Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I couldn't beleive what i was hearing.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm

On the way home to the Rhondda on a bus from Cardiff earlier today. There was 3 lads about 16-17. 2 of the lads wearing Cardiff Shirt,Baseball caps and a bloke about 40 talking about Cardiff Citys Failiers,dave jones,atmosther at the CCS,ect this season. So 1 lad said to the other 3 when are you renewing your season tickets for next year. Then the older guy said i am waiting to see if swansea get promoted first and the other lads said we were thinking about that if they get promoted we can watch premiership football next season. :evil:

I was f*cking tamping :evil: talk about fickle fans as they got off the bus i shouted "JUDAS". Only to be told by my misses to shut up. How the f**k can you change the team you support.

Re: I couldn't beleive what i was hearing.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Outrageous and unnatural :shock:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I was asked the same thing in work today ie will you support swansea now to watch premier foot ball most of my reply is unprintable i never watch football unless it involves cardiff city full stop nothing else interests me.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:44 pm

loyal supporters!!! :roll: :roll:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm

:ayatollah: how could they......i support 91 teams cardiff ' and any other team playing swansea

Thu May 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I like the part where you waited for them to get off the bus before shouting at them! :lol: did you have to squash your nose and mouth through one of those letterbox type windows too to make sure you were heard!!! :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:43 pm

f**k em.

I was asked by a bloke in work today if I was supporting Swansea in the final. I said 'no way. Never.'
He said ' thats disguisting, you should support a Welsh team in a final.'

'Nah,' I said, 'I couldnt.'

then I asked him 'by the way who do you support?
'Liverpool' he said.

ffs
:roll: :roll: :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm

griff105 wrote:f**k em.

I was asked by a bloke in work today if I was supporting Swansea in the final. I said 'no way. Never.'
He said ' thats disguisting, you should support a Welsh team in a final.'

'Nah,' I said, 'I couldnt.'

then I asked him 'by the way who do you support?
'Liverpool' he said.

ffs
:roll: :roll: :lol:

you seem suprised :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:46 pm

f**k me . The day I support Swansea is the day I die!

Thu May 19, 2011 5:54 pm

alot of people are gonna become swansea fans. its shocking and wrong but thats welsh people for you.

i think if they go up to the prem we wont be far behind and we wil both consolidate and be rangers and celtics answer to wales

Thu May 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Unfortunately many will support the jacks if they get up and especially from the valleys

Thu May 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Bluesince92 wrote:Unfortunately many will support the jacks if they get up and especially from the valleys

Why, Especially from the Valleys?????????????? could you explain your statement.....The Valleys have a Massive city following. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:48 pm

bollocks to em. I like being the underdog. If I see someone in a swansea kit that was once in a city kit im punching them. NQAT.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Never never never, regardless of what division we are playing in I will always follow Cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 pm

IF the swans go up - then they will flock from far and wide all over west and north west wales! I deliver round there and most of them are plastic premier team fans! You bump into the occasional Swans fans but half of them dont even go to the library stadium!

Thu May 19, 2011 7:35 pm

I won't be supporting them, Cardiff City is my club and always will be. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Any kent who even contemplates this is best rid of anyway :x

Thu May 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Any kent who even contemplates this is best rid of anyway :x

Thu May 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Marc wrote:
Bluesince92 wrote:Unfortunately many will support the jacks if they get up and especially from the valleys

Why, Especially from the Valleys?????????????? could you explain your statement.....The Valleys have a Massive city following. :ayatollah:

because it happened last time in 81

Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Marc wrote:

Totally agree with u re valleys with massive city following. Lots of older loyal supporters. I'm from Merthyr and there has been a rapid increase in people who are new to watching city since we av become successful but my opinion is they'll start to follow Swansea because they will be in the prem.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 pm

f**k em...... pure and simple.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Bluesince92 wrote:
Marc wrote:

Totally agree with u re valleys with massive city following. Lots of older loyal supporters. I'm from Merthyr and there has been a rapid increase in people who are new to watching city since we av become successful but my opinion is they'll start to follow Swansea because they will be in the prem.

there are jacks in most valleys, ask them when they started following i bet most will say toshack days
if the jacks go up it will happen again
bad clouds are looming :cry:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 pm

I know people who only ever go because their kids want to go. These same kids are going to want to watch the likes of man u, Chelsea and arsenal and the parents will feel they got no loyalty to city and give the kids what they want. So if the jacks go up we'll also lose this type of fan in my opinion.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Merlin wrote:I like the part where you waited for them to get off the bus before shouting at them! :lol: did you have to squash your nose and mouth through one of those letterbox type windows too to make sure you were heard!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Marc wrote:

Unfortunately, where I live (Aberdare) is deep set into the valleys...and I'm surrounded by bloody Jacks - including my family, and my postman who when I answered the door with my city shirt on today told me to burn my shirt, brandishing his jack tattoo in my face.
Eurghhhh

Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

littlebluebird wrote:
Marc wrote:

Unfortunately, where I live (Aberdare) is deep set into the valleys...and I'm surrounded by bloody Jacks - including my family, and my postman who when I answered the door with my city shirt on today told me to burn my shirt, brandishing his jack tattoo in my face.
Eurghhhh

You should of shoved his head through your bloody letter box Chief

Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Bluesince92 wrote:Totally agree with u re valleys with massive city following. Lots of older loyal supporters. I'm from Merthyr and there has been a rapid increase in people who are new to watching city since we av become successful but my opinion is they'll start to follow Swansea because they will be in the prem.

bad clouds are looming :cry:

No they're not cos the cunts aren't going up.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 am

Ever since I started seeing my girlfriend about 4 years ago I've been on a campaign up in Merthyr to spread the gospel of Cardiff. Her family are all Liverpool fans and her brother is a Man Utd fan. Now her brother doesn't really pay attention to Man Utd and is keen to come and watch more Cardiff games. However, the rest of her family are still Liverpool. My efforts will continue!

I can kind of understand why people in places like Merthyr don't support Cardiff but why not support Merthyr??? Yes, they are shit, but they're your club.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:01 am

I am and always will be a Cardiff City fan, but if Swansea get promoted it will be strange watching them play.
For instance, say the Swans are at the the bridge playing Chelsea and there are thousands of Welshman singing Land of my Fathers at the top of their voices. For me it would be hard not to support the Welshmen, even though it is disgraceful and wrong. Aghhhhh shoot me now!!

Fri May 20, 2011 9:50 am

An example of this come from our fellow eggchasing/peanut hugging fans.

When I was in the Cornwall pub when the Jerks were in the play offs against Barnsley at the Millenium stadium the ones who usually slag off Cardiff were saying 'up the Jacks' I said 'COME ON BARNSLEY' you could guess they said ' you should back them they are Welsh sport' I said 'football is a different world to rugby, which is why they should hate the Ospreys not back them' obivously they thought I was igorant and all that blah blah blah... anyhow Trundle fucks up his pen :D

An Irish guy also said he backs Munster and also Leinster(whatever they are called) I just don't understand their backwards support.