Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " TO THOSE WHO SAID I WAS WRONG REGARDING GETTING "

Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm sorry but no way did Burke demand £25k. He's way too honest and down to earth to make such a request. Bothroyd, maybe!

I don't understand why we don't start discussing player contracts when they have two years left. It makes sense.

Steven Davies, Even I dont agree with that, steve you must have it wrong. Burke is on less than £10,000 a week and No way would he demand £25,000 a week, WHO WOULD GIVE HIM THAT and I JUST CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD ASK THAT, I Have met him on numerous occasions Hmm, Sorry I dont believe it.

i dont believe it either. how people can slag burke off when hes given his all for us and against reading home he caused loads of problems for them. he put in crosses but as usual the corner flag hugger bothroyd wasnt in the box :twisted:

Burke Gives 110% every time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Burke hasn't been crap this season he's just had a difficult one. I think he has suffered most from Bellamy coming here. He does play on the left and he does play on the right as the infamous song goes but when Bellamy's fit Whitts has been preferred to Burke. Meaning that Burke has had sizeable spells on the bench then out of nowhere when Bellamy is unfit Burke has been expected to come in and perform 110%

I think Burke/Koumas/Gypes/Quinn/probably everyone would have had a better season had we had a reserve team in place. Players like Koumas could have been playing on a weekly basis without the risk of chucking them in the first team deep end. Likewise with Burke, while sitting on the bench for 2-3 games at a time he could have been putting in a 60 min shift in the reserve team on a Weds afternoon.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm sorry but no way did Burke demand £25k. He's way too honest and down to earth to make such a request. Bothroyd, maybe!

I don't understand why we don't start discussing player contracts when they have two years left. It makes sense.

Steven Davies, Even I dont agree with that, steve you must have it wrong. Burke is on less than £10,000 a week and No way would he demand £25,000 a week, WHO WOULD GIVE HIM THAT and I JUST CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD ASK THAT, I Have met him on numerous occasions Hmm, Sorry I dont believe it.

annis thats the exact amount his agent asked for and thats why negotiations have stopped.
for to long this club has paid over the top wages to mediocre players so going back to the start of the season would you after the season burke had just had not expect to be paid considerably more than the likes of hudson.
with hudson on 15k its feasible that burke's agent asked for 25k but thought it might get knocked down to 20k.
also when he hears that at one stage we were going to pay nick montgomery 28k a week until common sense prevailed wouldent you ask for the type of money he has.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 am

Steve,

Dont you think that its about time that there should be a wage cap in place in the championship and div1,2 they do it in rugby league and it seems to be working well

There again you will always have someone like Bosman sticking their nose in

Fri May 20, 2011 6:43 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:ANNIS you miss the fundamental point with this post!

you cannot and will not get a player to sign that has no intention of signing as he has been persuaded by his money grabbing agent that he is worth way more than he is, our club cannot commit to silly wages for the future that is why these players such as JAY were only offered minimal increases to their already good contract offers, as the malaysians no we need to cut wages drastically this season, hence why big offers weren;t made

simple as that!

I'd agree with this, but the pointvis we shouldn't be getting to these situations. We should be adding one year extensions to the contracts when they have say 2 years left. That's a stage when they probably aren't even thinking about leaving, and therefore probably won't be asking for crazy wages.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:59 am

Can you blame Jay then if there are other players at the club on double and more than what he is on and he is the focal point of our play , top scorer and now an England international ?

Maybe this where the loan policy failed this season with loanees coming in on more money than some of our contract players and upsetting the dressing room ?

Fri May 20, 2011 8:25 am

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Who's going to want Burke after the season he's just had though ?

Would love him to stay - doesn't he want to ? What's the current situation regarding him ?

I rate Burke, he would love to stay and might once Jones has gone. :ayatollah:

annis burke wants 25k a week and to me thats a ridiculous amount of money and there is better out there than him for those wages

There's probably better out there on lesser wages. Burke has'nt put a shift in for ages.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:14 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:Steve,

Dont you think that its about time that there should be a wage cap in place in the championship and div1,2 they do it in rugby league and it seems to be working well

There again you will always have someone like Bosman sticking their nose in

baz

i think this club needs to set its own wage cap to start getting rid of some of the debt.
with the amount of decent quality players that are being released by premier and championship clubs i dont see why we cant achieve this

Fri May 20, 2011 3:40 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Who's going to want Burke after the season he's just had though ?

Would love him to stay - doesn't he want to ? What's the current situation regarding him ?

I rate Burke, he would love to stay and might once Jones has gone. :ayatollah:

annis burke wants 25k a week and to me thats a ridiculous amount of money and there is better out there than him for those wages

That would be joke wages for a lightweight winger who rarely gets past his man to the byeline and gets a good cross in. As for his shooting! Compare him to the swansea and reading wide men and see what wages they were on.