Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IS IT TIME TO SAY GOODBYE "

Fri May 20, 2011 7:06 pm

To Michael Chopra ?

Chops returned to us last season after a successful first spell and I was delighted to have him back but in light of his behaviour of the course of this season, has he taken his position within the club for granted ?

There have been late night parties and gambling amounts of money in one evening than many people earn in a year.

His lack of form coincided with his obvious lack of fitness and he appeared to be overweight and out of shape.

Roy Keane put Chops in rehab for 'personal issues' which I believe means drinking and gambling addiction. Keane could not tame him, DJ brought him back and thought he could help Chops, so much so I believe DJ said about Chops staying in DJ's house when he first returned.

Chops his on record as saying he wants to repay the manager for putting his faith in him, well if that is the thanks then I wouldn't want to see how bad it could get if went off the rails.

For me you can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink.

So for that reason it is my opinion that Michael Chopra should be sold to the highest bidder this season regardless of who the buying club would be.

Opinions please.

Re: IS IT TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Fri May 20, 2011 7:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:To Michael Chopra ?

Chops returned to us last season after a successful first spell and I was delighted to have him back but in light of his behaviour of the course of this season, has he taken his position within the club for granted ?

There have been late night parties and gambling amounts of money in one evening than many people earn in a year.

His lack of form coincided with his obvious lack of fitness and he appeared to be overweight and out of shape.

Roy Keane put Chops in rehab for 'personal issues' which I believe means drinking and gambling addiction. Keane could not tame him, DJ brought him back and thought he could help Chops, so much so I believe DJ said about Chops staying in DJ's house when he first returned.

Chops his on record as saying he wants to repay the manager for putting his faith in him, well if that is the thanks then I wouldn't want to see how bad it could get if went off the rails.

So for that reason it is my opinion that Michael Chopra should be sold to the highest bidder this season regardless of who the buying club would be.

Opinions please.

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:11 pm

I believe so. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Time to go sorry let us down big time i would get rid of all these big time charlies.

time to take out the trash, no doubt in his ability but his commitment and frequent f**k ups off the field have subtracted all faith

Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 pm

I would be happy for him to leave, all depends of course if we cant get anyone in during the summer hed have to a job for us next year. But ideally yes bye bye :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:14 pm

I Feel the same ....takes it for granted but still gives more work percentage than others ... new blood in please someone with more aspiration to get to the premier

Opinions please.

Depends on a lot of things.

Whether the manager can motivate him.
How much we can get for him.
What funds/budget we have available.
Who else we can get, for instance if Bellamy stays then Chops won't get many games. Earnie may be a better and cheaper option. More of a team player, looks after himself and can still find the net at this level.

On his day Chopra can be a fantastic striker at this level - 20 goals a season. But if his head's not in it he's an expensive ornament.

he has to go :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm

yes i agree carl and i think a few more can follow theve let themselves down and the fans :( :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:19 pm

He needs to get help.

Re: " IS IT TIME TO SAY GOODBYE "

Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 pm

yep.

I'd move him on in the summer and bring in Earnshaw in his place, if possible of course.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Opinions please.

Who else we can get, for instance if Bellamy stays then Chops won't get many games. Earnie may be a better and cheaper option. More of a team player, looks after himself and can still find the net at this level.

On his day Chopra can be a fantastic striker at this level - 20 goals a season. But if his head's not in it he's an expensive ornament.

Tim surely his reputation goes before him and if DJ or Keane could not control him then I don't believe the next manager along could.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Seems to be a very bad apple, who's capable of dragging people down with him. Gutted really, as i've always liked him as a player.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Chopra when he plays for City gives 100% and plays with alot of passion and deep down i think he loves Cardiff City.

But i agree i think it's time for him to go, he deffo needs help with his off field problems.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Opinions please.

Tim surely his reputation goes before him and if DJ or Keane could not control him then I don't believe the next manager along could.

His continued drink/gambling issues tend to suggest that he's not ready to pack them in yet.

Defo time to move him on.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Opinions please.

carl

dj and the club should have kept fining him and disciplining him until he ran out of money to drink and gamble with.
trouble is now whats his real value in the fransfer market
not enough to pay of ray ransom i suspect

Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 pm

He has to go, we need a big clear out to be honest, then we can start afresh next season, and move on from this season of bitter disapointment :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:39 pm

But who's going to want him :?:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:44 pm

View topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46108

Fri May 20, 2011 7:48 pm

get the VIRUS out of our club now, dont care if its newport buy him for a quid

Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Opinions please.

bye bye chopra :(

Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Opinions please.

What if no-one wants to pay a decent fee for him ?
He's bounced back from personal problems before, I think a lot of his issues this year were down to him being in and out of the side, he is used to being the hero here and he feels pushed out (remember he's only mid 20's, some blokes still act like 16 year-olds at that age).
Also the Malaysians may not sanction money for a replacement.
Its not a simple yes or no decision, there are too many outside factors.

For a start we need to bring in at least 3 midfielders, a decent target man and left back. That won't be cheap. Can we afford to ship out for next to nothing one of our best players. Chopra is one of only 2 players in the side with a vale which might go over £1m (Whitts is the other).

Fri May 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:View topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46108

Was thinking the same thing when you put that link up chief :ayatollah:

More people on here wanting to get rid of Chops,Ive made my comments over the weeks how i feel about what has happened in the last 2 months,and not going to go all over it again :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Disagree and think chopra is class and one of the best in division. Difficult season with injuries etc! I think he needs a pre season under new manager and will be back on form. Regardless of how many times he goes on the piss he does work his bollox off every game. There is something wrong with our fitness programme thou! Clubs always seem to have to get out players fit prior to them playing!

Fri May 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Finding it hard to disagree with any of that, but Chops used to be a legend. Could a new manager change his ways or is he just beyond saving?

Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 pm

First post on here so be gentle.

Chops I think when he has played has looked very good still gets in to good positions off the ball scored 11 goals I think in approx 20 odd starts.That is very good.

Chops hasn't covered himself in glory off the pitch and has let everybody down with the drink thing which was a betrayal to all at the club for this he should go and take the other gimps who were involved with him.What a shame cos he is a good player but he isn't disciplined enough off the field and has let himself and all of us down.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:14 pm

G.R.A. wrote:Disagree and think chopra is class and one of the best in division. Difficult season with injuries etc! I think he needs a pre season under new manager and will be back on form. Regardless of how many times he goes on the piss he does work his bollox off every game. There is something wrong with our fitness programme thou! Clubs always seem to have to get out players fit prior to them playing!

I genuinly don't think he is as hard working as people think he is (not this season anyway), there have been many times this season when he just seems to be going through the motions and offers little quality and effort. He looks a shadow of the player that was awesome in the playoff final. I loved Chops as much as the rest of you, but i agree, it may be time to say goodbye.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:16 pm

I believe it totally depends on our next manager. Yes, he is quite temperemental and stuff, but I truly believe that under right guidance he can still be a quality player as he once was.

If I was manager, I would sell him. Even 1 million would be enough for me, because I believe we can sign a player who might have less quality than Chopra, but more consistent and professional :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:16 pm

brickyblue wrote:First post on here so be gentle.

Chops I think when he has played has looked very good still gets in to good positions off the ball scored 11 goals I think in approx 20 odd starts.That is very good.

Chops hasn't covered himself in glory off the pitch and has let everybody down with the drink thing which was a betrayal to all at the club for this he should go and take the other gimps who were involved with him.What a shame cos he is a good player but he isn't disciplined enough off the field and has let himself and all of us down.

I think as soon as he got injured and then came back and sat on the bench his motivation and focus was lost, he has always been billy big spuds at the city but Bellamy put pay to all that. Still think with the right management he could do a major job for us.