Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" We live in a part of the world... That old chestnut! "

Thu May 19, 2011 10:24 pm

"We live in a part of the world where people always think they can do a better job."

As said by Dave Jones after the frankly shambolic performance at home to Reading this week.

Seriously.... how does he think he has a right to say this? Anyone can do a better job - his only acheivement in the past few years is stagnancy frankly (which really isn't an acheivement at all).

What are your thoughts on his obvious confidence in his non-obvious ability?

Re: We live in a part of the world... That old chestnut!

Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 pm

littlebluebird wrote:"We live in a part of the world where people always think they can do a better job."

As said by Dave Jones after the frankly shambolic performance at home to Reading this week.

Seriously.... how does he think he has a right to say this? Anyone can do a better job - his only acheivement in the past few years is stagnancy frankly (which really isn't an acheivement at all).

that his confidence in his obvious ability is backed up by the fantastic long term job he's done in providing us with a stable club, challenging for promotion every year, despite the state of the club financially when he took over

his failure this year... and failure is exactly what it is... does not make him a bad manager in my opinion, just means weve failed for one season in all of which hes been here to reach the heights we should have

i cant stand his attitude sometimes, towards the local media and derby games, BUT i think he's done a brilliant job, overall

Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
littlebluebird wrote:"We live in a part of the world where people always think they can do a better job."

that his confidence in his obvious ability is backed up by the fantastic long term job he's done in providing us with a stable club, challenging for promotion every year, despite the state of the club financially when he took over

his failure this year... and failure is exactly what it is... does not make him a bad manager in my opinion, just means weve failed for one season in all of which hes been here to reach the heights we should have

i cant stand his attitude sometimes, towards the local media and derby games, BUT i think he's done a brilliant job, overall

But his teams historically Chief always fails at the last. And how many times has he lost the dressing room and players have to be shipped out ?

Thu May 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Failed massively however - we really were expected with a team like we have to have gone up in the automatic playoff group if not run away with the league...
It was his poor management (biggest part being continuing to play Naylor when he clearly wasn't doing well at all, causing us to concede goals left right and centre) that lost us vital points which could have made a huge difference.
He also made some stupid changes at the Swansea home game which started a horrible run and lost the team's confidence.
Oh yeah, and playing Bywater has been a great disaster as has been seen in recent games, he actually doesn't know how to be a goalkeeper I don't think...
So overall I think he's done an awful job as manager this season and has FAILED to do his job, i.e. after last year we would be expected to do a lot better than we have done.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:39 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Scott, DJ's comments were not professional and at the end of the day, even you have to admit this and are yet to do so, Dave Jones Failed to do what he promised Promotion, so therefore he will be leaving as a Nearly man, A manager who could never get over that final hurdle at Cardiff City, No matter how much money he had.

Scott, Even Carl Curtis who was his BIGGEST FAN, Was Carl was man enough to Admit DAVE JONES FAILED AFTER 6 YEARS.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Scott, DJ's comments were not professional and at the end of the day, even you have to admit this and are yet to do so, Dave Jones Failed to do what he promised Promotion, so therefore he will be leaving as a Nearly man, A manager who could never get over that final hurdle at Cardiff City, No matter how much money he had.

I agree Annis - he just can't finish the job.

And he's rubbish publicly - i.e. to the fans and to the media, he hasn't got a clue with public relations.

Re: " We live in a part of the world... That old chestnut! "

Thu May 19, 2011 10:44 pm

LittleBluebird

I agree Annis - he just can't finish the job.

And he's rubbish publicly - i.e. to the fans and to the media, he hasn't got a clue with public relations.[/quote]

DJ's Public relations were an Absolute Shambles and it all came back to haunt him big time.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Not the mark of a good manager at all!

Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Scott, Even Carl Curtis who was his BIGGEST FAN, Was Carl was man enough to Admit DAVE JONES FAILED AFTER 6 YEARS.

i admit he failed this year annis, and i admit he is often childish with his comments

but i will always stick by that he has done a fantastic overall job for this club

Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Regardless of whether he's overall done a good job or not, a line has to be drawn somewhere and I don't think he can go any further - he can't finish the job clearly as seen by the past few seasons.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 pm

i admit he failed this year annis, and i admit he is often childish with his comments

but i will always stick by that he has done a fantastic overall job for this club
scott_w_ccfc

Fair enough Scott, I dont agree, But I Respect your opinion/belief. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 5:58 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I agree with this spot on IMO

Fri May 20, 2011 11:15 am

I disagree