Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This surprised me !!

Thu May 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Right on the door step to the CCS on the 5 a side pitches is the Arsenal school of excellence. My mate takes his Boy there and he is a mad City fan. I asked him why didn't he take him to a City one and he said there wasn't one for him to go to. He said it is top notch coaching and his Boy is loving it. So why are City not spotting 7 year olds why are Arsenal running these courses right on our doorstep.
My mates Boy sounds a fantastic prospect and he could get his break but not with the City but you cant blame my mate we would all do the same in his position but why isn't our Club doing stuff like Arsenal and its all happening in our back yard :evil:

Re: This surprised me !!

Thu May 19, 2011 9:41 pm

There are a lot of 'Arsenal' youth coaches operating in the valleys too - in caerphilly I know of a few. They have soccer schools and camps, they bring them to the arsenal library stadium, and of course any talent gets snapped up.

They seem to have a good youth scouting setup in place.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Reason being scouts from Cardiff are missing out big time on 7 to 14 yr olds was at a tournament last weekend and the only scout there was from Bristol City.
I seen him pick out at least 4 boys why are we not out there looking at local tallent.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:54 pm

another reason to bring back Sam i say. We reaped the rewards for years after what is coming through now. The main work being done for the youngsters now is being done by the supporters. Disgraceful

Thu May 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:another reason to bring back Sam i say. We reaped the rewards for years after what is coming through now. The main work being done for the youngsters now is being done by the supporters. Disgraceful

It shocks me how much it has seemed to have deteriorated, despite the marked improvement on facilities now available to our club and youth football. All a bit chaotic and not very reciprical

Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 am

i take my local under 7 team and we had to call cardiff and get them to watch our 2 best players they have development centres before they get to the academy but rarely vallys kids get in there but they are watching them on monday night
last year we called swansea and they came straight up and had 2-3 of our players as they didnt come up the vallys aswell

Fri May 20, 2011 8:41 am

Nuclearblue wrote:another reason to bring back Sam i say. We reaped the rewards for years after what is coming through now. The main work being done for the youngsters now is being done by the supporters. Disgraceful

Im sure Sam has his eye on Scott's young guns and their progress dont worry ?