Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Depending on who is relegated from Prem this weekend

Fri May 20, 2011 1:08 pm

What about Holloway as our next manager???? Been there and done it, decent eye for a player, and motivational. Passionate, a fans favourite, and tells it like it is. Could he work for us? Being a Bristolian it would allow him to move closer to home. And more importantly he would cost a lot less than DJ!!!!!

And what about Alex McLeish ??? A shrewd Scot, again been there and done it and has done a very decent job at Brum. I admit it is highly unlikely he would leave even if Brum are relegated, especially for the Cardiff job due to wages etc...

Aside from the Premiership managers, the other name I think worthy of consideration....Lee clark at Huddersfield. Whilst City faultered at the end of the season they went on something like a 23 game unbeaten run which is no mean feat in any tier of football. He is young, ambitious and could fit the bill if a decision is made not to go for an experienced manager.

Just thought I would throw this in as I would be interested to hear opinions. Cheers :ayatollah:

Re: Depending on who is relegated from Prem this weekend

Fri May 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Holloway would be ok but I always sense that sometimes his team's performances come secondary to The Ian Holloway Stand Up Show. He almost tries too hard to be the centre of attention at press conferences. And, anyway, I think that the Blackpool board will try and keep him on to get back up next season, if they come down that is.