Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TO THOSE WHO SAID I WAS WRONG REGARDING GETTING "

Thu May 19, 2011 5:50 pm

" TO THOSE WHO SAID I WAS WRONG REGARDING GETTING OUR PLAYERS SIGNED UP LAST AUGUST and SEPTEMBER "

We have now lost Chris Burke(unless we can now persuade him other wise), Adam Matthews and Jay Bothroyd . In my opinion Talent worth about 5 to £8 Million(others might have a different opinion), I was told whats my problem by many, DJ will sign them up later in the season lol . Over the last few seasons we have lost Quality players like Ledley and Alexandra etc etc through incompetence or not looking at City's future in my opinion.

Any comments ?

Re: " TO THOSE WHO SAID I WAS WRONG REGARDING GETTING "

Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Who's going to want Burke after the season he's just had though ?

Would love him to stay - doesn't he want to ? What's the current situation regarding him ?

Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Burke & Mathews will be a loss but i don't think Bothroyd will be.He's been awful for the last few months & i personally would be glad to see the back of him.

Thu May 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Who's going to want Burke after the season he's just had though ?

Would love him to stay - doesn't he want to ? What's the current situation regarding him ?

I rate Burke, he would love to stay and might once Jones has gone. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:53 pm

When Di Matteo comes in he'll keep some of our talented lads :D I reckon King Kev will stay with cardiff and may even be club captain (depending on Bellamy, i.e if he comes player/coach, a different captain should be named :ayatollah: )

Thu May 19, 2011 6:28 pm

maybe they didnt want to sign new contracts.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:When Di Matteo comes in he'll keep some of our talented lads :D I reckon King Kev will stay with cardiff and may even be club captain (depending on Bellamy, i.e if he comes player/coach, a different captain should be named :ayatollah: )

I think you love di matteo :oops:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:32 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:When Di Matteo comes in he'll keep some of our talented lads :D I reckon King Kev will stay with cardiff and may even be club captain (depending on Bellamy, i.e if he comes player/coach, a different captain should be named :ayatollah: )

I think you love di matteo :oops:

i do i got posters of him all over my room and his name tattooed to my arse :lol: :lol: nah im just hoping he comes in..so before that happens im gonna try and brainwash as many of you lot into wanting him in :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Well he can only put it forward to the board annis who he wants to keep if they dont offer what they want they will not sign i doubt it very much and as much as i hate DJ or any other manager at any club its not as if he didnt do nothing about trying to sign the players up surely the board/owners know whos going and staying contract wise so what did they do about it f**k ALL obviously as there GONE so it says it all really. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" TO THOSE WHO SAID I WAS WRONG REGARDING GETTING OUR PLAYERS SIGNED UP LAST AUGUST and SEPTEMBER "

We have now lost Chris Burke(unless we can now persuade him other wise), Adam Matthews and Jay Bothroyd . In my opinion Talent worth about 5 to £8 Million(others might have a different opinion), I was told whats my problem by many, DJ will sign them up later in the season lol . Over the last few seasons we have lost Quality players like Ledley and Alexandra etc etc through incompetence or not looking at City's future in my opinion.
Any comments ?

Spot on

Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Who's going to want Burke after the season he's just had though ?

Yer I think burke is good , but he has gone down a little in the last few months. He was in tears Tuesday night after the game.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:56 pm

DJ could still sign them up.for West Ham :old:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

annis burke wants 25k a week and to me thats a ridiculous amount of money and there is better out there than him for those wages

Thu May 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Have they offered him a contract then ? I bloody hope they have ! :lol:

Also, has he actually had any offers ?

Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Maybe they didn't wanna sign? DJ would've got even more stick if he'd sold them and there weren't any replacements around!

Thu May 19, 2011 7:19 pm

It will be great for a new manager to start with a clean slate get rid of all the dead wood. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Burke was poor last 6 games jay is a waste of space

Thu May 19, 2011 7:27 pm

[quote="ccfcbluebird1963"]Very well done annis on getting something correct.
I love how your quick off the mark to tell everyone you were wright.
But what happened to Dave Jones selling his house ? Oh Yeh you were wrong and it got deleted of the forum as soon as people found out. How pathetic
Your quick enough to slate dj when he dont admit he is wrong. I think you need to take a look in the mirror your almost as bad as him ![/quo

:o

Thu May 19, 2011 8:41 pm

IMO Jay was never going to sign a contarct until we knew what league we were in.
Burke if as said wants 25k then let him go.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:44 pm

25K :o :o :o

In all fairness, no wonder he was crying if that is indeed the case (joke, before anyone gets offended)

Far too much money

Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 pm

ANNIS you miss the fundamental point with this post!

you cannot and will not get a player to sign that has no intention of signing as he has been persuaded by his money grabbing agent that he is worth way more than he is, our club cannot commit to silly wages for the future that is why these players such as JAY were only offered minimal increases to their already good contract offers, as the malaysians no we need to cut wages drastically this season, hence why big offers weren;t made

simple as that!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:46 pm

I spoke to him at the awards and he seemed keen to stay, very keen.
At 25k tho it's a no.
A jack in work old me they have a 8k cap? Now I'm not suggesting that but a 15k one wouldn't be a bad idea

Thu May 19, 2011 8:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I spoke to him at the awards and he seemed keen to stay, very keen.
At 25k tho it's a no.
A jack in work old me they have a 8k cap? Now I'm not suggesting that but a 15k one wouldn't be a bad idea

he wanted 25k?!? feeeeecking hell mun..so bye bye burke? :cry:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Pratley's contract is running out, and nobody is slating Rogers for that

this problem happens to all clubs, big and small - it doesn't take a genius to say at the start of the seaosn that we should get these players signed up, that's obvious to anyone

But when players just point blank say "no" what can you do? you either drop them (and get slated for bad management), or you play them and hope they do the business until their contract runs out.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Ledley's agent has got alot to do with it.
He advised Joe not to sign a new deal
so he got get a big signing n check.
The same applys to jay.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm sorry but no way did Burke demand £25k. He's way too honest and down to earth to make such a request. Bothroyd, maybe!

I don't understand why we don't start discussing player contracts when they have two years left. It makes sense.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 pm

the only thing that would have convinced these players to re-sign was if the salary offer was attractive
we allegedly know from earlier in the season that jay's offer was upped from 7k to 8k? is that true?
if so thats why he's out of contract - if we'd paid him 10k a week more we'd be out another 200K but would own an asset that we could now sell on - who knows teh extra money might have even motivated him to get us up..... this thread certainly has some substance to it :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 pm

people in this thread are talking as if this problem only affects Cardiff City

All clubs face the same problem - this isn't the thing we should be worried about.

We should be more concerned that throwoing money at things seems to bbe the first answer to all problems and that despite spending all the cash we seem to have ended up with a hoofball philsophy and a side that looks second rate compared to others who have spent a fraction of our budget

Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm sorry but no way did Burke demand £25k. He's way too honest and down to earth to make such a request. Bothroyd, maybe!

I don't understand why we don't start discussing player contracts when they have two years left. It makes sense.

Steven Davies, Even I dont agree with that, steve you must have it wrong. Burke is on less than £10,000 a week and No way would he demand £25,000 a week, WHO WOULD GIVE HIM THAT and I JUST CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD ASK THAT, I Have met him on numerous occasions Hmm, Sorry I dont believe it.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm sorry but no way did Burke demand £25k. He's way too honest and down to earth to make such a request. Bothroyd, maybe!

Steven Davies, Even I dont agree with that, steve you must have it wrong. Burke is on less than £10,000 a week and No way would he demand £25,000 a week, WHO WOULD GIVE HIM THAT and I JUST CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD ASK THAT, I Have met him on numerous occasions Hmm, Sorry I dont believe it.

i dont believe it either. how people can slag burke off when hes given his all for us and against reading home he caused loads of problems for them. he put in crosses but as usual the corner flag hugger bothroyd wasnt in the box :twisted:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i dont believe it either. how people can slag burke off when hes given his all for us and against reading home he caused loads of problems for them. he put in crosses but as usual the corner flag hugger bothroyd wasnt in the box :twisted:

Burke Gives 110% every time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: