Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I think the jerks are heading........

Sat May 21, 2011 12:16 pm

FOR A BIG FALL!!!

Remember how confident we all were this time last year of walking over blackpool and getting to the promised land, as we found out its not that easy and i can see them failing just as we did, and its even worse when you think you are there already as 90% jacks do.

I cant see them recovering from that then and struggling in the championship next season, just like we were heading to do until the transfer embargo was lifted and we brought bellers home to give the whole place a lift and the fire in our bellys for another promotion push.

Its going to be a long hard summer for them down west and who are they going to get in to give them the lift they will need for another crack at promotion, FAT BOY TRUNDLE MAYBE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: I think the jerks are heading........

Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

They are certainly digging a big hole for themselves just like we did last year.

If they fail it will be interesting to see if they keep hold of their main players though. I believe there could be quite a big exodus of them.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

when ever we talk bout the jacks f*cking up it backfires on us so i think we should just wait and see :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Yeah you wish :lol:

If that's what keeps you going then carry on Eddie :D

And to think some were saying on here that we'll end up supporting whoever you lot play in the final :lol: :lol:

'Come on Reading' i can hear you all shout :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 12:28 pm

blackswan wrote:Yeah you wish :lol:

And to think some were saying on here that we'll end up supporting whoever you lot play in the final :lol: :lol:

See what i mean about over confidence, its not about me wishing its about you lot thinking you are there already!

Just like we did last year being big favourites and all that!

Like i said get ready for the big fall, i wont say i told you so honest :D

Sat May 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:

See what i mean about over confidence, its not about me wishing its about you lot thinking you are there already!

Where in my post do i appear over confident? :?

Sat May 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Lets just step back in time shall we Blackswan.

I remember last year when we came ot play Blackpool how many of the users on PS changed their avatars to the Blackpool crest. How many of us on here have put up a Reading crest?

Yes there are some who want Reading to win but on a percentage fromt it is alot less than you guys cheering Blackpool.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:46 pm

blackswan wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:

Where in my post do i appear over confident? :?

You saying I WISH, like its never going to happen in a million years in your eyes!

Like i said get ready cos it hurts even more when you think you are there already, you wana hope you got some contingency plan in place cos you gunna need it ;)

Sat May 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I remember last year when we came ot play Blackpool how many of the users on PS changed their avatars to the Blackpool crest. How many of us on here have put up a Reading crest?

Yes there are some who want Reading to win but on a percentage fromt it is alot less than you guys cheering Blackpool.

I never did,can't speak for the rest of the Jacks,although i do remember it not being too many.Anyway it's early days yet and the fact that it was Reading who prevented you from getting to the final might have a say in you not 'supporting' them on the day.

Im sure you'll come back with,it was Blackpool who stopped us from the playoffs last season,but that was more indirect.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

They are way too confident. They think it will be easy because they did the double over Reading, but Reading are a different team now to what they were earlier in the season. Long, Hunt, Kebe, McAnuff and Leigertwood are talented players. Reading, like the Jacks, play well as a team and if the Jacks play against Reading like they did against Forest they will lose. Forest could easily have scored 7 goals in Jacksville and will not get that sort of luck twice.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Eddie:

So your saying that you KNOW we won't go up....now that's over confidence and presumptious :D

We've had a great season either way,if we win which i think we will,then we'll move on with momentum,if we lose then we lose and 2 or 3 of our best players might leave.That is all.

Sat May 21, 2011 1:11 pm

blackswan wrote:Eddie:

So your saying that you KNOW we won't go up....now that's over confidence and presumptious :D

We've had a great season either way,if we win which i think we will,then we'll move on with momentum,if we lose then we lose and 2 or 3 of our best players might leave.That is all.

Yes you mite lose 2 or 3 of your best players, but what about the players who stay, what will their confidence be like, we only lost ledley last year and i went to notts county pre season and i could see how much lacking in confidence they all was after the final defeat 2 months earlier, and they turned us over quite easily and i was convinced that day that we would only be a mid table team that season.

But then the embargo was lifted and we pulled off the shock transfer of the summer bringing bells home, and that give us the lift we needed for another crack at it.

What do you think your club will do to lift everyone for next season when you fail at the last hurdle?

And yes i am convinced you will fail cos thats what happens to teams who are over confident, it happens all the time in football!

Sat May 21, 2011 1:24 pm

The fans are confident and why wouldn't we be? We were the best side in the division bar QPR.We've beaten Reading twice already so to go into the game not being confident is madness.Brendan will make sure that the team is grounded,it's what he's best at.The fans can sing it from the rooftops that we're going up but as long as the team is firmly focused on the job in hand then that's all that matters.

We've over-achieved some might say this season,so getting the lads focused IF we dont go up shouldn't be a problem.It didn't seem to affect you too much as you got straight back into it and hit the ground running.

Sat May 21, 2011 1:32 pm

blackswan wrote:The fans are confident and why wouldn't we be? We were the best side in the division bar QPR.We've beaten Reading twice already so to go into the game not being confident is madness.Brendan will make sure that the team is grounded,it's what he's best at.The fans can sing it from the rooftops that we're going up but as long as the team is firmly focused on the job in hand then that's all that matters.

We've over-achieved some might say this season,so getting the lads focused IF we dont go up shouldn't be a problem.It didn't seem to affect you too much as you got straight back into it and hit the ground running.

We didnt hit the ground running though, we were destined for a season of mid table medorcrity until we got bellers in and the whole place was lifted.

Like i said you are doomed next season cos i cant see uncle huw pulling off something that big to lift the gloom that will surround everyone after falling at the last hurdle after thinking you are there!

Sat May 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:
blackswan wrote:The fans are confident and why wouldn't we be? We were the best side in the division bar QPR.We've beaten Reading twice already so to go into the game not being confident is madness.Brendan will make sure that the team is grounded,it's what he's best at.The fans can sing it from the rooftops that we're going up but as long as the team is firmly focused on the job in hand then that's all that matters.

We didnt hit the ground running though, we were destined for a season of mid table medorcrity until we got bellers in and the whole place was lifted.

Like i said you are doomed next season cos i cant see uncle huw pulling off something that big to lift the gloom that will surround everyone after falling at the last hurdle after thinking you are there!

Oh right,so after all that,the conclusion you've come to is we're all doomed next season :lol:

It's what you HOPE happens Edward,not KNOW ;)

Sat May 21, 2011 1:42 pm

And i tell you what's over confidence young eddie.Some of your lot putting deposits on coaches for the Wembley final :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to be told that all deposits are non refundable :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to make matters worse the same coach company then give swans fans the coaches at a knockdown price :lol: :lol: :lol:

you couldn't make it up :D

Sat May 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Bristol City did the double over us in the regular season before we met in the play off semis. Their fans couldn't wait to play us...they thought it would be easy. It wasn't. We beat them and then QPR in the final. Reading are a different team in the last 3 months and will not be easy. As we all know football can be a funny old game...we were the better team for an hour against Reading but two individual errors put us 2 goals down and chasing the game. It could have been so different as indeed it could have been in your second semi. Forest battered you in the second half and could have easily got 7 goals in the whole game....hitting the woodwork 3 times, 2 definite penalties (Warnock said so) and Tudgay blazed over an easy chance after they were cut apart down the left. Saying all that it's anyones game between two good teams.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

And let's not forget the Jacks were so dumb as to support a side that beat them 5-1, taking their playoff spot...

Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 pm

And let's not forget the Jacks were so dumb as to support a side that beat them 5-1, taking their playoff spot...
nerd

Private messageE-mail nerd

Thats classic, and end of the argument blackswan,,, you gotta agree, all your orange ballons and all that when you came to us..

Sat May 21, 2011 3:08 pm

I haven't seen any (or at least very, very little) over confidence from our fans.

Most people know that anything can happen.

Sat May 21, 2011 3:18 pm

NJ73 wrote:I haven't seen any (or at least very, very little) over confidence from our fans.

Most people know that anything can happen.

Really!!!
come to whear i live, they have all gone on the piss down wind street today wearing t-shirts that say===look out prem, the jacks are marching>>>OH FECKING DEAR.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 3:31 pm

who cares who wins dont support either, best of luck to the both sides,all i care about is CARDIFF CITY so lets stop worrying about other sides and get our own house in order first because quite frankly our club is a mess at the mo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 5:38 pm

i f*cking despise swansea and their scummy fans so...

COME ON READING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 5:52 pm

reading supporters club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:06 pm

They will sell Sinclair for about 5 million and re build with that.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 am

Eddie ccfc wrote:FOR A BIG FALL!!!

Remember how confident we all were this time last year of walking over blackpool and getting to the promised land, as we found out its not that easy and i can see them failing just as we did, and its even worse when you think you are there already as 90% jacks do.

I cant see them recovering from that then and struggling in the championship next season, just like we were heading to do until the transfer embargo was lifted and we brought bellers home to give the whole place a lift and the fire in our bellys for another promotion push.

Its going to be a long hard summer for them down west and who are they going to get in to give them the lift they will need for another crack at promotion, FAT BOY TRUNDLE MAYBE :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah some fall it was too :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 am

blackswan wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:FOR A BIG FALL!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah some fall it was too :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

i tell them not to say stuff like that cause it backfires every time :roll:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:10 am

Yeah i did notice BB.To be fair there was a few on here who played it right,yourself included.But the likes of Bakedalasker/City Gent and obviously this threadstarter were bursting at the seams with bitterness and jealousy.People like that never learn.

Tue May 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Eat your stupid, envious, scabby words.

Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm

blackswan wrote:Yeah i did notice BB.To be fair there was a few on here who played it right,yourself included.But the likes of Bakedalasker/City Gent and obviously this threadstarter were bursting at the seams with bitterness and jealousy.People like that never learn.

And im man enough to hold my hands up and admit i was wrong, would you have been on here today admiting i was right if you did blow it, i doubt it very much!

And it wasn't bitterness and jealously from me i honestly thought you was going to mess it up like us last year after most of you thinking you was already there before a ball had even been kicked.

That's all i got to say is congratulations on going up but im not going to wish you luck in the prem for obvious reasons, but for the record i think you will stay up and we will be joining you up there in 2012* to resume our rivalry in the best league in the world(*depending what manager we get in*)