Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " IS IT TIME TO SAY GOODBYE "

Fri May 20, 2011 8:30 pm

I don't care about his gambling, his money, he can do what he likes. Drinking and partying isn't acceptable but that's for all the squad.

I think it's important he stays, still a class act and if he can get a run in the team he would be to scorer, no doubt.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:48 pm

G.R.A. wrote:Disagree and think chopra is class and one of the best in division. Difficult season with injuries etc! I think he needs a pre season under new manager and will be back on form. Regardless of how many times he goes on the piss he does work his bollox off every game. There is something wrong with our fitness programme thou! Clubs always seem to have to get out players fit prior to them playing!

Couldn't agree more mate.
Chops may be lacking fitness, but remember, he's just returned earlier than expected from injury to make the end of the season. He's found himself warming the bench or played out of position. What do you expect?
Can't believe most of the comments wanting him to leave. Of all the players we actually own, I'd let go the lot of them before Chops apart from maybe Super Kev. The pair of them are the only true 110% effort players we have. He chases balls, spends more time on his feet and doesn't pull out of a tackle or be afraid to put a foot in (unlike others).

Under a new manager with some better discipline (O'Neil) and at least "some" tactical ability and we'll see him back to normal.
He deserves a summer to regain fitness and a run of games up front as centre forward.

Next season I would only have the following existing names on my team sheet...

Defenders: Super Kev, Hudson, Keinon and Gerrard (should never of let him go in the first place)
Midfielders: Whittingham, CB
Forwards: Chops

All the rest should be cleared.

Completely new keepers (and goalkeeping coaches)
Wingers who can take the fullback on (Routledge/Dyer) Dyer will skin Reading's ageing, pedestrian defenders all day long.
Centre midfielder who can tackle (O'Neil/King/Pratley).
Forward (Sidebe/Earnie)

We almost lack the whole spine of the team
A lot of work needs to be done, which confirms to me that City definitely need a new man at the helm.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Bye bye Chops, you let yourself, team (unless they were with you ) and the fans down :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fri May 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Agree Carl....

I like Chopra the REAL player....but the imposter we currently have is like buying Nike goods from a street hawker!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Carl is it true Chopra travelled to London this season for personal talks with QPR?

Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Sorry I don't agree it is time to say goodbye

Chops has played second fiddle to Bothroyd and Bellamy this season and I'm not sure that he should have

His off field antics are probably down to frustration> he wants to play you can clearly see that

I would keep him simply because he really is good at this level. I have said time and again you can defend against anything BUT pace. Chops if playing and fit is good. Him and Earnie up front would create havoc

You have got to remember we have to replace him . . . and good strikers are rare

Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Carl is it true Chopra travelled to London this season for personal talks with QPR?

Yes Stan it is, I posted it before you joined this site and the initial meeting took place in Dubai

Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Carl is it true Chopra travelled to London this season for personal talks with QPR?

Yes Stan it is, I posted it before you joined this site and the initial meeting took place in Dubai

Thanks mate.

Interesting. So his head has been elsewhere clearly for a while. Are you in a position to say whether he wanted the move or whether CCFC were trying to offload him? If not no probs just interested.

Before Xmas I really wanted us to go for him but £3m I think it was seemed steep. In hindsight the bright lights of the smoke would of ruined him.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Thanks mate.

Interesting. So his head has been elsewhere clearly for a while. Are you in a position to say whether he wanted the move or whether CCFC were trying to offload him? If not no probs just interested.

Before Xmas I really wanted us to go for him but £3m I think it was seemed steep. In hindsight the bright lights of the smoke would of ruined him.

Yes he did and he met with the Indian directors on your board and I was told that Warnock had conversations with Chops too, tapping up maybe but it happened.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:he met with the Indian directors on your board and I was told that Warnock had conversations with Chops too, tapping up maybe but it happened.

Couldn't of gone down well with your board? Unless they were thinking of the ££££ of course.

Seems the R's didn't want to part with 7 figures. Starting to think it was a shrewd move not signing him actually. Is a player I would think we'd go back for but his antics & fitness have probably put a block on that now.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Lets allow Dave Jones' replacement to make the decision on Chopra. Isn't it possible that perhaps he and Jones were too close.
Potentially a top player who at the moment would be sold for peanuts. How much will replacing cost and will the money be made available to buy a suitable replacement?

Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Whats wrong with his fitness? Because he doesn't have a six pack he is unfit?
Is Rooney unfit or have fitness problems?
Chops worked harder than anyone over 2 legs in the play/offs.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:55 pm

It's going to be almost impossible to know what the right decision will be, on whether to keep him or to sell him.

Becuase on his day imo, he is easily 1 of the best strikers in this division. If can work really hard in pre-season then there's no reason why he can't rip apart this divison next season.

But if we do sell him it may be a good move for the club as he has been going downhill lately.

IMO, get the owners to sit down and talk with the guy and if chops is passionate about staying, working really hard during pre-season and he is 1000% commitmited then keep him cos he is a class player on his day! :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Whats wrong with his fitness? Because he doesn't have a six pack he is unfit?

Really?

First leg saw him touch the ball twice, 2nd leg much of the same & his man boobs were clear to see along with his sagging chin & that's not a dig that is deadly serious the guy is clearly overweight & I'm shocked you think otherwise.

Rooney gets the job done Chops doesn't.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:33 pm

This is easy to answer if you want an unfit piss head gambler to play for us then ok.(not the best example to any young players or fans) But if you dont then he has to go.I would personally get as much money as we can for him thats if we can sell him.THERE IS NO PLAYER BIGGER THAN OUR CLUB.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Whats wrong with his fitness? Because he doesn't have a six pack he is unfit?

Really?

First leg saw him touch the ball twice, 2nd leg much of the same & his man boobs were clear to see along with his sagging chin & that's not a dig that is deadly serious the guy is clearly overweight & I'm shocked you think otherwise.

i dont recall Chopra getting on the end of any of Bothroyds flick ons. Yes Bothroyd did start winning high balls again but Chopra reading of the game was at least 10 yards slower than what he is capable off. The problem is one of two things, he is still unfit or his head is not in it.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

Really?

i dont recall Chopra getting on the end of any of Bothroyds flick ons. Yes Bothroyd did start winning high balls again but Chopra reading of the game was at least 10 yards slower than what he is capable off. The problem is one of two things, he is still unfit or his head is not in it.

Exactly how I saw things Baked to be fair.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:48 pm

His thought of mind might have been slow but his work ethic wasn't. He wasn't on the ball a lot but he chased everything especially at reading. I haven't seem the sky coverage as I forgot to record it but while I agree he looked off his game incertaintly wouldn't blame fitness.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:53 pm

I used to love chopra but he has disgraced himself this season! All those who say he works hard he has rarely done so in games this year, when Bellamy moved up top he really showed up chopras work rare! His touch has been poor and he has been far from sharp in front of goal , it's also evidently clear from looking at his gut to know that he doesn't train properly or live his life right! In current shape he is a drain and poisoness element yet he could still be one of the best players at this level! I think it all depends what shape he returns in pre season! If he is fit and hungry and ready to work hard give the man a chance, if it's more of the same get the waster out of the club asap

Fri May 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I used to love chopra but he has disgraced himself this season! All those who say he works hard he has rarely done so in games this year, when Bellamy moved up top he really showed up chopras work rare! His touch has been poor and he has been far from sharp in front of goal , it's also evidently clear from looking at his gut to know that he doesn't train properly or live his life right! In current shape he is a drain and poisoness element

2blue2handle

This fella has just written the cold hard truth unfortunately.

The guy is out of shape, out of form & possibly out of his mind.

Shame as I really rated him.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:26 am

Can we afford to lose Chopra?

billy davies likes a gambleperhaps we can do an exchange for earnshaw

Sat May 21, 2011 12:26 am

I think that during Chopra's second spell at City he has only made us fans feel worse about him :x

I hope that he can regain his form from his first stint at the club but sadly i cannot see it happening :(

Therefore we must sell him now to the highest bidder because he has grown to be just a drain on much needed funds :ayatollah:

To me he seems to care about DJ more than he actualy cares about CCFC

:?

Whats that coming over the hill ??? .... Robert Earnshaw :)

Sat May 21, 2011 12:47 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:I used to love chopra but he has disgraced himself this season! All those who say he works hard he has rarely done so in games this year, when Bellamy moved up top he really showed up chopras work rare! His touch has been poor and he has been far from sharp in front of goal , it's also evidently clear from looking at his gut to know that he doesn't train properly or live his life right! In current shape he is a drain and poisoness element

2blue2handle

Ok why has he written the cold hard truth? He has his opinion and that's fair enough but I don't see how you can claim it's the truth from a few games you may have seen? Or is it just convient to agree with him to boost your ego?

Btw I agree he is out of form since his injury and together with playing wide and being In and out the team it hasnt helped.
I don't agree he is unfit as IMO he worked his bollocks off at reading even if the sky cameras didn't show it all.

He needs a pre-season and start games and he will be the top scorer in the champ no doubt.

Sat May 21, 2011 3:23 am

Agree, & hes not the only one either! :x

Sat May 21, 2011 5:53 am

carlccfc wrote:

So all this talk of chopra playing for india was a load of shite??????????

Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 am

GET RID, let him go and play for the delhi daredevils!!
have no time for the bloke. i would rather someone with half his ability but twice his commitment and ball sack to cardiff city!

Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 am

THINK ITS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO ALL THE PISSHEADS AT THE CLUB. CHOPRA HAS LET HIMSELF AND US FANS DOWN. BUT THANKS FOR ALL THE GOALS ESPECIALLY THE ONE THAT BEAT THE GYPOS LAST SEASON. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:39 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

2blue2handle

Ok why has he written the cold hard truth? He has his opinion and that's fair enough but I don't see how you can claim it's the truth from a few games you may have seen? Or is it just convient to agree with him to boost your ego?

Btw I agree he is out of form quote]

It's clear you are in a very small minority after reading this whole thread. But you tell yourself you are correct TO BOOST YOUR EGO.

Opinions are like arseholes, every one's got one but no one wants to see the other guys
:old:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:00 am

chopra is at this moment over a stone above the weight that he was when he returned to pre season training.
i have always believed that fitness is a personal thing and he has had plenty of free time outside of training to have worked hard enough to have shed that weight.
perhaps the slim fast diet instead of the cobra and corals diet would have been the better option during his injury period.
having said that if he had had a manager capable of instilling a bit of discipline into the squad perhaps he would not have strayed so much.
If you are not getting punished for being in a nightclub 13 hours before a massive football game your hardly going to worry about a trivial matter of a stone over weight

Sat May 21, 2011 9:21 am

I think it's time for him to go. On his day he can be one of the best strikers in this league but his personal issues have really spiralled out of control and he is a bad influence to others.

He needs to go to rehab and sort himself out otherwise he could be looking at an early retirement.