Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHOPRA OUT??? HAVE YOU ALL GONE CRAZY!!!?!?

Thu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

SEASONS OVER NOW , BOTHROYD IS AVAILABLE HE PROBABLY GOING...
CHOPRA HAS HAD A BAD SEASON HE'S BEEN DRINKING ALSO SO HAVE OTHER PLAYERS .

WERE TALKING ABOUT A PLAYER WHO WAS TOP SCORER IN THE LEAGUE AND WON US ALOT OF POINTS PREVIOUS SEASONS!
HE'S BEEN LEFT OUT AND PLAYED OUT OF POSITION , IF WE LOOK WHAT HAPPEND WITH CHOPRA AT SUNDERLAND AND NEWCASTLE ITS THE SAME STORY.
GIVE HIM MINUTES HE WILL GIVE YOU GOALS,
NOT EVERY PLAYER HAS SUBLIME ABILITY TO RETAIN FORM AND FITNESS IF THEY ARENT PLAYING AS MUCH.

NEXT SEASON HE COULD BE OUR BEST PLAYER, APART FROM CRAIG, IF WE SELL HIM IN THE SUMMER WE COULD SPIRAL DOWNWARDS .
HOWEVER IF WE KEEP CHOPRA UNTIL DECEMBER AND HES PLAYING WEEKN IN WEEK OUT, I HAVE 100% CONFIDENCE THAT HE WILL REGAIN FORM AND BE TOP SCORER HES A CONFIDENCE PLAYER AND ENJOYS HIS FOOTBALL ALOT MORE WHEN HE'S BANGING THEM IN AND NOT GETTING CALLED A FAT c**t AND A WASTE OF SPACE BY FANS ON MESSAGE FORUMS

KEEP THE FAITH LADS, HE'S GOT ALOT OF ABILITY AND POTENTIALLY FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF SEASON HE WILL BE HITTING20+ GOALS

Re: CHOPRA OUT??? HAVE YOU ALL GONE CRAZY!!!?!?

Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 pm

CHOPRA ON HIS DAY COULD STILL BE A £5 MILL PLAYER and the RIGHT MANAGER BEHIND HIM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Everytime there's a booze scandal he is involved, just different other players everytime....that tells me he is the constant bad egg bringing the others down..........remember he has already previous for drinking the night before a game and DJ let him off! We need to get rid now before other clubs realize what a selfish pissed up gambling loser he is!

goodbye chops, go and pollute some other fuckers club!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CHOPRA ON HIS DAY COULD STILL BE A £5 MILL PLAYER and the RIGHT MANAGER BEHIND HIM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bill Shankly once famously said Never sign a player for whom you use the phrase "On his day".

Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 pm

agreed annis :ayatollah: ,

there have been times this season on many occasionans where appart from bellamy chopra's looked the next most lively player on the pitch and had we not had bellamy this season I think he will still of been one of our most important players
definately most lively

Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm

MOST LIVELY!!!! must have put a bet on himself to score that match!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Chopra is letting himself down on a regular basis and I think it has got to a stage where it isn't going to change so yes we know he has it in him to score loads of goals but can we really say he wants to put the hard miles in during training.

I don't think so time for him to have a new start somewhere else and we should bring back Earnie. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Chops is good when he is on form, But twice, not once, but twice he has gone out knowing we had big games to come.
If the guy thinks more about a glass in his hand than the ball in the net, I would say bye bye to him,
The club must come first !

Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Chopra has been on the piss on numerous occcasions.

J Lloyd Samuel rightly gets stick; Chops less so.

If he can't grasp he's a professional footballer - that applies to others as well - then he's becoming a liability.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 pm

its gotta be the gambling I see him in ladbrookes a few days a week and I use to only be in there half hour, yet always seen him ther

addiction for gambling it effects training , everything, it happened to me, give up boxing and i lost pretty much all my motivation cos i was either depressed losing money or buzzing out spending money missing sessions and drinking .

he could find a new mrs in the summer and settle down sort himself out :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Unless he goes to rehab this summer I want him out! In his current state he is a cancer on the club!! Used to be one of my favourite players but on and off the pitch he has disgraced himself this season and in my world all those players who were in the piss before the boro game should go!

Thu May 19, 2011 7:27 pm

The problem obviously lies with the discipline in the club and the respect for the team, players and manager.....

If they are getting away with it left, right and center - then the problem will continue - until the source of the problem is Tackled - DAVE JONES!

Maybe I would consider giving chops a second chance once I find out who and when some one new is taking over the club?

Thu May 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm just about in favour of keeping him.

In his first spell he was excellent but seems to go on runs of games where he'll score regularly and then long barren spells where he just doesn't look like scoring.

Needs to work hard on his fitness. Could not believe how out of shape he's looked at the end of the season.

Needs to work on his game too. Put the ball in front of Chops running in on goal and he can be lethal. Pass it to him with his back to goal and his first touch is shocking, his passing is poor and he cannot beat a man.

Needs far more consistency to his game but his limitations have been there for a long time now. Also needs to curb his off field activities and stop heading back to Newcastle every weekend on the first plane out!

But he's given us some great memories. Hat-tricks against Leicester and Plymouth, four goals against Derby ( Bywater must have really impressed Jones in that game. :lol: Well spotted Dave!), the play off final and of course the winner against the JB's last season.

We want the old Chopra back. His challenge is to show us that he can get back to what he used to be.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CHOPRA ON HIS DAY COULD STILL BE A £5 MILL PLAYER and the RIGHT MANAGER BEHIND HIM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

on my day I could be a £5m player.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Chops is good when he is on form, But twice, not once, but twice he has gone out knowing we had big games to come.
If the guy thinks more about a glass in his hand than the ball in the net, I would say bye bye to him,
The club must come first !

Spot on :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Chopra has let himself down this season.... i like the guy and hope he gets his act together during the break and cones back next season the player we know he can be :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:32 pm

No player is bigger than the club get rid before hes worth FA in transfer fee.He has a history of scoring loads then going 10 games or more without a goal He is a bad example to any young player.If you want to be a professional footballer AT LEAST BE PROFESSIONAL. on and off the pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Time stands still for no one, Chopra has been good for us, but time moves on, next season hopefully will be a fresh start with new players who are hungry and dedicated to our football team and not dedicated to a good night on the booze, I dont think Chopra can get back to his best now and that is a shame because he was a very good finisher, he would have to really work hard through the summer and i dont think he has the hunger now,

Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:

on my day I could be a £5m player.

NO SERIOUS, GET THE RIGHT MANAGER to CONTROL CHOPS and HE CAN STILL BE A GREAT PLAYER, WITH ALL HIS FAULTS IN THE PAST, Just My strong opinion.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Some good points made on this thread about your views on Chops,for and against keeping or going.

Most will know that I have said that this has been a stop - start season for Chops,and his mind has been elsewhere.

Can't defend what has happened off the field,but on the pitch with a fresh start and maybe a new manager we will see the player we saw in Chops the first season he was here.

When it comes to playing football,i will always back Chops.I hope he stays just to see who is right and wrong in 12 months time.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Top Cat, You know how upset I am by Chops off the field antics, But I Truly believe under the right manager he could still be Great :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Top Cat, You know how upset I am by Chops off the field antics, But I Truly believe under the right manager he could still be Great :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Do Know Annis , and I DO RESPECT your views and others on here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: