Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The official club statement

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm

The whole thing hardly comes as a shock to me - oh dear we have lied to you big time in the past but , don`t worry , you can trust us from now on. ffs!!

But two things in particular stand out as being unbelievable in the statement

1) the stated ongoing support for Peter Ridsdale - what`s he got to do before they consider it unacceptable/

2) the reference to the statement being the club`s way of updating its shareholders. Surely , the only proper way to do this is through a formal AGM or EGM which the club seems reluctant to do .

Re: The official club statement

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Since 62, i just dont get it either, why the the other dircetors keep putting up with it ? Questions should be asked , but they dont seem to be. Paul guy and the others, have to be held responsible as well.

We were told we had to average 18000 crowds , We are way above this. is it down to the accountants getting there figures wrong? or Purely lies from the riddler.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:09 pm

since62 wrote:The whole thing hardly comes as a shock to me - oh dear we have lied to you big time in the past but , don`t worry , you can trust us from now on. ffs!!

1) the stated ongoing support for Peter Ridsdale - what`s he got to do before they consider it unacceptable/

2) the reference to the statement being the club`s way of updating its shareholders. Surely , the only proper way to do this is through a formal AGM or EGM which the club seems reluctant to do .

Keith, what do you make of this £7m fit-out overspend, especially given that compass and possibly the brewes have paid up front a large sum toward fitting out, and the club must have originally had 'some' budget to spend.

sounds like bull-shit to me.

Funny how PR wants to take the credit (and bonus) for getting the stadium made then just seems to pass off the overspend as 'someone else's problem'.

FFS £7m is a hell of a lot of money on a £40m stadium built on a fixed contract.

Very interested in your take on this mate.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
since62 wrote:The whole thing hardly comes as a shock to me - oh dear we have lied to you big time in the past but , don`t worry , you can trust us from now on. ffs!!

Keith, what do you make of this £7m fit-out overspend, especially given that compass and possibly the brewes have paid up front a large sum toward fitting out, and the club must have originally had 'some' budget to spend.

sounds like bull-shit to me.

I think the budget for the fit-out was £3m and it actually cost £7m so the overspend was £4m. Still can`t see how the club could get the cost estimates so badly wrong mind - was all the work given out to winners of competitive tenders or just to "friends"? To be over 100% out from budget is unbelievable.

Another point on the official statement as well.

It refers to the support of the "majority" of shareholders . If that means majority in number , then why weren`t all shareholders consulted (there are hundreds of them)? If that means majority in value , then that would still need considerably more than PMG and the directors , so were they formally asked (as I say there has been no meeting properly convened to discuss it) or are the claims of support further lies?

Funny how PR wants to take the credit (and bonus) for getting the stadium made then just seems to pass off the overspend as 'someone else's problem'.

FFS £7m is a hell of a lot of money on a £40m stadium built on a fixed contract.

Very interested in your take on this mate.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 pm

So Keith.
Another lie, this time over the overspend .