Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the last act of a vengeful and spiteful chairman

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm

it is my belief that this statement put out by our chairman has been done in a vengeful and spiteful manner to destabilise the club because he has been unsuccesful in attracting investment to the club and is aware that other directors and shareholders have been working flat out seperate to him to secure the clubs immediate future.

it is no coincidence that both the malaysians and now it would seem ben steele are reluctant to do buisness with our chairman.
The malaysians we know were misled over the tax issue by the chairman and that ended any trust between themselves and our chairman.

we can safely assume that either ben steele was a last desperate measure by the chairman or in fact having done his due diligence and realising how much money he would have had to put in to just keep the club afloat ran a mile.

these money issue's are not new to the club because we now have the chairman once again referring to an over spend on the fitting out of the stadium despite his own statement last june declaring the stadium on time and on budget.

If these issue's were apparent back then and the tax issue and non payment of stadium contractors was becoming a problem for the club why did the chairman take a stadium completion bonus why did he employ another stadium manager and press officer when he should have been looking to cut costs at all levels.

This man should never have been allowed back into a football club or at the helm of any business because he seems incapable of running a business to a budget and lacks the needed integrity and honesty to deal with his customers.(season ticket scam as an example).

I still believe that we have people out there who are willing to invest in our club but not while this man is at the helm. the sooner we have an EGM the better as the shareholders will then be able to remove this man from our club if he still has the audacity not to resign by that time.

this is why i am convinced that today our chairman realised once and for all that he is not going to bring anything to the table but a certain director and major shareholder are going to be able to quite soon.

this is why i believe he released this statement behind other board members and shareholders backs as a vindictive response to finding out he was being frozen out by other investors.

i truly believe that steve borley and paul guy will find the investment needed to stabilise this club in the next few weeks but this statement issued today was designed to put them in the awkward position they now find themselves.

any infighting now could well deter the potential investors so i see nothing more than a discreet silence coming from other board members and shareholders until a way is found to remove this unwanted chairman from our club preferably before an EGM.

People can have their own idea's on demonstrations but i think we should be very careful in the way we go about it. i think we should be supporting the team and the manager who are doing a magnificant job under the current circumstances and treating the chairman as a seperate issue to be villified by fans until he realises he is not wanted here

Re: the last act of a vengeful and spiteful chairman

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Excellent post, rational, realistic with a hint a positivity!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Why dont steve borley and paul guy call for a egm NOW

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:05 pm

spot on could not agree more .we want that man gone

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:05 pm

This 'fit out' thing seems garbage to me.

about 18 months ago in a meeting with them, PR and Flitcroft were talking about a potential overspend, but it was fairly minor, stuff like the undersoil heating and some civls, offices etc.. they were talking about £5m being needed, but hoping the catering, bar companies would stump up a significant amount toward this through the contracts.

Is he saying they budgeted f-all, Compass paid f-all and we also had a £2m overspend, or... did Compass pay a substantial amount and the fitting out cost that + the budgeted amount + £7m overspend.

Very smelly

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Steve that is an excellent post and one I believe to be the exact truth as to what I am told is happening at club and whats going on behind the scenes.

One question I do have Steve is, what would you like to see happening, in regards to demonstrations, would you have one or not and how would you think the fans should be heard ?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Great post Steve as usual, spot on..

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:Steve that is an excellent post and one I believe to be the exact truth as to what I am told is happening at club and whats going on behind the scenes.

One question I do have Steve is, what would you like to see happening, in regards to demonstrations, would you have one or not and how would you think the fans should be heard ?

carl i run this by annis earlier on

i reckon all in the ground for 2.30 and protest against ridsdale
as soon as the team run out 100% support for the team even if things go wrong 100% support.
half time on ridsdales case
second half support the team and dave jones as in first half
full time back on ridsdales case.

that way i think we support the team and dont upset our potential investors because lets face it if they had any time for the waster they would have invested by now

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Fantastic post Steve, coupled with Annis' post re Steve Borley not being party to the 'statement' I believe your view is highly likely to be a spot on summary of where we are at.

I for one cannot wait to hear the TRUE STORY once our chairman has moved (or been moved) on.....Sure it'll make our toes curl :? :?

Peter

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:26 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Steve that is an excellent post and one I believe to be the exact truth as to what I am told is happening at club and whats going on behind the scenes.

as soon as the team run out 100% support for the team even if things go wrong 100% support.

that way i think we support the team and dont upset our potential investors because lets face it if they had any time for the waster they would have invested by now

This

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:46 pm

steve davies wrote:

Worry i would have about that scenario is that the players are out from about 2.15 warming up so will become involved in any pre match protest.
Any protest should be at half time and immediately after final whistle.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 pm

You make some good points steve. I'm very suspect about Steele. From what I've heard he just wanted a lads weekend. It's clear now that ridsdales position is untenable. He and his mates ae a barrier to
an investor coming in and the road for ridders and co isngoing to get rockier. I would not at all be surprised if ridsdale resigned and his crew soon followed.

At the moment we have a sum total of f**k
all in the pot. HVing a board of takers that no one will deal with is killing ourclub. Having a board that consists of genuine people with the club at heart might just attract an investor to our club.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 pm

m4morris wrote:You make some good points steve. I'm very suspect about Steele. From what I've heard he just wanted a lads weekend. It's clear now that ridsdales position is untenable. He and his mates ae a barrier to
an investor coming in and the road for ridders and co isngoing to get rockier. I would not at all be surprised if ridsdale resigned and his crew soon followed.

all in the pot. HVing a board of takers that no one will deal with is killing ourclub. Having a board that consists of genuine people with the club at heart might just attract an investor to our club.

mike

i kid you not steele gave marital problems as his excuse for not being able to come up with the money

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 pm

steve davies wrote:
m4morris wrote:You make some good points steve. I'm very suspect about Steele. From what I've heard he just wanted a lads weekend. It's clear now that ridsdales position is untenable. He and his mates ae a barrier to

mike

i kid you not steele gave marital problems as his excuse for not being able to come up with the money

I would imagine that his wife said she would divorce him if he invested in us and would take him for a pretty penny in the settlement. She probably knows heisaWalter mitty character!!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 pm

steve davies wrote:

mike

I know how he feels. My wife gave me all sorts of grief just before christmas when i told her I was paying £329 for next years season ticket so my club could buy some new players in january....

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:08 pm

steve davies wrote:

mike

based on what i've heard about his efforts in kiwi's he wasn't bothered about having a wife.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 pm

m4morris wrote:
steve davies wrote:

mike

based on what i've heard about his efforts in kiwi's he wasn't bothered about having a wife.

these f*cking men there all the same im glad i never settled down with one :lol:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Mike could you sort out a poll similar to the one ive just started on your board ? Cheers mate if you could.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 am

steve davies wrote:it is my belief that this statement put out by our chairman has been done in a vengeful and spiteful manner to destabilise the club because he has been unsuccesful in attracting investment to the club and is aware that other directors and shareholders have been working flat out seperate to him to secure the clubs immediate future.

it is no coincidence that both the malaysians and now it would seem ben steele are reluctant to do buisness with our chairman.
The malaysians we know were misled over the tax issue by the chairman and that ended any trust between themselves and our chairman.

we can safely assume that either ben steele was a last desperate measure by the chairman or in fact having done his due diligence and realising how much money he would have had to put in to just keep the club afloat ran a mile.

these money issue's are not new to the club because we now have the chairman once again referring to an over spend on the fitting out of the stadium despite his own statement last june declaring the stadium on time and on budget.

If these issue's were apparent back then and the tax issue and non payment of stadium contractors was becoming a problem for the club why did the chairman take a stadium completion bonus why did he employ another stadium manager and press officer when he should have been looking to cut costs at all levels.

This man should never have been allowed back into a football club or at the helm of any business because he seems incapable of running a business to a budget and lacks the needed integrity and honesty to deal with his customers.(season ticket scam as an example).

I still believe that we have people out there who are willing to invest in our club but not while this man is at the helm. the sooner we have an EGM the better as the shareholders will then be able to remove this man from our club if he still has the audacity not to resign by that time.

this is why i am convinced that today our chairman realised once and for all that he is not going to bring anything to the table but a certain director and major shareholder are going to be able to quite soon.

this is why i believe he released this statement behind other board members and shareholders backs as a vindictive response to finding out he was being frozen out by other investors.

i truly believe that steve borley and paul guy will find the investment needed to stabilise this club in the next few weeks but this statement issued today was designed to put them in the awkward position they now find themselves.

any infighting now could well deter the potential investors so i see nothing more than a discreet silence coming from other board members and shareholders until a way is found to remove this unwanted chairman from our club preferably before an EGM.

People can have their own idea's on demonstrations but i think we should be very careful in the way we go about it. i think we should be supporting the team and the manager who are doing a magnificant job under the current circumstances and treating the chairman as a seperate issue to be villified by fans until he realises he is not wanted here

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

lets hope at 2pm that the title of this thread was correct ;)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 pm

steve davies wrote:lets hope at 2pm that the title of this thread was correct ;)

Yup, if it is, i demand you be made a mystic "moderator" meg!

:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm

fingers crossed Steve

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Level 432 of the waiting game begins......

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:13 pm

I used to like them ....LEVEL 432...saw them in the Top Rank :lol:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 pm

kavanagh wrote:I used to like them ....LEVEL 432...saw them in the Top Rank :lol:

talking about level 42 here's one for our chairman

" and i suppose your leaving us now" :mrgreen: