Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An Example Of How Down The Fans Are

Thu May 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Simon ( Neath Punk ) many know him and see him at City games has made the decision not to renew his season ticket and will not be attending any more City games until Dave Jones has gone.

Simon has attended the City games since 1971 and has seen some dire times but this illustrates how bad some of the fans are really feeling.

Re: An Example Of How Down The Fans Are

Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 pm

It will be a kick in the teeth if hes still here next season!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:07 pm

I know how he feels but he needs to change his mind.

It would be a travesty if fans who beeen going years give up their seats now and then if we did go up next season they were
unable to get them again.

I know loads who toyed with the idea of not getting one, going to fewer home games to get a bit more cash to go away instead but I managed to talk them round.. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Im as down as the next man.....but i support ccfc not dave jones, ill be there if riddler came back with david hasselhoff as the new manager

Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

im not actually as down..im already looking forward to yet another turbalent season :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 pm

I've already renewed my season ticket, but would feel so bad if he was still here in August, that I would seriously consider not attending until Jones goes - that would be bad, but at least I wouldn't have lost my seat and wouldn't have to go through another year of getting into the top few places for most of the year, knowing that we were going to foul it up as soon as a pressure game came along.

Do you think that I'm disloyal for thinking this, or is that a reasonable way to think/act?

Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Im as down as the next man.....but i support ccfc not dave jones, ill be there if riddler came back with david hasselhoff as the new manager

That could work................ :?

Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Thats a shame carl,dave jones has to go soon surely? He better still do aways games :lol: (only kiddin - hurry up and fuckin go jonesy)

Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Whats worrying is that of the 18000 who bought ST's this year, how many of them will turn up week in week out, now we are in the championship AGAIN!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

i ask you again,do you still think the sun shines out of dave jones arse carl?

Thu May 19, 2011 8:42 pm

darboy wrote:i ask you again,do you still think the sun shines out of dave jones arse carl?

What's the point? Carl, even in his support of DJ earlier in the season, was always 'gracious'.

Others on here are for more deserving of your wrath, if you must. We are all hurting on here, so I don't think it would be fair of you.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:42 pm

How can a club so big rack in such low attendances.. I know its not great but other big clubs will probably average more than 20,000 next term.
sunderland would never let it happen.

we need a miracle we dont need to splash loads but we need a lucky formula, its purely a gamble until season starts

Thu May 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Its his loss ill support the city whoevers in charge :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:44 pm

bluecyw wrote:Its his loss ill support the city whoevers in charge :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Same here Carl. I renewed but I'm not taking my seat if he's in charge, my brother feels same. We've seen all the shite over the years same as everyone else but I don't think I've ever felt as frustrated and emotionally drained as the last couple of seasons, its not just the last fantastic failure. Can't face anymore with him in charge. Finished me. Never thought I'd say it.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:02 pm

As soon as Jones goes, it will be like a huge cloud has lifted. Slowly but surely fans will start to get positive again. Yes we are all down at the moment, but very soon we'll things will get positive again.
Strangely I don't feel as down as after the Blackpool game. We knew what was coming

Thu May 19, 2011 9:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:Simon ( Neath Punk ) many know him and see him at City games has made the decision not to renew his season ticket and will not be attending any more City games until Dave Jones has gone.

Simon has attended the City games since 1971 and has seen some dire times but this illustrates how bad some of the fans are really feeling.

Doesn't make sense he has seen many worse teams and managers ???

He will be gone by tomorrow though according to most anyway..........

Thu May 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Simon ( Neath Punk ) many know him and see him at City games has made the decision not to renew his season ticket and will not be attending any more City games until Dave Jones has gone.

Doesn't make sense he has seen many worse teams and managers ???

He will be gone by tomorrow though according to most anyway..........

mark, i disagree... i started watching city with my dad when we were f*cking about in division 3.
those days i knew no one i sat there had a burger and loved it. the players gave there all, and i could not wait for the next time my dad took me down.
this season i have rarely if ever looked forward to a home game, and the crack with lads when i go away has saved most aways.
im fed up of seeing players f*cking strolling about who earn money that i can only dream of and it makes me sick. writing there shit on twitter, disrespectful cunts especailly that lanky streak of piss from london!!thinking there f*cking gods gift!! well f**k um, i know how neath punk feels!!!
i will never stop following the city, but by f**k there needs to be some serious changes, Da ve Jones is going, but if something unreal happens and he stays, then hel get the riddler treatment il be around to that grandstand :lol:
wasnt picking on you mark, i just had to have a rant :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:53 pm

i dont think you can be a TRUE fan if youd stop coming to watch your club based on who was in charge

id still never miss a game if it was a gorilla in charge

Thu May 19, 2011 10:00 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

i dont think you can be a TRUE fan if youd stop coming to watch your club based on who was in charge

It's not really for you to say who is a true fan and who isn't though is it.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Claire wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

ok i'll re-word that... based on that somebody would stop coming to watch matches because of who's in charge, i personally, do not believe that that is the action of a true fan

Thu May 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm Cardiff City till i die!!!!!! Once a bluebird, Always a Bluebird!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 10:19 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:I'm Cardiff City till i die!!!!!! Once a bluebird, Always a Bluebird!!!!!

:ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:i dont think you can be a TRUE fan if youd stop coming to watch your club based on who was in charge

ok i'll re-word that... based on that somebody would stop coming to watch matches because of who's in charge, i personally, do not believe that that is the action of a true fan[/quote]

As I am very good friends with Simon, how on earth can you say that he's not a true fan..? This is a man who last season continued to watch City during absolute great personal tragedy (something you will NEVER experience) and you have the nerve not to call him a true fan. I tell you what mate, why don't you pop to Neath and say that to his face rather than hiding behind a P.C :evil:[/quote]
i didnt say him personally, i said, people who stop coming to games based on who's in charge arent TRUE fans, taking nothing else into account

just a general observation, that's all

Thu May 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Midfield general wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:i dont think you can be a TRUE fan if youd stop coming to watch your club based on who was in charge

ok i'll re-word that... based on that somebody would stop coming to watch matches because of who's in charge, i personally, do not believe that that is the action of a true fan[/quote]

As I am very good friends with Simon, how on earth can you say that he's not a true fan..? This is a man who last season continued to watch City during absolute great personal tragedy (something you will NEVER experience) and you have the nerve not to call him a true fan. I tell you what mate, why don't you pop to Neath and say that to his face rather than hiding behind a P.C :evil:[/quote]
Mate, we are agreeing too much.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:As I am very good friends with Simon, how on earth can you say that he's not a true fan..? This is a man who last season continued to watch City during absolute great personal tragedy (something you will NEVER experience) and you have the nerve not to call him a true fan. I tell you what mate, why don't you pop to Neath and say that to his face rather than hiding behind a P.C :evil:

i didnt say him personally, i said, people who stop coming to games based on who's in charge arent TRUE fans, taking nothing else into account

just a general observation, that's all

Yeah, well you know where you can stick that general observation of yours :evil: Carl started this topic because he had a conversation with Simon and Simon give his opinion. I understand if you don't agree with Simon's opinion but to call him or others like him not true fans because of their opinion is complete rubbish.[/quote]
i just think fans should always go and support their club no matter what thatss all, i think you overreacted a tad

no manager being in charge could ever stop me going home and away

Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Im as down as the next man.....but i support ccfc

This unless Sam comes back.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:25 am

I'm still very raw and angry but even though I have renewed, and I've been going regular since 1985, I will seriously consider not going until jones has gone and plenty of my friends and family are saying the same! These are not newbies but hardcore fans who are sick of jones disrespecting our club! I agree that up until tios season he had done a fair job but no one can disagree that he has never bought into the ethos of Cardiff city, it's obvious he doesn't love the club or it's fans! Evidenced by him scarpering down the tunnel on tuesday without acknowledging the fans! I get absolute no enjoyment going down to the ground when he is our manager, everything about the bloke infuriates me, if I keep going with him there I think I'll give myself a heart attack!!

Fri May 20, 2011 3:28 am

same here if jones is here at the start of the season im selling mine. i wont watch gutless clueless shit under him again..
ive seen rubbish games since the 80s but even our not so good players made up for it with fight and passion.
i understand we cant win every game and there will be some shock results but under jones its gutless. :evil:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:How can a club so big rack in such low attendances.. I know its not great but other big clubs will probably average more than 20,000 next term.
sunderland would never let it happen.

we need a miracle we dont need to splash loads but we need a lucky formula, its purely a gamble until season starts

We've averaged over 23000 this year and with over 18000 season tickets sold already will probably average around that again next season with a reasonable performance from the team. More than the Jacks will get even if they are in the Premier League.