Heaton
Blake
Gerrard
Spurr
Montgomery
Driver
Evans
Earnshaw

Aint gonna happen of course but something to aim for over the barren footyless summer :ayatollah:

Re: A CCFC team for 11/12?

Fri May 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Throw in Neil Danns, Nathan Tyson, and Glenn Loovens and I'd be happy with that

Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

If you've got a spare £8m! :D

Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

throw in messi and a few other world class players to some funny threads going up now the season has ended :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Unfortunately, as one of the best players down here in recent years, I don't think Gabbidon offers anything over Gerard. I'd rather have Gerard in than Gabbs

Fri May 20, 2011 1:46 pm

I would love to see this side (realistically) next year: -

-------------------------------------Lonergan----------------------------------

McNaughton------------Hudson-------------Gerrard------------Bertrand

------------------------------------Olifinjana-------------------------------

McGugan---------------------------Bullard-------------------------Bellamy

-----------------Earnshaw-----------------------Mackail-Smith------------

Bench:
Heaton
Quinn
Gerrard
Burke
Whittingam
Parkin
Gradel

I think these would be well within the price range for us.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I don't think I'd want either Olofinjana or Gradel anywhere near our club

Fri May 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I don't think I'd want either Olofinjana or Gradel anywhere near our club

Really??

Why not?

I think Oli showed real promise when he started here - just Jones let him get to lazy, needs a good boot up his back-side, a new manager would do this.

Gradel - Fantastic winger, great speed (IMO Better than Burke) just needs to improve in the final 3rd (again good coaching staff (Like Bellamy) would help him with this).

Please explain your reasons though :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 1:58 pm

droopy wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I don't think I'd want either Olofinjana or Gradel anywhere near our club

Really??

Why not?

I think Oli showed real promise when he started here - just Jones let him get to lazy, needs a good boot up his back-side, a new manager would do this.

Gradel - Fantastic winger, great speed (IMO Better than Burke) just needs to improve in the final 3rd (again good coaching staff (Like Bellamy) would help him with this).

No worries, here's why:

Oli was shocking towards the end of the season. He is paid to impose himself on games but he failed to do that. He shouldn't be dropping off then waiting for the boss to give him a rocket, he should be professional enough to do it himself.

Gradel, I do realise he's got a great scoring record this season, but for me he's to easy to wind up. Another Leon Knight IMO

Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm

---------------------------------Sorensen (out of contract)-------------------------

McNaughton-----Gabbidon (out of contract)------Hudson/Keinan-----Bertrand(loan)

--------------------------------------Olofinjana----------------------------------------

Tyson (out of contract)-----------McFadden (out of contract)------------Bellamy

------------------Earnshaw/Chopra---------Jason Roberts (out of contract)---------

Subs:
Heaton
Quinn
Blake
Parkin
McPhail
Burke
+ the players left out above

no big transfer fees :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
droopy wrote:

Really??

Why not?

No worries, here's why:

Oli was shocking towards the end of the season. He is paid to impose himself on games but he failed to do that. He shouldn't be dropping off then waiting for the boss to give him a rocket, he should be professional enough to do it himself.

Gradel, I do realise he's got a great scoring record this season, but for me he's to easy to wind up. Another Leon Knight IMO

I do agree with you re: Oli. He has been very poor towards the end of the season, just can't help but think there is something there lol. Just want him to show the promise he did at the start of the season.

Gradel - I have seen exactly what your on about but I truly believe that may just be a bit of fire in his belly and there is nothing I love more than a bit of passion. But you are right he can lose his cool a bit (very minor thing though for a talent like his) it would not stop me signing him if the fee/wages were right?

Fri May 20, 2011 2:16 pm

blooobirds wrote:---------------------------------Sorensen (out of contract)-------------------------

--------------------------------------Olofinjana----------------------------------------

------------------Earnshaw/Chopra---------Jason Roberts (out of contract)---------

Subs:
Heaton
Quinn
Blake
Parkin
McPhail
Burke

Love the look of this side, the only thing is after seeing Gerrard playing for Hull this season, I can't help but feel if he brings that sort of form back here he will be better than gabbidon.

Also, I do think Earnie would do a better job than chops.

Would you give Blake a run at left back if we didn't get a really good Left Back in in the Window?

Fri May 20, 2011 2:16 pm

blooobirds wrote:---------------------------------Sorensen (out of contract)-------------------------

Subs:
Heaton
Quinn
Blake
Parkin
McPhail
Burke

Love the look of this side, the only thing is after seeing Gerrard playing for Hull this season, I can't help but feel if he brings that sort of form back here he will be better than gabbidon.

Would you give Blake a run at left back if we didn't get a really good Left Back in in the Window?

Fri May 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Once a new manager comes in and if he decides he wants to keep oli, just stick him in front of the back four and we'll have a gem. Too many times this season he's been playing too high up the pitch which isn't his natural position. Break up the play and simple passes :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:21 pm

blooobirds wrote:Once a new manager comes in and if he decides he wants to keep oli, just stick him in front of the back four and we'll have a gem. Too many times this season he's been playing too high up the pitch which isn't his natural position. Break up the play and simple passes :ayatollah:

Agreed! :ayatollah:

Would love to see Oli playing CDM - I do see him more of a "Mascherano" type player than a "Carrick" type player. Please excuse the Premier League / EX-Premier League references.

Fri May 20, 2011 2:22 pm

droopy wrote:

Subs:
Heaton
Quinn
Blake
Parkin
McPhail
Burke

Gerrard or Olofinjana will be the choice the new manager has and it's a difficult one. As for Blake hopefully next season he has alot more chances to prove his worth, rate him highly :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:27 pm

blooobirds wrote:
droopy wrote:

Subs:
Heaton
Quinn
Blake
Parkin
McPhail
Burke

Gerrard or Olofinjana will be the choice the new manager has and it's a difficult one. As for Blake hopefully next season he has alot more chances to prove his worth, rate him highly :ayatollah:

Agreed again! At the end of the season (and in the swansea match ecspecially), Blake looked fantastic - good on the ball, nice touches, not afraid to take people on. If we had a winger who could cover at the back aswell as go forward on Blake's side I think we would do really well. I think if Bellamy is still here next year I would play Blake on the same side as Bellers (as we know he will track back).

On the Oli/Gerrard Situation: - Why did you say Oli or Gerrard? Dont you think we could have both or do you think Hull will say "Well if we can't have Gerrard you can't have Oli"? :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 pm

-------------------Westwood-------------------

Super Kev ----- Hudson ----- Keinan -----Bertrand (buy him, £1.5m?)

Burkey ------ Norris --------- Bullard -------- Bellamy

Mackail-Smith -------Earnie

Bench:
Heaton
Gerrard
Quinn
Whittingham
Buckley
Grant Mcann (Pete'boro)
Ibrahim Farah

Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Team for next season will be as follows so lets all get real as we have the players currently undercontract already and a load of freebies its not as if the owners spent big money this year gone bar loan players lets be far who did we sign one man kienan thats it really it wasnt really a massive push on was it all the loans are going back no contracts signed by others and thats if they was offered new contracts in the 1st place so i can only see us going down hill from here with the players you see and freebies so i predict we will probly be going back to the bottom half of the championship like we was before unless the sharks (pmg/ranson)dont want any money and the owners invest like really invest not sign one player like last year and a few loans coz that will not cut it tbh as we 3-4players going who was under contract and no longer are as they have been allowed to leave for feck all if that dont tell people anything of there intensions then what does.Unless they done all of this in the hope of going up and are now waiting for a new man to spend big we will never know lets hope its the latter :lol: :ayatollah:

..................heaton........................

.......quinn.......hudson....kienan......super kev

free transfers....free transfer....mcphail...whitts

............chopra.........parkin........

bench full of freebies

and thats how we will start the season

Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Team for next season will be as follows so lets all get real as we have the players currently undercontract already and a load of freebies its not as if the owners spent big money this year gone bar loan players lets be far who did we sign one man kienan thats it really it wasnt really a massive push on was it all the loans are going back no contracts signed by others and thats if they was offered new contracts in the 1st place so i can only see us going down hill from here with the players you see and freebies so i predict we will probly be going back to the bottom half of the championship like we was before unless the sharks (pmg/ranson)dont want any money and the owners invest like really invest not sign one player like last year and a few loans coz that will not cut it tbh as we 3-4players going who was under contract and no longer are as they have been allowed to leave for feck all if that dont tell people anything of there intensions then what does.Unless they done all of this in the hope of going up and are now waiting for a new man to spend big we will never know lets hope its the latter :lol: :ayatollah:

bench full of freebies

The funny thing is, under a good manager I still think the side above is good enough to challenge for play-offs again next year.

Do you not think we will keep Bellamy? Or are you just thinking of the worst possible scenario? :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:55 pm

droopy wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Team for next season will be as follows so lets all get real as we have the players currently undercontract already and a load of freebies its not as if the owners spent big money this year gone bar loan players lets be far who did we sign one man kienan thats it really it wasnt really a massive push on was it all the loans are going back no contracts signed by others and thats if they was offered new contracts in the 1st place so i can only see us going down hill from here with the players you see and freebies so i predict we will probly be going back to the bottom half of the championship like we was before unless the sharks (pmg/ranson)dont want any money and the owners invest like really invest not sign one player like last year and a few loans coz that will not cut it tbh as we 3-4players going who was under contract and no longer are as they have been allowed to leave for feck all if that dont tell people anything of there intensions then what does.Unless they done all of this in the hope of going up and are now waiting for a new man to spend big we will never know lets hope its the latter :lol: :ayatollah:

bench full of freebies

The funny thing is, under a good manager I still think the side above is good enough to challenge for play-offs again next year.

Do you not think we will keep Bellamy? Or are you just thinking of the worst possible scenario? :ayatollah:

i have no idea if bellers will be here next year but im just saying thats how it is in the previous post trying to be a realist unlike the clowns on here chuckling silly names about worth 3-4million yet we spent how much on players last year bar kienan,we got players leaving worth millions for feck all who are out of contract and more loans are going back to parent clubs than the players already under contract we got to start the new season :lol: So i can not see the owners spending much or doing much about it last year wasnt really a massive push for the prem was it but still maybe there waiting for dj to go who knows now hes failed us AGAIN them maybe they will make me eat my shorts but i really can not see them doing much bar cutting the wage bill and we will become mid table side :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 3:04 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
droopy wrote:

bench full of freebies

i have no idea if bellers will be here next year but im just saying thats how it is in the previous post trying to be a realist unlike the clowns on here chuckling silly names about worth 3-4million yet we spent how much on players last year bar kienan,we got players leaving worth millions for feck all who are out of contract and more loans are going back to parent clubs than the players already under contract we got to start the new season :lol: So i can not see the owners spending much or doing much about it last year wasnt really a massive push for the prem was it but still maybe there waiting for dj to go who knows now hes failed us AGAIN them maybe they will make me eat my shorts but i really can not see them doing much bar cutting the wage bill and we will become mid table side :ayatollah:

I agree with you that some of the names mentioned have been quite silly, however I feel with the huge reduction in wages next year, the board may free up some cash to buy players. Most of the players I have suggested are either out of contract / cheap to buy or could easily get on loan (not that I want to have more than 4 loan players this season).

Who do you think would be the best "Free Transfer Buys" that would fit right in at cardiff and could do the best job here?

However, One thing I will say is that I have not seen that many bad suggestions of possible players and who knows with a new manager on board and a fresh set of players the backers may think it will be worth one last push.

Also I disagree with your "Mid Table Side" comment - I do not think if we get 4/5 decent free transfers/loans in we will be mid table next year I feel we will again be knocking on the door of the play-offs if not the auto's (Fingers Crossed lol). :D :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Bloody hell, you're all dreaming.

Casillas

Coentrao
Hudson
Gerrard
Ramos

Gerrard
Xavi
Iniesta

Gradel
Parkin
Messi

Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:Bloody hell, you're all dreaming.

Casillas

Coentrao
Hudson
Gerrard
Ramos

Gerrard
Xavi
Iniesta

Gradel
Parkin
Messi

Great Post :roll:

Why not post something constructive like what you really think will be the side next year instead of trying to be clever.

Ps. Your attempt at being clever/funny didnt really wash with me, sorry :? :)

Fri May 20, 2011 3:59 pm

[quote="droopy"]I would love to see this side (realistically) next year: -

-------------------------------------Lonergan----------------------------------

McNaughton------------Hudson-------------Gerrard------------Bertrand

------------------------------------Olifinjana-------------------------------

McGugan---------------------------Bullard-------------------------Bellamy

-----------------Earnshaw-----------------------Mackail-Smith------------

Bench:
Heaton
Quinn
Gerrard
Burke
Whittingam
Parkin
Gradel

I think these would be well within the price range for us

Would we able to afford mcgugan, bullard and mackail smith ?? :ayatollah:
i a would love to think so

Fri May 20, 2011 4:25 pm

:[/quote]

I agree with you that some of the names mentioned have been quite silly, however I feel with the huge reduction in wages next year, the board may free up some cash to buy players. Most of the players I have suggested are either out of contract / cheap to buy or could easily get on loan (not that I want to have more than 4 loan players this season).

Who do you think would be the best "Free Transfer Buys" that would fit right in at cardiff and could do the best job here?

However, One thing I will say is that I have not seen that many bad suggestions of possible players and who knows with a new manager on board and a fresh set of players the backers may think it will be worth one last push.

Also I disagree with your "Mid Table Side" comment - I do not think if we get 4/5 decent free transfers/loans in we will be mid table next year I feel we will again be knocking on the door of the play-offs if not the auto's (Fingers Crossed lol). :D :ayatollah:[/quote]

Your rite the wage bill has gone rite down come end of the month but i just can not see it ALL going back in to the team otherwise wheres jay/burke/matthews GONE for what?.All three could have done a job next year thats why i think its slash the wage bill get some freebies in.I can not simple name people because its pointless im sure theres 100s of players in the football world out of contract who are worth money if they had contracts to the clubs they have left now also i doubt 4/5 free transfers will ever get us back to where or what we done this year 11players are gone after all including all the loans and people out of contract/leaving thats why i think we will be down the bottom half next year but its all resting on one main factor the OWNERS to invest or say oh well lets sit in championship again.Who knows what will happen.

ONE MORE THING - jamesbarnett you have nothing constructive to say in many threads please f**k off gimp your the same everywhere i look in posts on here.