business colleague of mine who is into watching men play with funny shaped balls is going to the Millenium Stadium this weekend to watch the Heineken Cup Final. He is looking for somewhere to park whereby he can get out of the city as quickly as possible, can anybody give me some info on where best for him to park, is the CCS car parks used for such an event for example?[/

I'd park at the rear of central train station. East to get to & get out !! Hadfield road as said is a no go lots of city fans have got tickets there.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:07 pm

County Hall Cardiff Bay, Park and Ride service I think it cost a fiver.............. :D

Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Best place of all is Tindal street ,then 10min walk to the game, then he can drive out the back roads that will take him right onto the m4.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:12 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
DWQPR wrote:

No mate and he could be booked or clamped.

How? He's right. You can park on the pavement by the industrial estate. I've parked there with no issues as the police never go down there. Theres also a few turnings off Hadfield road I've parked down without a problem. Obviously if you park on Hadfield Road up on the side you're going to get booked as its littered with coppers. Anyone who parks there deserves to get booked for being so dumb. Out of view is the best place. There are more than enough turnings off Hadfield Rd.
Last edited by Bloobirds101 on Thu May 19, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Thats in the industrial estate behind the CCS isn't it? Could he then get a train from Ninian Station to the MS?[/quote]

No mate and he could be booked or clamped.[/quote]

How? He's right. You can park on the pavement by the industrial estate. I've parked there with no issues as the police never go down there.[/quote]

I suppose so and especially for the egg, he could get the train into town from Grangetown station then.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:16 pm

What about either on Llandaff Road or in the car park round the back of Llandaff Road?

Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Defo Canton it isnt far to walk if you park the rhe right side. And then a quick exit after the game :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 pm

DWQPR wrote:What about either on Llandaff Road or in the car park round the back of Llandaff Road?

If being close to the stadium is a must then definitely Canton but they may find it a struggle getting out after the game as that is the first place all the alco's go.

Otherwise, look around the Leckwith area. Theres a turning opposite the CCS that usually has a lot of cars down but as its the rugby and quite a walk away, I doubt many will park down there on the day. Best to park there and walk in my opinion.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:24 pm

DWQPR wrote:What about either on Llandaff Road or in the car park round the back of Llandaff Road?

You cannot park on Llandaff Road but you should be ok on the streets off it such as Glynne St or Carmarthen St, it's 50/50 resident parking. You can also try the car park you are on about but the ones behind Cowbridge Rd do get busy on a Sat. It's about a 20 min walk to the stadium. No probs getting out to the M4 after either.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:46 pm

You can park on hadfield road without getting booked, it's easy really, just don't park on double yellow lines! As for parking in the city centre, there's an open air car park not far from the CIA, £5 for 24 hours

Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 pm

llandaf fields carpark only 10min walk and free :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:09 pm

He should park on city road/richmond in one of the side street, then he can go straight up newport road and onto the M4 or head eastwards towards the fly over :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Park opposite HMP cardiff in the new open car park. £5 for 24 hours. it's on the east side of town and 10 minutes walk to the ground. After the game, head for A48 back to Newport then M4 and home.
The question is "how can he be a mate if he watches that f*cking egg chasing shit" LOL

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:13 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Best place of all is Tindal street ,then 10min walk to the game, then he can drive out the back roads that will take him right onto the m4.

QPR,

That's Tyndall Street. My office is there. Good call. 10 minute walk from the stadium and then you can drive to the end of the street where there's a link road to the M4. Good escape route. Only problem is, there's a lot of work going on there at the moment, so there's limited parking on the street. Definitely worth a try, though, if he's there early. If he wants a postcode for the sat nav, try CF10 4PP or CF10 4GY or CF10 4YT - one of them should do the trick - failing that, look up the eTap hotel or Novotel as they're both on that street.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Theres always the park and ride on the A48 M, shouldnt be a problem for the bus getting back out using the bus lane then its only 2 mins from the M4.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:20 pm

park and ride pentwyn :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Tell him to park down the bay in the carpark for the cinema complex, then taxi it only 5mins into town. job done :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 pm

welshdougie wrote:park and ride pentwyn :ayatollah:

Yes that is a good place to park, it is on the eastern avenue A48, cost £3 per car, coming out it is a straight road to London.
click on the link below for post code or map.

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.asp?n ... 65&id=9163

Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 pm

CCS is one of the park and rides when theres not a match there too.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:24 pm

park under the flyover. 'dragon rescue' (means nothing to you i know) its by the CCS. a mate of mine works there you can park there no issues, and its straight on the m4 from there.
if you are stuck drop me a PM :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am

f*cking rugby :twisted: :twisted: fucked my weekend up :twisted:

Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am

f*cking rugby :twisted: :twisted: fucked my weekend up :twisted: